Navigator of Seas April 23rd 2017 canceled?

Prices for next April are unlikely to move much in the next couple of weeks while this is sorted.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You might be right on cruises - but I also might have re-buy flights the change every day and most of the time go up as we get closer by the day....and also I have to adjust my vacation-time application and so does my wife.

So any day this is not decided is potentiality costing me money!:(

Does anybody have an idea as how to get RCI to admit there is a problem with this cruise?:mad:

It is obvious the ship is re-charted and you really can't mix regular passengers with the ZUMBA-fans that want to take over the ship!

They really can't mix regular people with this group!

Look at the video:

Should I try to get the BBB and the media involved - as RCI is obviously not been open and fair to the passengers already booked on this cruise!

Edited by germanfflyer

It is obvious the ship is re-charted and you really can't mix regular passengers with the ZUMBA-fans that want to take over the ship! They really can't mix regular people with this group!

They have to be better than the Precious Moments people. :) It definitely felt like they took over the ship. There were literally fights in the public areas over figurine prices, etc. I'm not kidding. My sister couldn't even look at those figurines for years after the cruise.

Either way, it's a crappy thing for RCCL to do (cancelling or having a group that makes up more than 50% of the passengers). I really hope that they make it right for you :(

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You might be right on cruises - but I also might have re-buy flights the change every day and most of the time go up as we get closer by the day....and also I have to adjust my vacation-time application and so does my wife.

Does anybody have an idea as how to get RCI to admit there is a problem with this cruise?:mad:

It is obvious the ship is re-charted and you really can't mix regular passengers with the ZUMBA-fans that want to take over the ship!

Look at the video:

Should I try to get the BBB and the media involved - as RCI is obviously not been open and fair to the passengers already booked on this cruise!

Have you called rci and asked why the cruise is no longer on your my cruises page?

Look at the video:

The BBB really serves no purpose and doesn't do anything but contact the business to notify of a complaint. If that business doesn't respond they give them a low rating.

And the media can't do anything either because technically the cruise line isn't doing anything wrong. It is not uncommon for people to be posting here that a charter has occurred and they hadn't been notified yet. I think your only option is just to wait for them to send out official notification.

And the media can't do anything either because technically the cruise line isn't doing anything wrong. It is not uncommon for people to be posting here that a charter has occurred and they hadn't been notified yet.

So lying and withholding information to the disadvantage of the already booked passengers is not wrong?:confused::(

Edited by germanfflyer

Many many Many times - and I got 1001 excuses why this cruise is not showing up or why I am not informed about a cancellation!:rolleyes:

Other than some about 3 levels above the people you are talking to, no one can help you - they are just reading from the prompter. Ensure you keep updating the roll call thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

So lying and withholding information to the disadvantage of the already booked passengers is not wrong?:confused::(

I think it is wrong. The customer service reps only know that the cruise can no longer be booked, and I wish they would not make up reasons why it cannot be booked.

Are they lying or they simply don't have the information. Just because Royal has made a decision doesn't mean that info has been given to the customer service people yet.

I get that you want to know so that you can rearrange your plans but all you can do is wait for the official announcement.

From my experience, you will need to be patient, but ready with alternatives when the offer does come.

In May 2012, we booked a November 2013 5 night sailing on Brilliance. On June 18, Royal's website starting showing the sailing NA. On July 13, we received the notice from Royal that the ship had been chartered and we were offered $100 obc if we rebooked another ship/sailing by July 24.

Sorry to take this a little off-topic but does anyone have experience with OBC given because a sailing is cancelled and then the ship you booked as an alternative is also cancelled.

We rebooked a cruise when our Legend cruise was cancelled due to the Tui sale and received compensation OBC. The replacement cruise has now been showing sold out for several weeks and I have a feeling it's going to be a charter. Asssuming they offer us OBC to change (again) would we still retain the OBC we were given due to the Legend cancellation - i.e. 2 lots of compensation OBC applied to a cruise.

Sorry to take this a little off-topic but does anyone have experience with OBC given because a sailing is cancelled and then the ship you booked as an alternative is also cancelled.

