Navigator of Seas April 23rd 2017 canceled?

Just curious, I see they're offering four in a PR, I thought PR cabins were two people max :confused::confused:

https://www.zumba-cruise.com/pricing/

You're right. Looks as though RCI is trying to stuff as many on this sailing as they can for as MUCH as they can charge.

I can NOW see why it was more advantageous for RCI to cancel our sailings in favor of the chartered Zumba group. Look at the price chart! There's no way I'd have paid for a 5-day sailing at that pricing. Just trying to determine now whether I should wait to hear officially from RCCL and see whether they'll offer a "deal", or just forget about it and re-book another sailing right now?

:confused:

You're right. Looks as though RCI is trying to stuff as many on this sailing as they can for as MUCH as they can charge.

I can NOW see why it was more advantageous for RCI to cancel our sailings in favor of the chartered Zumba group. Look at the price chart! There's no way I'd have paid for a 5-day sailing at that pricing. Just trying to determine now whether I should wait to hear officially from RCCL and see whether they'll offer a "deal", or just forget about it and re-book another sailing right now?

I was wondering the same thing and asked some friends that cruise frequently. They highly suggested that I wait until Royal Caribbean contact contacts us. At the very least we should get some shipboard credit on whatever replacement Cruise they offer and or we pick.

Thank you everybody for the help! Awesome!:cool:

I still wonder from a legal standpoint RCI is breaching a signed contract......how much can Ibask for?

What are then rules they have to play by?

I wouldn't get too excited if I were you because you have no legal recourse. It's all in the fine print. All the cruise lines have the right to do as they please in regard to chartering their cruises. You'll get a choice of alternate sailings (their choice, not yours) and modest OBC. You may want to take a look at this article: http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=340

I was wondering the same thing and asked some friends that cruise frequently. They highly suggested that I wait until Royal Caribbean contact contacts us. At the very least we should get some shipboard credit on whatever replacement Cruise they offer and or we pick.

My experience --

I've noticed that the cruise was suddenly "sold out", when a day before there were plenty of cabins available (was hunting for a better cabin...).

Asked here. Bob said "wait until RC contacts u".

Emailed my TA - she said - to be on the safe side, I'll hold for u the only other alternative u gave me - the cruise on the following week.

Pax on our roll call (higher tier than me) phoned C&A. Got the usual BS about "inventory management", "reevaluating the itinerary", etc. ...

After 3 weeks of "sold out", my TA advised me that she cannot "hold" a cabin for me anymore, so I've put down a deposit for the 2nd cruise.

Only after 6 weeks RC deigned to announce us that the cruise was chartered, and offered only 2 "price protected" alternatives, both of them not good for me - one, on Passover Eve, the other on Easter Eve.

RC also offered a 200$ OBC for another cruise booked instead. I took the 200$.

No flights changing fee was offered. I had already purchased our tickets from Tel Aviv to NY, but not the NY to San Juan flights. Luckily for us, the tickets are "employee", we could change the date, but could not change it for the holidays period ("black out" dates for airline employees).

They highly suggested that I wait until Royal Caribbean contact contacts us.

While waiting, research substitutes. There may be quite a few people that were booked and RCI needs to accommodate all of them.When they offer something, be ready with a decision - otherwise they'll move on to someone else.

While waiting, research substitutes. There may be quite a few people that were booked and RCI needs to accommodate all of them.When they offer something, be ready with a decision - otherwise they'll move on to someone else.

Biker, your point is well taken. I just talked AGAIN with a Crown & Anchor rep, who spoke with his supervisor. He stated that the reps don't have "official" notification of our cruise being chartered for that week; but it has been blocked off for further bookings on their system. I know for a fact that Zumba has chartered Navigator for that sailing, and their website bears it out. Cabins are being offered through their site for an exhorbitant rate.

The rep stated that I should wait a few days, and not cancel until I hear directly from RCI. They will make some type of offer. I have my eye on a couple of sailings that I'm interested in, and I will be ready for them when they contact me.

Actually, the price chart was created by Zumba and is shown with 2,3,4 people per stateroom to "sell" the cruise to instructors that are cost conscious. The first staterooms to sell out are the ones that will take 4 people.

It is unknown how much Zumba Headquarters has contracted to pay RCI for this sailing. The prices shown are prices that Zumba created. They include conference fees. They offer us a 10% discount so we know the fees are hefty but many will be able to deduct this as a business expense at tax time since there will be numerous educational/training sessions on board the ship.

Edited by JMG

That pricing is done by the Zumba group. As a charter they will be paying RCCL a specific rate for the ship, whether they sell out or not. They'll sign a contract giving RCCL $xxx dollars with written items included (or not). The Zumba group than is the one charging what they can and stuffing people where they can to cover that cost and then make a profit. (Still have to fit the lifeboat limit of course).

This whole thread just confirms how utterly sh** Royal Caribbean are at handling changes

We booked a fantastic bucket-list cruise on Legend whilst onboard Ovation in May. Within 2 weeks of us leaving the ship that cruise was shown as sold out. I emailed and telephoned RC to get the usual b.s. and finally 4 weeks later they admitted they had sold the ship to Tui - as if, when I booked it only 4 weeks earlier, they weren't in advanced negotiations to sell the ship

I rebooked on another cruise, to take advantage of the compensation OBC, and now that is showing sold out - for almost 3 weeks now. That's clearly not going to happen either.

