Restaurant suggestions close to FLL cruise port

Hello! We are sailing on Allure in September and we are staying at the Crowne Plaza Hotel close to the port.

I am looking for somewhere to grab food the night before we depart. I'm looking for something semi-close to the port.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Slackers bar and grill off of state route 84 is great.. it's essentially on the same street as the crown but probably 1.5 miles down the road or so going away from the port

Good food ( reasonably priced)

amazing bloody mary

also the kitchen is open very late (like 1 am on weekends)

so if you dont get into town or get motivated until later you are good

Edited by TheTruthCanHurt

Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza is less than a 5 minute walk from the Hotel. It's a pizza place/sports bar with lots of craft beers. We have eaten there a bunch of times.

Only downside is it can get a little loud if a game is on the TV.

Lou

Edited by loudbmw

Tropical Acres Steakhouse 2500 Griffin is wonderful. White tablecloths.

Rustic Inn Crab House on the intercoastal . Great variations on blue crab and other seafood. Good southern crab eating. They will give you a bib and you eat off butcher paper or news papers... wonderful place... these are my two favorites when I used to travel to this area for business.

Edited by troykahack

Kellys Landing, Southport Raw Bar or Duffys Sports bar are three of our favorites. All are casual. For Burgers....GILBERTS. :)

Yes to all of the above!

Bimini's, but haven't been since it changed hands/owners - so not sure how it is now.

Yes to all of the above!

Bimini's, but haven't been since it changed hands/owners - so not sure how it is now.

Oh my gosh..that is another great one on the water. Did not know it changed hands....but it was very good the last time we were there.

Oh...and you can sit outside and watch the Yachts sail by at Southport :)

And catch the Water taxi

Oh my gosh..that is another great one on the water. Did not know it changed hands....but it was very good the last time we were there.

Never a fan of the boatyard. Seems to tourist oriented for me. Southport more of a local place IMHO

I like 15h Street Fisheries personally. Ft. Lauderdale is loaded with great restaurants. IMO it would be a waste to go there and go to Duffys (local chain similar to Fridays/Applebees) or the Outback.

I like 15h Street Fisheries personally. Ft. Lauderdale is loaded with great restaurants. IMO it would be a waste to go there and go to Duffys (local chain similar to Fridays/Applebees) or the Outback.

Not everyone likes fish, and many have shellfish allergies. Are you this condescending face to face?

Not everyone likes fish, and many have shellfish allergies. Are you this condescending face to face?

OP asked for suggestions. I listed something that is a one off and famous locally for high quality food. And I was not the only one to do so. Others had great local suggestions too.

I didn't attack others "Not everyone like coal fired pizza, not every one likes giant ice cream sundaes".

"In My Opinion" it would be a wasted opportunity to get the same frozen mozz sticks they can get at a chain in their hometown when Fort Lauderdale is a foodie heaven. But if that's what lights your fire, have at it.

I was not rude to you. You are out of line.

Edited by LMaxwell

Great place we had dinner at in January called Coconuts. Its at 429 Seabreeze Blvd Fort Lauderdale. The menu changes throughout the night based on the catch of the day. Most amazing seafood dinners we have ever had.

JoeRum

OP asked for suggestions. I listed something that is a one off and famous locally for high quality food. And I was not the only one to do so. Others had great local suggestions too.

I didn't attack others "Not everyone like coal fired pizza, not every one likes giant ice cream sundaes".

"In My Opinion" it would be a wasted opportunity to get the same frozen mozz sticks they can get at a chain in their hometown when Fort Lauderdale is a foodie heaven. But if that's what lights your fire, have at it.

I was not rude to you. You are out of line.

I'm not out of line and no one but you dissed recommendations. Have you even tried the mozz sticks at Duffy's? They are not frozen, they are made fresh.

Good gravy, you fight with everyone and you always have to have the last word, your poor husband!

###

Alright y'all I'm just looking for suggestions, not interested in starting arguments.

I'm from Louisville and we are known for our local food. So I am definitely looking for local fare in ft. Lauderdale.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I'm not out of line and no one but you dissed recommendations. Have you even tried the mozz sticks at Duffy's? They are not frozen, they are made fresh.

Good gravy, you fight with everyone and you always have to have the last word, your poor husband!

###

I have not made this a personal attack but you have chosen to do so.