NCL email notifications

Até

If you have a cruise booked, did NCL email you about the carry-on beverage changes?  

195 members have voted

1. 1. If you have a cruise booked, did NCL email you about the carry-on beverage changes?

• Yes, I was before final payment date.
    • Yes, I was after final payment date.
    • No, I am before final payment date.
    • No, I am after final payment date.

I can't imagine what sort of trend you think you're going to see. Emails are generated based on the preferences you have set in your MyNCL account, so those who receive them will be those who have their accounts set to receive such emails.

Personally, I received the email twice. Once for my Dawn cruise which was well past final payment, and once for my Gem cruise which is still nowhere near final payment.

Why are people always looking for some ridiculous conspiracy, is just beyond me. SMH

Maybe should have asked if folks reserved through a TA or direct with NCL.

2 cruises booked through TA....one in penalty phase and one not....and I know her well enough to know that she would have forwarded it to me by now if she had it.

2 cruises booked through TA....one in penalty phase and one not....and I know her well enough to know that she would have forwarded it to me by now if she had it.
I would think that if a TA reads or watches the news or reads Cruise Critic and saw the new policy, it would be good customer service to notify their customers. Edited by NLH Arizona

...... Emails are generated based on the preferences you have set in your MyNCL account, so those who receive them will be those who have their accounts set to receive such emails.......

In Preferences I only see cruise preferences (where, when, how long, etc) and my preferred booking method. I cannot find mention of how I prefer to receive notifications :o ....can you please explain where exactly is this option?

Thanks

We had one cruise that was before final payment until July 9th (now past final payment) and two that are way before final payment.......haven't received anything other than the message that was sent to all TA's on July 1, 2016 that an email was going to be sent to all that are booked about the policy change. Still waiting for our emails........

I would think that if a TA reads or watches the news or reads Cruise Critic and saw the new policy, it would be good customer service to notify their customers.

She knows I read CC.......my point is that I don't believe any email was sent to her on my behalf as I'm sure she would have forwarded it to me right away, if that is how NCL works.

Or does NCL just make these announcements to TA's as general info and leave it up to the TA to go through their bookings, in which case it would likely take longer to get to me?

We had one cruise that was before final payment until July 9th (now past final payment) and two that are way before final payment.......haven't received anything other than the message that was sent to all TA's on July 1, 2016 that an email was going to be sent to all that are booked about the policy change. Still waiting for our emails........

This answers my question, thanks :)

She knows I read CC.......my point is that I don't believe any email was sent to her on my behalf as I'm sure she would have forwarded it to me right away, if that is how NCL works.

Or does NCL just make these announcements to TA's as general info and leave it up to the TA to go through their bookings, in which case it would likely take longer to get to me?

According to peg013, message that was sent to all TA's on July 1, 2016 that an email was going to be sent to all that are booked about the policy change. I guess if I were a TA, the first thing I would have done was send a message to all my customers to expect an email and if they don't get it, at least I've notified them of the change....it would just be good customer service. Edited by NLH Arizona

We booked through a TA and signed up with MyNCL. The notification about the policy change came from NCL and not the TA. Actually we both received the original policy change and also a follow up email a few weeks later. I honestly don't know why we got "lucky".

According to peg013, message that was sent to all TA's on July 1, 2016 that an email was going to be sent to all that are booked about the policy change. I guess if I were a TA, the first thing I would have done was send a message to all my customers to expect an email and if they don't get it, at least I've notified them of the change....it would just be good customer service.

I was notified by my online TA but have not received anything from NCL. I am still before final payment.

I'm just over a month out for my final payment and I haven't received any notification. I always book with a TA. However, I was notified directly from NCL when the smoking policies changed, both times DSC was raised and when they made the decision to end the contract with Nickelodeon.

At this point, the poll results show that only 4% of the respondents reported hearing from NCL (that is, not through CC) *before* their deadline.

Similarly, 51% heard after penalty or were in the penalty phase and had not heard yet.

Coincidence :confused:

I think not :mad:

We booked directly with NCL (so no TA to worry about not relaying the message). We are currently 88 Days out, booked in a suite (so past cancellation without any penalty).

We have not received any email, message, phone call etc. about this policy change. We have 6 "messages" in our NCL account all sales pitches but not one in regards to any policy change.

For point of reference, we did receive emails about the last 2 DSC increases so it has nothing to do with MyNCL settings in our case.

Full disclosure, we never brought soda or water on board nor do we buy bottled water on board; so the policy did not have any change on our cruise experience. We fully agree that the implementation was poorly handled as well as the cost of water should have been adjusted especially if they will be using the line about making their policy similar to other lines.