I am just about finished with RC -I'm D+ and like the benefits and have a few more cruises booked with them but not feeling the love for them any more :mad:

It would be really ridiculous to not rebook us ASAP - as the cruise is clearly advertised by ZUMBA - so *** are they waiting for!:mad:

The sooner they start talking to us about alternatives - the better for everybody!

They are probably waiting for the check to clear from the Zumba people.

This is really bad - they are double selling this cruise openly and obviously - would contacting the BBB or some other customer protection group help?!

Should I get the press and news-stations involved?:D

I really think they need to admit they are going to cancel ASAP so we all can move on!

Please everybody affected call RCI so they get moving!

Edited by germanfflyer

This is really bad - they are double selling this cruise openly and obviously - would contacting the BBB or some other customer protection group help?!

I really think they need to admit they are going to cancel ASAP so we all can move on!

They're not double selling the cruise. RCI is not allowing deposits to be put down on any cabins.

Unfortunately, the people in the call centre can only see whats on their screens. The people 'higher up' who will be sorting out the compo and chartering are who you need to speak to but I doubt they'll put you through to them.

Hope it all works out for you

Well they have already chartered the Ship to ZUMBA - so they know my cruise is not going to happen and I can see it because ZUMBA is already selling their charter openly - So aren't they obligated at this point to admit they are cancelling - very bad business practice!

Actually, the price chart was created by Zumba and is shown with 2,3,4 people per stateroom to "sell" the cruise to instructors that are cost conscious. The first staterooms to sell out are the ones that will take 4 people.

It is unknown how much Zumba Headquarters has contracted to pay RCI for this sailing. The prices shown are prices that Zumba created. They include conference fees. They offer us a 10% discount so we know the fees are hefty but many will be able to deduct this as a business expense at tax time since there will be numerous educational/training sessions on board the ship.

Well, that's good to know that the price hike is probably due to Zumba'sI fees. However, none of that excuses RCI's need to communicate the change to their patrons who have already reserved cabins on the sailing. I get that according to the contract, they have a right to make any changes at any time for any reason. Just be reasonable and fair.

They are probably waiting for the check to clear from the Zumba people.

It would be funny if it didn't clear. :D Not for the passengers that are getting bumped, but for RC to get a little taste of their own medicine. I am sure it wouldn't even faze them.

I hope for everyone that it works out to your advantage.

Edited by ReneeFLL

Yes really hope they offer something fair and substantial and also get going soon....

Based on what I have read when this happens in the past I wouldn't expect anything big.

As stated by others they may offer some small amount of obc, a small amount for airline change fees that probably won't cover what it actually costs the guest. And allow you to switch with price protection to a limited number of other cruises and dates.

I would not expect significant money nor an upgrade to a better room or longer itinerary on another ship. In fact I believe when some of the Empress cancellations happened the offer was to go from a 5 night that was canceled to a 4 night. Unfortunately it isn't always a fair deal.

I recently had 3 reservations on Rhapsody cancelled next year since the ship is now taking over the Legend's runs.

My compensation was $200 OBC for each reservation. There was something about change fees for airfare, but I was driving to the port so was not affected by that. Deposits were changed to the new reservations. If the new reservations did not work, could keep changing to keep the $200 OBC.

I did not receive any 'price protection' or the sort. Had to book at the current rates. Also had less than a week to make the decision. Received emails and phone call regarding the cancellations.

Hope that helps and good luck!

ETA this happened in the beginning of June.

Edited by Laney219

It would be funny if it didn't clear. :D Not for the passengers that are getting bumped, but for RC to get a little taste of their own medicine. I am sure it wouldn't even faze them.

I hope for everyone that it works out to your advantage.

Don't count on it. At the time of contract signing, RCI requires either full payment or an irrevocable stand-by letter of credit from your bank.

Thank you everybody - I think I am not asking really much but will see if they are even willing to do that.

What is really a concern is timing the longer I have to wait for them to admit they are cancelling the more expensive things are going to get....

And I feel I need to wait for them to admit the cancellation - as else I will not have the chance to get anything from RCI...so it is kind of a tough decision.

What is really a concern is timing the longer I have to wait for them to admit they are cancelling the more expensive things are going to get.....

Prices for next April are unlikely to move much in the next couple of weeks while this is sorted.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Is it definitely a _fully_ chartered cruise. I was on Independence many years ago, when at least 3/4 of the boat was a Precious Moments (PM) cruise. We didn't even know until we got there. (They sort of catered to the PM people which sucked for the rest of us. Like having PM things directly before shows, so they already had their seats before the non-PM people showed up at the normal time you get there before a show.) We did feel a little like second class citizens.

I don't know how you tell if a cruise is specifically chartered versus a "group" that makes up 3/4 of the passengers, but I figured it was worth mentioning that they do this just in case.

Sent from my iPad using Forums