Giovanni's table questions

What is the current cost?

Does anyone have a current menu?

Does anyone have the current children's menu?

Is it worth the extra cost, in your opinion?

Thank you!

I will answer your last question with a definite "yes". Giovanni's is one of our favorites and IMO well worth the upcharge. We eat there every time we are on a ship that has that venue.

What is the current cost?

Does anyone have a current menu?

Does anyone have the current children's menu?

Is it worth the extra cost, in your opinion?

Thank you!

It's not the same on every ship. Which ship will you be on?

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/giovannis.pdf

Yes, it is worth it.

I have eaten at Giovanni's about 8 times in last 3 years , service and food were excellent ( and I am very picky about Italian food, coming from a NYC Italian family) , but I did prefer old menu to current, on Liberty dinner was 30 and lunch was 20

We were on the Allure last week and Giovanni's was as good as always. I am pretty sure it was $25 per person. As far as those who are celiac or gluten intolerant the servers are helpful with suggestions. We had two in our group who must eat gluten free and had no problem finding something good to eat.

It's not upscale at all and definitely not worth the extra $.

Royal fans will tell you it is worth it, normal people will tell you it isn't.

The food is MDR standard. You're paying for a bit more of a restaurant experience and to avoid crowds.

The crab was from a tin, the mash is powdered, there is virtually zero dessert choice (mushy tiramisu and not much else), the fries are terrible.

Edited by Penciltwister

It's not upscale at all and definitely not worth the extra $.

The food is MDR standard. You're paying for a bit more of a restaurant experience and to avoid crowds.

The crab was from a tin, the mash is powdered, there is virtually zero dessert choice (mushy tiramisu and not much else), the fries are terrible.

Thank you so much for defining and clarifying the perspective of a "normal" person. :rolleyes:

Edited by leaveitallbehind

I've always enjoyed it. I prefer lunch, especially on the huge ships, because a) it lets you get away from the crowd and b) it's traditionally been the only menu that includes lasagna.

New menu no longer has Lasagna at lunch ( which is one of the reasons I preferred old menu), but we always do at least one lunch there

Are you freaking kidding me???? I like Royal, flaws notwithstanding, and I'm pretty normal. What a ridiculous statement. :rolleyes:

It had been a good 5 years since we ate at a Giovanni's but on our last cruise, we did it. The filet was awesome - the maitre'd said theirs was better than Chops and I tend to agree. Pasta bolognese was fresh and flavorful. Chops is way overpriced now but for us, Giovanni's was a great dinner, very reasonable. It's only "worth it" based on your financial choices. Go hungry!