Drinks package

sinysusie

But about wine. Anybody know the brands of Pinot Gris, Chard. and Cab and Merlot offered on Classic? I have a bud who needs La Crema Chard. and I prefer Coppola and Chateau St. Michele for my Pinot and Merlot. Are they on Classic?

Wines vary from ship to ship and even on the same ship during a single cruise. Have a quick conversation with your sommelier in the MDR and he/she will usually manage to earn a tip by the time your cruise is over. Since I only drink wine with meals, I have no advice at other venues where I stick to the harder stuff.LOL

Wines vary from ship to ship and even on the same ship during a single cruise. Have a quick conversation with your sommelier in the MDR and he/she will usually manage to earn a tip by the time your cruise is over. Since I only drink wine with meals, I have no advice at other venues where I stick to the harder stuff.LOL

Celebrities sommeliers are excellent. At least mine was. Hope she is on my next X cruise. She mentioned they move them around from time to time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have upgraded on our last 3 cruises, and it was darn well worth it!

The beer selection on the classic is the standard Bud, Coors, and Miller, YUK!:eek:

Very limited wine by the glass selection, the Cab my wife drank last Nov was $13.50 per. On the Premium it cost us .59 cent's!

I found this in an online search for Celebrity Classic Beverage package beer selection. Please advise if this has changed as I am good with Heinekin Light:

• Bud Light

• Budweiser

• Coors Lite

• Miller Lite

• Heineken Light

• Heineken

• Corona

• Corona Light

But about wine. Anybody know the brands of Pinot Gris, Chard. and Cab and Merlot offered on Classic? I have a bud who needs La Crema Chard. and I prefer Coppola and Chateau St. Michele for my Pinot and Merlot. Are they on Classic?

I stressed a lot about if I should upgrade to premium on my first X cruise. Well done for being able to name vinyards, my palate is completely uncultured.

For me if it's red, in a glass that's fine. I tend to like new world wines and sometimes have a preference for particular grape varieties, but thats it.

I'm the same with beers. I it's wet and in a bottle great. Given a choice I like Amstel and SanMiguel when on hols :)

I found this in an online search for Celebrity Classic Beverage package beer selection. Please advise if this has changed as I am good with Heinekin Light:

• Bud Light

• Budweiser

• Coors Lite

• Miller Lite

• Heineken Light

• Heineken

• Corona

• Corona Light

Back a few months ago Franziskaner Weissbier was included in the Classic package, was available in the MDR and every other bar. To me it was better than almost all the beers on any of the packages for a really refreshing drink with meals or anytime for that matter.

bosco

Trying to find out how ths works.

I you get a Classic package I'm told you pay $11.80 to upgrade. Does this Classic package include say glasses of Champage or Bellini cocktail ?

Is the $11.80 on top or in total?

If you get drinks in your drinks package do they still charge tips to your account even though there is no money changing hands?

I was on the classic package last year.. I drank Bellinis every night :)

They may have been made with a sparkling wine rather than a 'Champage'. I used to drink the sparkly stuff as well...lovely

I just used to say I was on the classic package and then order a Bellini, Mohito, pina colada what ever. They would make it up with the alcohol varieties available on a classic package.

I never saw a cocktail menu listing which drinks were 'classic' and which were 'premium'. I don't think it works like that.

Our Classic package meant there were no tips added to drinks and no slips to sign.

We were were charged daily gratuities - which are totally different and a gratuity on spa treatments

Edited by beaveh

Trying to find out how ths works.

I you get a Classic package I'm told you pay $11.80 to upgrade. Does this Classic package include say glasses of Champage or Bellini cocktail ?

Is the $11.80 on top or in total?

If you get drinks in your drinks package do they still charge tips to your account even though there is no money changing hands?

If you bought the classic drink package it cost $55.00+18% grat and covers beer up to $6, mixed drinks up to $8, and wine up to $9, plus various coffee, juice, and bottled water. IF YOU BUY A DRINK over these limits, you pay the entire cost, no deduction is allowed for your package.

The premium package covers any and all drinks that cost up to $13, and if you bought it, is $65+18% grat, and if you buy any drink over this you only pay the DIFFERENCE!

So the $10.00 is the diff in the cost of the 2 packages, the $1.80 is the grat on the $10, hence, $11.80 per day to up grade from your included classic to the big kauhna premium pkg.

The red wine the wifester found to her liking was $13.50 a glass, on the classic we would pay the entire amount, on the premium it was .59 cents :eek: Because her 3 glasses at dinner were over the limit, they would have cost us $47.79 on the classic, where on the premium it was $1.77!!!!!

Well worth the $11.80 to upgrade.

The daily grat has nothing to do with the drinks pkg nor service. It goes to the cabin and food service personal. Clear as mud now?:D

EW

image.jpg.c05c01aa5c53ce708d1a520fcdfaadcd.jpg

I know you cannot get any martini's at martini bar, but can you get one at other bars? My wife likes a chocolate martini

Cruised on Solstice in April. Hubby had a choc Martini every evening before dinner!

:)

Edited by Sonjag12

With the exception of the special Celebrity martini (it has another name I can't recall), virtually anything on the Martini Bar menu is on the premium package.

They'll also make you some other off-menu drinks. Just tell them what you like to drink and ask if they have something off the menu. I described how I like my chocolate martini at home and the bartender made me a great creme brûlée martini. He had to go to another bar to get the Frangelico but after that he had a bottle every night for me. I would think (and it's only my personal opinion) that they get bored with the same old same old, and making something new breaks up the monotony. And of course they know that likely they'll get extra tip for the extra service.

• 2 weeks later...
I agree just wait till you are on the ship to see if the classic pkg meets your expectations.. If you are the type of people that enjoy cocktails with Crown, Seagrams, Absolute, Stolis etc then the classic should be fine. If you like Martinis and higher end cocktails then upgrade but wait till you get on ship because you can use OBC for the upgrade.

On last cruise I had classic and my wife had premium. Bartenders were awesome and would make you pretty much anything you wanted.

Make friends with the bartenders and tip. They work super hard.

Check out the martini bar and watch the flair bartenders make 5 martinis at a time. Simply amazing.

Not sure on smoothies.

Enjoy your cruise!

Great tip about using your onboard credit to upgrade. Thanks! I love cruise critic.