We rebooked a cruise when our Legend cruise was cancelled due to the Tui sale and received compensation OBC. The replacement cruise has now been showing sold out for several weeks and I have a feeling it's going to be a charter. Asssuming they offer us OBC to change (again) would we still retain the OBC we were given due to the Legend cancellation - i.e. 2 lots of compensation OBC applied to a cruise.

Yes you would get additional compensation. That happened to us and we now have a reservation that has 2 different OBC's one from each sailing that got cancelled/chartered.

Yes you would get additional compensation. That happened to us and we now have a reservation that has 2 different OBC's one from each sailing that got cancelled/chartered.

Thanks for the quick response. I know that there were some people earlier in the year who got bumped twice from cruises so was hoping someone could help :)

Here's my update as of Saturday 4/23.

Once again, I called RCI's Crown & Anchor desk to inquire about the status of my sailing. The rep was quite understanding, but clearly only had so much access to info on his screen. He placed me on hold and spoke with his supervisor; the supervisor informed him that RCI has placed an "alert" on my sailing. The alert symbolizes that no additional sailings are being booked on that ship for that period. Crown & Anchor has not yet been "officially" informed that the ship has been chartered by Zumba.

I was instructed to wait for them to send me a direct notice of cancellation (or it could come in the form of a phone call). At that point they make alternate cruise offerings with possibly OBC, or give a refund. I'm gonna wait for just a little bit to see what the situation is. I don't want to make a move to cancel on my own, and miss out on an opportunity to get something worked out with RCI. But that's just me...

If you look up Zu,ha Cruise 2016 it directs you to www.marketwired.com. They are advertising for that cruise on NOS 4/23/2016. How much more convincing does RCL need to help you out? :confused:

You would think, right? Zumba's website is promoting their charter for that date like crazy, so there's no doubt what's going on. RCI is no doubt trying to decide what to do about folks like ME. I'll give them a couple more days, and then I'm gonna call them AGAIN. They're wasting time; any alternate cruise that I may want to book is filling up as I type this!

You would think, right? Zumba's website is promoting their charter for that date like crazy, so there's no doubt what's going on. RCI is no doubt try7ing to decide what to do about folks like ME. I'll give them a couple more days, and then I'm gonna call them AGAIN. They're wasting time; any alternate cruise that I may want to book is filling up as I type this!

Exactly! And when they come around they will offer $100 OBC but all alternatives will be sold out or VERY expensive!:mad:

Exactly! And when they come around they will offer $100 OBC but all alternatives will be sold out or VERY expensive!:mad:

We are concerned about cabin availability on our preferred replacement as well. I've emailed my travel agent to see what she thinks we should do.

Does the OBC have to be used only on a future cruise not yet booked or can we use it on a current cruise that is already booked? We will already be on Navigator the week before and it would be nice to use it then (not that I won't be booking other cruises in the future).

We're going to sit tight and see what happens. I just received a "confirmation" from the help desk that my cruise reservation is still intact but again, I don't think they know what is going on.

We're probably just going to rent a car and enjoy the Palm Coast area. Our flights are booked out of PBI, otherwise I would consider switching to Disney post-cruise for a week like we had originally planned.

Does the OBC have to be used only on a future cruise not yet booked or can we use it on a current cruise that is already booked? We will already be on Navigator the week before and it would be nice to use it then (not that I won't be booking other cruises in the future).

We're going to sit tight and see what happens. I just received a "confirmation" from the help desk that my cruise reservation is still intact but again, I don't think they know what is going on.

We're probably just going to rent a car and enjoy the Palm Coast area. Our flights are booked out of PBI, otherwise I would consider switching to Disney post-cruise for a week like we had originally planned.

The OBC has to stay on the reservation that is being cancelled/chartered. It can not be used on a different one.

Theresa, that sounds like a good question to ask the Customer Svc rep. I'm really not certain about what the restrictions would be. They should allow you to use wherever you'd like, from my perspective.

Are you booked for a B2B that includes our sailing week as well?