Navigator of Seas April 23rd 2017 canceled?

Did you book in Germany ?

Does not the EU have very strict rules about compensation regarding cancelled travel plans ?

Yes they do! You get a LOT of compensation - 200% of the fare and additionally a full refund AND any airfare changes or the like....and if the new cruise is more expensive you get that too.....

The 200% are just compensation for you inconvinience - so younget morenthan a free vacation out of it...

BUT I booked in the US ......it never crosses my mind that they do not have to compensate you anything under US rules....

Hope it all works out for us!

jrs1962 and germanfflyer, we'll have to stay positive and keep each other abreast of any new developments in our ongoing "saga". :rolleyes:

Judi, can you switch to the 9 day cruise immediately prior to the 4/23 cruise? JRS1962, Germanfflyer and I are on that cruise. We've also got a rollicking good Roll Call going strong, too. Should be a blast if you could do it. The more the merrier!

Just received this email from RCI in response to my question about the "rumored" Zumba cruise:

"We have reached out to your Resolutions Team on your behalf and have verified that this sailing has in fact been chartered and is no longer available for booking. They have advised that the booking will need to be cancelled. Kindly contact our Reservations Department directly at 800-327-6700 to cancel the reservation. We apologize for any disappointment this response may bring and appreciate your understanding."

Just received this email from RCI in response to my question about the "rumored" Zumba cruise:

"We have reached out to your Resolutions Team on your behalf and have verified that this sailing has in fact been chartered and is no longer available for booking. They have advised that the booking will need to be cancelled. Kindly contact our Reservations Department directly at 800-327-6700 to cancel the reservation. We apologize for any disappointment this response may bring and appreciate your understanding."

Well, that's not very helpful!!

I reached out again to my travel agent and this is the info she sent me -

HI Jonny,

We just have to be a little patientJ I spoke with Crown and Anchor and they have informed me that they are still working on the details. Usually they will offer an onboard credit and protect your rate on another ship. Looks like it should not be too much longer.

Sorry, I wish I had more to tell you. But the minute I hear from them, I will contact you.

If you do want to secure some space on another ship, that should not be a problem when we make the changes. You would just have to put a separate deposit down and the other deposit can be moved as well, when that time comes.

Judi, can you switch to the 9 day cruise immediately prior to the 4/23 cruise? JRS1962, Germanfflyer and I are on that cruise. We've also got a rollicking good Roll Call going strong, too. Should be a blast if you could do it. The more the merrier!

Hmmm...what's the itinerary? It might be doable.

Well, at least SOMEBODY has gotten a communication from RCI. I'm still waiting. Or maybe I should call once again...

Worst advice ever if you cancel the would not give you anything!

If they protect us on another ship for the same price at the same date - I think I would be VERY happy!👍👍👍

But for some reason I do not believe RCI is going to do this.... I am fearing they will offer another date such as the April 9th cruise 😣

Labadee, Curacao, Aruba and Bonaire

On a side note the cruise in question is now showing up on my "my cruises" page again?????

Yes it is back! Maybe so we can all cancel and they do not need to worry:D

Could you all please call them? The more trouble we make the more they will want to solve this....

I just realized I haven't added myself (Adam) to that role call! (April 14th) It will be myself and my Fiancé.... Well by then, wife, (Traci) on the April 14 sailing. We are actually getting married on the April 9th NOS sailing woot!!!

As far as the OP expecting anything as far as compensation from RCCL, it will never happen. I was on the Empress merry go round and cancelled just weeks before the cruise and offered the 4 night vs 5 etc etc. Ended up switching to oasis 7 night and paid the prevailing rate 2 weeks out. Went from 9 nights B2B to 7 on oasis for much more $$$. Travel dates weren't flexible that close to the sailing. We got 100 OBC. That's it. So don't get your hopes up for anything good.

Does the OBC have to be used only on a future cruise not yet booked or can we use it on a current cruise that is already booked? We will already be on Navigator the week before and it would be nice to use it then (not that I won't be booking other cruises in the future).

We're going to sit tight and see what happens. I just received a "confirmation" from the help desk that my cruise reservation is still intact but again, I don't think they know what is going on.

We're probably just going to rent a car and enjoy the Palm Coast area. Our flights are booked out of PBI, otherwise I would consider switching to Disney post-cruise for a week like we had originally planned.

