Do the fun shops sell umbrellas?

Greselda2251

I apologize if this has been asked and answered before, however I cannot seem to find the answer anywhere.....google or Carnival boards. :confused:

Can I buy a small umbrella to use while walking and shopping in the ports of the Mexican Rivera? Either purchased on the ship or in Cabo or Puerta Vallarta?

Thanks for your help..:)

Don't remember seeing any umbrellas for sale on any of our MR cruises, Carnival or Princess. The tourist shops in port might have but I've never noticed any. Closest I've seen has been ponchos on Princess.

Walmart and Target sell light weight travel ones in the $15 range.

Edited by SadieN

This is something you can easily purchase before your trip and not pay the outrageous prices on the ship. I have a mini umbrella from Wal Mart and it was less than $10. Actually, I think it was less than $5!

Having said that, I will gently say that umbrellas and thousands of tourists don't go well together. :( It's sometimes hard to navigate the crowded port streets with an umbrella - wouldn't want to poke anyone's eye out. You might want to consider a light rain jacket, even a rain poncho from the dollar store... just a thought.

Hi there

Somehow I have managed to navigate many very large cities walking among many thousands of people holding an umbrella without poking out anyone's eye. Maybe it's just a skill you need to master.

Anyway, I believe Greselda was looking for a bit of shade from the sun, which is also very common without incident.

have a great cruise

Hi there

................ bit of shade from the sun, .

The original meaning of Umbrella.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Anyway, I believe Greselda was looking for a bit of shade from the sun, which is also very common without incident.

The original meaning of Umbrella...

Yes, of course it's possible but without knowing, I assumed OP meant to prepare for rain.

A lovely sun hat also protects one from the sun. You can buy them with SFP now, very cool. :)

Hi there

Somehow I have managed to navigate many very large cities walking among many thousands of people holding an umbrella without poking out anyone's eye. Maybe it's just a skill you need to master.

have a great cruise

those are fabric parasols, NOT umbrellas. in lieu of those, lightweight straw or fabric hats are just as effective.

Nic6318, I was indeed looking for some respite from the sun while walking along the melacon or along the streets while my DH and I do some shopping.

What I had in mind was a very small umbrella...maybe one that folds and hopefully one that was not black!!:p

Thank you to everyone for your great suggestions!!!

We have many stores in our area that sell small portable, folding umbrellas -- can't get white but we do have light tan colored ones that we pack into what we call our hotel suitcase since we arrive at the embarkation ports usually 3 days before we sail. We got them for a couple of dollars each.

those are fabric parasols, NOT umbrellas. in lieu of those, lightweight straw or fabric hats are just as effective.

Umbrellas work just as well, and people are more likely to be carrying a travel umbrella than a parasol. ;) Actually it's quite common to see people using umbrellas as sunshades in some Asian cities. Some umbrellas now even come with a silvered sun-proof coating on the underside.