Overpriced Celebrity fares make me change cruiseline, regrettably!

Tangocherie

BOTH of you make completely valid points in your posts. The businesses that are successful IN THE LONG RUN... (not just to the next quarterly report) are the ones that accurately identify WHICH people are their customers, and keep those customers satisfied over the long run.

This is my first year in six I will NOT be sailing on Celebrity... I am not only threatening to sail with another line, I am in fact doing it...

In protest against Celebrity's high prices, this year I'm spending 55 nights on Royal Caribbean! ;) :D :rolleyes:

And I am STILL spending LESS THAN $50pp/night. THAT will show them! :p

Did I mention that I'm also getting the shareholder benefit on each and every one of those four cruises???

How do you do 4 cruises in year or year in a half? OMG, I would gain more weight than I wanted. Plus, i wouldn't be able to find four cruises to go on in that short of time, especially since I am so Europe minded. All the flying for me would drive me crazy. i am waiting until I can do a TA over and a TA back, so I can really enjoy Europe by renting a place and using the train with a rental car for a few weeks too. Right now I have a parent to take care of...Good for you! I did enjoy RCCL, but I think Azamara might bee a new opportunity, while keeping the other in mind to due to itinerary.:cool:

Edited by Lastdance

Generally our cruises have been getting cheaper over the last few years, or come with perks for the same price we had paid without.

It all depends when you book, to get the right price,

What is going to turn us away and move to other lines or land based holidays, is going to be the same old, same old itinaries year after year, there is only so many times to go back to the same port.

Unless you live in Florida where the choice of reasonably priced cruises without needing to fly is quite extensive!!!

I was referring to people who live in UK and to sail from UK. Yes, in Florida there are a lot of " last minute" deals.

BOTH of you make completely valid points in your posts. The businesses that are successful IN THE LONG RUN... (not just to the next quarterly report) are the ones that accurately identify WHICH people are their customers, and keep those customers satisfied over the long run.

This is my first year in six I will NOT be sailing on Celebrity... I am not only threatening to sail with another line, I am in fact doing it...

In protest against Celebrity's high prices, this year I'm spending 55 nights on Royal Caribbean! ;) :D :rolleyes:

And I am STILL spending LESS THAN $50pp/night. THAT will show them! :p

Did I mention that I'm also getting the shareholder benefit on each and every one of those four cruises???

It does seem logical that the corporation would expect RC to be the low cost leader. Glad to see you are still getting the great deals. I know you are flexible and have no issue with inside cabins.

The average price per passenger on Celebrity has to be going up which his Celebrity's strategy.

RCCL is still getting their money from you and I doubt if they really care which line.

Bottom line you are still enjoying your cruises and everyone is happy.

Was hoping you would be on one the Relection TAs again, but the pricing has gone up for sure.

Enjoy your cruises.

What I do is monitor prices on several different cruises (often transatlantic) and am ready to pounce once I find what I want at the price I want. A couple weeks ago , I booked a Celebrity 15 night ta for $2500 for 2 in a GTY balcony. Got a slight upgrade to 2C and am on the "good" side of the ship for the westbound ta. Prepd grat's too. I was happy with that, and this is 4 months out. I would never book a ta 1 1/2 yrs ahead ,but then I'm not fussy about cabins.

It does seem that booking a year and a half out is a little long. We tend to book about two to three months out and have always gotten what we felt was a reasonable rate.

We are booked for three more Celebrity cruises. While our last cruise to Iceland was one of the most expensive cruises we ever did, the next ones are either regular priced (Adriatic Coast) or amazingly low priced (Asia for 2017). One starting from Singapore (Vietnam, Malaysia etc.) is the cheapest cruise we ever did with X - we book on board well in advance and we always book AQ.

I read all the stuff about Celebrity becoming too expensive, Celebrity outpricing itself and so on...

Let´s face it, as long as they have no problems filling their ships they are neither too expesive nor outpricing themselves. They are just becoming too expensive for YOU. And the fact is they run a business, they do not care about YOU. Why would they? As long as someone else is willing to pay the asking price, they are fine.

Every individual has to decide which price for a cruise is OK for them.

If you have the feeling X is too expensive, change the cruiseline. Book with someone else... but PLEASE stop all these threads with the threats that you are going to change the line. What do you expect? Waiting for someone to beg you to stay? Not gonna happen.... ;)

Regarding point two, don't recall anyone saying Celebrity is out pricing themselves. We are saying it is out pricing us. Regarding point three, if you don't like these threads, simple, don't read them and waste your valuable time criticizing people who want to discuss these things. Free country and all that. Those of us who have been loyal to Celebrity for years and whose loyalty help grow them into the success they are today feel very frustrated with this situation. Perhaps in our shoes you would feel the same.

Free country and all that.

Guess what - not a one way street!

If you are bothered by my post, here´s some advice:

... if you don't like these threads, simple, don't read them and waste your valuable time criticizing people who want to discuss these things.

Sound familiar?

Perhaps in our shoes you would feel the same.

If you don´t like your shoes by all means change them. What´s keeping you? I am not!

What do you (and others) expect? For a corporation to be grateful to you and change because you would prefer them to do so? As long as they make enough money on people fine with what is a "situation" to you, they will not care!

... don't read them and waste your valuable time criticizing... Those of us who have been loyal to Celebrity for years and whose loyalty help grow them into the success they are today feel very frustrated with this situation.

We sailed on 15 cruises with RCCL/X within not even 5 years. And not the (bargain) standard one week Caribbean cruises. All of our Celebrity cruises were in AQ. We have three more booked to the Med and Asia within the next year. I think we did and do our fair share to support the line.

If at one point we would feel the need for a change (which will eventually happen) we will look for an alternative. We might do it with some regred and memories of times long gone, but we will do it without "wasting our valuable time" to let the world know and wait for someone to be sorry for us ;-)

Edited by Miaminice