Beverage Package question

RoperDK

Haven't seen the answer to this one yet. My husband and I both have the beverage package. Can he go to a bar with both cards and get 2 drinks at one time? We have done that on other cruise lines. He likes to get us both drinks for the balcony while I am getting ready for dinner.

Thanks for your time,

Dawn

Yes, you should have no problem doing this, especially if you go to a bartender that you have ordered drinks from before. It is nice to take drinks to your cabin to enjoy.

Haven't seen the answer to this one yet. My husband and I both have the beverage package. Can he go to a bar with both cards and get 2 drinks at one time? We have done that on other cruise lines. He likes to get us both drinks for the balcony while I am getting ready for dinner.

Thanks for your time,

Dawn

Yes.

Thanks for your time,

Dawn

No problem. I do it all the time.

So glad to hear that Princess allows this.

Dawn

Did the same on board Celebrity. We both get the same drink package and I am the one that goes and gets the drinks, brings them back to the room and enjoy the view from the balcony. :D

I have not sailed on Princess for 15 years. Does Princess offer drink cards or

discounted drink packages on board? How about wine packages? I am Platinum

level, 2 cruise days short of Elite. Does that give me any discounts on the drink packages? Does my wife need a package, if I buy one? Any info would be appreciated! Thanks!

Thanks for your time,

Dawn

No worries.

I have not sailed on Princess for 15 years. Does Princess offer drink cards or

discounted drink packages on board? How about wine packages? I am Platinum

level, 2 cruise days short of Elite. Does that give me any discounts on the drink packages? Does my wife need a package, if I buy one? Any info would be appreciated! Thanks!

Yes they offer drink packages, both alcoholic and non alcoholic.

No discount for platinum or elite on the packages.

You don't need to both buy it, but shouldn't share drinks.

Did the same on board Celebrity. We both get the same drink package and I am the one that goes and gets the drinks, brings them back to the room and enjoy the view from the balcony. :D

They'll only give you one drink at a time so it means you'll be making two trips unless you get 1 drink at a bar & 1 more at another. ;)

They'll only give you one drink at a time so it means you'll be making two trips unless you get 1 drink at a bar & 1 more at another. ;)

Never experienced that.

Two cards, two drinks, no worries.

Still, in order to get two drinks to bring back to the cabin at one time it requires two people to be present at the time when ordering.

Not in my experience, I have often taken both cards and got a drink for me and one for her.

We've never had a problem getting two drinks with two cards, on AIBP. Our last cruise was a bit of a booze cruise where 'everyone' had AIBP and people were coming to the bar with several cards at a time and ordering 'rounds' of drinks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It really sounds as though things have changed quite a bit. :)

Changed from what? We've had the package on every sailing we've taken since they were first introduced in Dec 2013 on Star, and have been able to do the above with no problems. Two cards, two drinks. One card, one drink unless you pay for the second drink. Especially after a day or two as bartenders get to know you and your companions..

Has it been different for you? If so, that's a bummer. Now you know. And as you can see, lots of folks wirh similar experiences here...

Changed from what? We've had the package on every sailing we've taken since they were first introduced in Dec 2013 on Star, and have been able to do the above with no problems. Two cards, two drinks. One card, one drink unless you pay for the second drink. Especially after a day or two as bartenders get to know you and your companions..

Has it been different for you? If so, that's a bummer. Now you know. And as you can see, lots of folks wirh similar experiences here...

When the package was first introduced the bartenders wouldn't give out two drinks to one person at at time. Of course I never brought the second card with me to show proof. As they got to know us it was no problem.

Still, in order to get two drinks to bring back to the cabin at one time it requires two people to be present at the time when ordering.

I've never had an issue with ordering two drinks when I have both my and my wife's card with stickers on them.

When the package was first introduced the bartenders wouldn't give out two drinks to one person at at time. Of course I never brought the second card with me to show proof. As they got to know us it was no problem.

So then, no change at all. We've had the drink package since inception, including the trial weeks on Star, and have never had a problem getting two drinks when bringing two cards with us. Getting two drinks with one card, without paying for the second drink - yes, that can and should be a problem. But OP asked about hubby taking two cards to bar, both having drink sticker and getting two drinks - not a problem, as numerous posters concurred with here..