We were booked on a cruise that was cancelled due to a redeployment. Heard about it on my roll call first and immediately put a deposit down on an alternative cruise. After a couple WEEKS still had not heard from Royal so had my TA contact them. The ta was able to confirm the cancellation with Royal and apply the compensation obc to the new cruise. No hassle for me. Might not always work out that way, though!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not sure if they treat a mechanical or redeployment different then as charter......:confused:

My TA said they usually will give you a price-protected option + OBC -s I am still hoping!

If they only give us $100 OBC I will need to cancel everything as the alternatives are way too much $$$:mad:

Labadee, Curacao, Aruba and Bonaire

On a side note the cruise in question is now showing up on my "my cruises" page again?????

Interesting. It is back on mine as well.

Hmmm...what's the itinerary? It might be doable.

4/14 Miami

4/15 At Sea

4/16 Labadee

4/17 At Sea

4/18 Curacao

4/19 Aruba

4/20 Bonaire

4/21 At Sea

4/22 At Sea

4/23 Miami

I just realized I haven't added myself (Adam) to that role call! (April 14th) It will be myself and my Fiancé.... Well by then, wife, (Traci) on the April 14 sailing. We are actually getting married on the April 9th NOS sailing woot!!!

As far as the OP expecting anything as far as compensation from RCCL, it will never happen. I was on the Empress merry go round and cancelled just weeks before the cruise and offered the 4 night vs 5 etc etc. Ended up switching to oasis 7 night and paid the prevailing rate 2 weeks out. Went from 9 nights B2B to 7 on oasis for much more $$$. Travel dates weren't flexible that close to the sailing. We got 100 OBC. That's it. So don't get your hopes up for anything good.

Adam, you need to get over to our Roll Call and sign up! Gonna take you awhile to get caught up on that thread. We've been VERY active for over a year now. Great bunch of folks sailing.

Congrats on the upcoming nuptials!

Adam, you need to get over to our Roll Call and sign up! Gonna take you awhile to get caught up on that thread. We've been VERY active for over a year now. Great bunch of folks sailing.

Congrats on the upcoming nuptials!

That's awesome! I will do that. My roll call for Oasis this sept is kind of a dud, so that will be a relief haha.

And thank you!

Interesting. It is back on mine as well.

...and my reservation has returned as well. Crown & Anchor will be getting a call from me today. I haven't gotten my official e-mail notification from RCI acknowledging the cancellation yet, although it appears others on our sailing have.

Teeara, I did a "fake" booking on your sailing...and while I realize it's a 9-nighter, it was a bit steep for my wallet. RCI would have to give me a whole lotta help to book this as a replacement for the cancelled one, LOL! Doubtful they will do that!

Who has gotten a cancellation-notice?:confused:

Not me LOL!! I've talked with my travel agent a couple time and was advised to wait. I've been debating on making a deposit on the April 9th, but just not sure I should do that.

...and my reservation has returned as well. Crown & Anchor will be getting a call from me today. I haven't gotten my official e-mail notification from RCI acknowledging the cancellation yet, although it appears others on our sailing have.

Teeara, I did a "fake" booking on your sailing...and while I realize it's a 9-nighter, it was a bit steep for my wallet. RCI would have to give me a whole lotta help to book this as a replacement for the cancelled one, LOL! Doubtful they will do that!

It was super affordable (per day rate) when it was first listed as an available sailing, but then the price went pretty high. If they offer you a "same price per day" type of deal it might make the 9 night affordable again? Who knows what they'll decide to do for us:confused:

It was super affordable (per day rate) when it was first listed as an available sailing, but then the price went pretty high. If they offer you a "same price per day" type of deal it might make the 9 night affordable again? Who knows what they'll decide to do for us:confused:

Hope you're right. I'm not ruling it out completely, but it depends on a lot of factors.

Will 100% be prevailing rate on any other cruise except for whatever 2 or so cruises they price protect if they do at all.

They usually price protect you on 2 or 3 other sailings of their choosing. If you pick a different one you would be the prevailing rate on that cruise

They usually price protect you on 2 or 3 other sailings of their choosing. If you pick a different one you would be the prevailing rate on that cruise

With my luck, they'll select a couple of itineraries that I absolutely am NOT interested in...:( Since however they aren't really obligated to do anything for us, I won't complain.