Status Match Questions

mafig

Here is the one Maureen received:

13179046_10208323576158731_2571659134672162172_n.jpg?oh=6219a534c11072a87a3c52c89731546e&oe=57E49C26

Memory jogged LOL I have one sitting at the back of my fridge totally forgotten about :eek: It was actually the second I received - the first and third ones were gifted to friends for their children and DH's first one from our last cruise was given to a wonderful couple we'd met onboard!

And don't forget the chocolate dipped strawberries and bottle of prosecco and the complimentary dinner in one of the other restaurants !

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

And don't forget the chocolate dipped strawberries and bottle of prosecco and the complimentary dinner in one of the other restaurants !

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hey now, Mike, you left out the important stuff!! Is Gold on Carnival enough to be black?:cool:

I can status match on MSC too?

Do I just choose which cruise line I want to match, for instance RCCL or NCL (only have 4 on CCL).

Thanks so much. I'll look on the website I guess.

I can status match on MSC too?

Do I just choose which cruise line I want to match, for instance RCCL or NCL (only have 4 on CCL).

Thanks so much. I'll look on the website I guess.

Absolutely!! Just use your highest ranking membership program:

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/MSC-Voyagers-Club/Loyalty-Match-Program.aspx

Absolutely!! Just use your highest ranking membership program:

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/MSC-Voyagers-Club/Loyalty-Match-Program.aspx

Wow!

Thank you.

Let me ask, once I match, does it stay "active" with what I matched it to originally.

For instance, if I match now to NCL and I cruise next month, will it credit me for next month's NCL or once I match, that is it? If so, I will wait until I cruise next month on NCL since it will bring me to it's highest ranking.

Thanks.

Wow!

Thank you.

Let me ask, once I match, does it stay "active" with what I matched it to originally.

For instance, if I match now to NCL and I cruise next month, will it credit me for next month's NCL or once I match, that is it? If so, I will wait until I cruise next month on NCL since it will bring me to it's highest ranking.

Thanks.

You can only apply once,,so if one more sailing onboard NCL will yield their highest loyalty level,,go ahead and wait until after your sailing so you can be matched to Black Level with MSC,,,:D

Mike, are you sure? Thought Carnival Platinum equaled MSC Gold and Carnival Diamond equaled MSC Black.

Bret

Yes,,,you are absolutely correct Bret,,,I meant to edit that post but new construction pics of MSC Seaside distracted me!!!;) My apologies to you Love2Cruz!!!

Screen%20Shot%202016-07-06%20at%203.46.27%20PM_zpsw0r91cya.png

Woohoo! I'll take it! My birthday falls on the cruise, I'll get a complimentary Birthday cake.:D Now I'm happy.

We had a lady celebrate a birthday when we were dining at Shanghai on the last night of our cruise on the Orchestra. She was nice enough to share the cake with all the diners in the restaurant at the time, as her party only had 4 at the table and the cake was large.

OMG...it tasted like a napolean cake, the pastry cream was so delicious...if that were my cake, I would definitely be having a second helping!:cool:

Unless I am completely in the dark on how MSC is commissioning, I am unaware of ANY travel arrangements (cruise or land) where commission isn't based on percentage cost of trip.

I would bet the farm your agent is making a percentage of your booking, meaning they will lose roughly 10% of commission if you discount the trip 10%.

Of course, MSC does things entirely different than the US travel industry, so I could be wrong. I'll put in a mail to some of my friends in the business to double-check.

Shippy: a 20% discount would be worth looking into! I never did any status matches because MSC gives an automatic 10% to anyone working in the civil industry so that was always a better discount. 20% I could get excited for.

January 19, 2017

I just checked the website. You have to sign into the Voyagers club area.

Our status match gave us the discount last year. You ALSO get $50. each OBC if you are Black card.

We currently have a cruise booked for March. We book way ahead on this ship because I want a YC2 or 3 which are very hard to get.

I just checked about switching dates because we are far enough out as to not incur any penalties.

Bad news for us. There are NO Yacht Club rooms of any category available for that sailing.

For anyone who does not care if they get that category, you are in real luck. Not only can you snag the discount, this cruise has a special 10 day itinerary & seems very reasonable.

Reviewing the benefit list it says "onboard dedicated number". What is that?

And do you actually receive a membership card? We matched to black and haven't received anything except an email with a picture of a "card"

OK, thanks.

Hopefully, this will work.

I'm going to use this as a test. If I get a reply back with a status match it means I'm to go ahead and book. If not, then no.

Well looky here. Just checked my email and my status match came through.:) I had just about given up after hearing of others who got a reply after only a few hours.

Is this a sign I should book?:confused::D

Woohoo! I'll take it! My birthday falls on the cruise, I'll get a complimentary Birthday cake.:D Now I'm happy.

You need to let them know before your cruise that you'll be celebrating a birthday while onboard. Then you need to check that it's in the system when embarking or you won't receive a cake, otherwise.

DH and I failed to receive a cake on the night of our anniversary despite the fact that it was in the ship's system. We were in YC at the time - boy, did they make it up to us for the rest of the week - DH and I were blown away with the lengths they went to for what they saw as their error! (Another great reason for sailing YC - service is phenomenal!:D)

Well looky here. Just checked my email and my status match came through.:) I had just about given up after hearing of others who got a reply after only a few hours.

Is this a sign I should book?:confused::D

YIPEEEEEEEEEEE

Yes, yes, yes....a thousand times YES..LOL. I just have one piece of advice, however. Choose your cruise, look at the deck plans and pick your cabin out. Stay on your computer and CALL to make the reservations. Have your status match number available so you receive the 5% discount. HAVE THEM SEND YOU AN EMAIL CONFORMATION. (which you should receive immediately). Good luck to you. This is what I did after reading people having problems booking via the website. I had zero problems so far, but booked via the toll free number. :):):)

Edited by champagne123
FFFF

YIPEEEEEEEEEEE

Yes, yes, yes....a thousand times YES..LOL. I just have one piece of advice, however. Choose your cruise, look at the deck plans and pick your cabin out. Stay on your computer and CALL to make the reservations. Have your status match number available so you receive the 5% discount. HAVE THEM SEND YOU AN EMAIL CONFORMATION. (which you should receive immediately). Good luck to you. This is what I did after reading people having problems booking via the website. I had zero problems so far, but booked via the toll free number. :):):)

Thanks. I'm probably going to go with a TA so I'll have someone to take the edge off of any problems. Hopefully, I'll get both the 5% discount and something from the TA.