ms Amsterdam & ms Noordam together in Juneau, AK - July 21, 2016

Copper10-8

Thursday, July 21, 2016, a rare occasion to see both the co-flagship, ms Amsterdam, as well as ms Noordam, HAL fourth and final Vista class vessel, in Juneau, AK. Both are coming in nice and early with AMDM at 0700 hrs (departure at 1500 hrs local) going to her usual slot at the Alaska Steamship (AS) dock, and NODM at 0800 hrs. (08:00 am) local, berthing at the Cruise Terminal (CT) dock, and scheduled to depart at 1800 hrs. (6:00 pm). Amsterdam was supposed to have been here last Tuesday however, was assigned the anchorage that day and subsequently was going to have to tender, due to Oceania Cruises' Regatta being assigned the AS dock, so chose to go to Sitka instead.

The action can be seen at:

http://juneauharborwebcam.com/

There are two other ships in port, two of which will be arriving prior to NODM, which are Norwegian Sun coming in first at 0700 hrs. (along with AMDM) and going to the Alaska Juneau (AJ) dock (departure 1315), and Celebrity Infinity which is scheduled to arrive at 0730 (departure 2000) assigned to the Franklin Street (FKL) dock.

Edited by Copper10-8

Yes Roy it does look like Noordam is going to be an early arrival.

Thanks John for the reminder.

Now in sight.

Roy

Oops I think I spoke too soon. I must have mistaken a stack of containers for a ship.

Edited by rafinmd

Now in sight.

Roy

Oops I think I spoke too soon. I must have mistaken a stack of containers for a ship.

How did you see it back then - I've only been able to see it for the last two minutes.

And a ZOOM!!

Edited by Happily@Sea

The Amsterdam changing days must have made for some mad scrambling to reorganize excursions!:eek:

It wasn't a last minute thing (cruisetimetables.com had the right itinerary) so there should have been some planning. I'd love to know when the decision was actually made.

When I was on the Amsterdam (final segment of 2014 WC) we made an abrupt decision to cancel West Africa and added a couple of Cape Verde Island stops due to ebola. It was a scramble but new shore tours were ready for us.

Roy

Edited by rafinmd