What item have you forgotten 4 cruise?

kimala

Just thought it would be fun to ask what thing or things you may have forgotten to pack for your cruise?

One time I had decided to keep all hubbys shirts hanging in our bedroom closet until the last minute to avoid wrinkles. Well, everything else had been packed for a week or two prior(I'm a planner) and needless to say I forgot them. Ended up buying him a couple of tropical print button downs at a open air market in Nassau and some ship T shirts...

What about you?

After doing all the packing for dh and 2 dd's, at the first port I realized I forgot to pack my bathing suits! A quick trip to a store solved that problem, but dh teases me to this day about it!

Have heard stories of people pa king everything, putting luggage outside the cabin the night before disembarkation, and realizing they only had pajamas to wear to disembark ( or forgot to leave out shoes, or what have you.). Sounds funny, but I had a moment of panic on my June sailing that I had done just that. Thankfully, I had not.

Have heard stories of people pa king everything, putting luggage outside the cabin the night before disembarkation, and realizing they only had pajamas to wear to disembark ( or forgot to leave out shoes, or what have you.). Sounds funny, but I had a moment of panic on my June sailing that I had done just that. Thankfully, I had not.

Always a humors topic for the Cruise Director or ship's comedian made even more so interesting when the only thing left in the cabin to wear is the curtains be they shower or drapes - having the cabin steward fashion a new

emperors wardrobe out of towels !

And then when you claim your baggage where is the superman telephone booth to change into the pre-packed clothes !

...WOW hadn't thought about that happening but I can really imagine it now...Ill bet the cruise lines have seen it all.

Back when there were formal nights, we were driving to the port when I realized the only shoes I had were the sneakers on my feet. We passed a Payless and I sent DH to buy a pair of black shoes for me. I have no idea why I didn't do it myself. All I can say is that he did as he was told. I had black shoes in my size.

Another time we sailed the Pride of Aloha. We had been upgraded to a Suite and then upsold to an Owner's Suite. I packed all of my bras the night before. In the morning I walked around the suite and looked through the drawers probably 10 times. There were several sets. I guess I thought a bra was going to magically pop up. We didn't see our luggage until we got to Boston.

On the way to the port, 4 hours from home, we stopped to pick up parents when my DH realised that the crocs he had put on to just pop the luggage in the car, were still on his feet and were the only shoes he had. Trip to stores had to be done before boarding. Next cruise we got to the port when we realised DH had not packed any sweater, jacket, hoodie, nothing on an early season baltics cruise. Trip to same stores. 20 cruises later it's a standard process to check each other's packing. Xmas 2013 we arrive in Miami and he declares he's forgotten his sunglasses. I distinctly remember getting them out and checking but he insisted. So off to buy new ray bans, purchased and get on the ship to find his original glasses in his hand luggage. Hey he now has a choice.

Edited by Tiggertastic

Just thought it would be fun to ask what thing or things you may have forgotten to pack for your cruise?

One time I had decided to keep all hubbys shirts hanging in our bedroom closet until the last minute to avoid wrinkles. Well, everything else had been packed for a week or two prior(I'm a planner) and needless to say I forgot them. Ended up buying him a couple of tropical print button downs at a open air market in Nassau and some ship T shirts...

What about you?

Tooth brushes and asprin

We got married on board the Sovereign, the only formal wear we brought was her wedding dress and my rented tux. Luckily only a 3 day cruise, and the entire family was with, so everyone just got back in wedding clothes and we did more pictures.

My husband always forgets something that is critical to life as he knows it, at least in his view. So I have resigned myself to participate in a long and arduous "scavenger hunt" to find the said replacement item. It's a bit of a vacation kick off ritual now!

I couldn't even list all the items here. It would blow up the Internet.

What about you?

When unpacking for a TWO WEEK cruise in the Caribbean....my husband asked me "where are my underwear?"

Suffice it to say that we STILL argue to this day over who was supposed to pack what! Bottom line is that I have never washed and tried to blow dry ONE pair of jockey shorts so many times in my life! As despite our best efforts.....it was impossible to find men's underwear in our first TWO ports!

Thankfully we did manage to get him a pack in our third port.....and funny thing is that they were SO much different than the old fashioned ones that DH was used to wearing! VERY modern and more for a "youthful" physique! But we were just THRILLED to have new ones!

To this day, he always asks me if I have packed his underwear!

Contact lenses solution. Thought I had it packed for my summer cruise last year but somehow forgot it. Thankfully the ship had it for sale but it cost me I think $13 or $15 for a trial size that I could buy on land in the states for a few bucks.

Edited by nautica34

Tums. Turned out to have saved my life! I take an acid-reflux med and at the time, once in awhile I needed tums to help out. We were on the NCL Majesty (2009) and went to the "Death by Chocolate Night" or whatever it was really called which started about 11pm--late for us to eat anything. Just had a small slice of cake, but paid for it with the worst heartburn ever, no tums and by that time the ship's store was closed.

Some months later getting my annual checkup, told my doctor about in hopes of getting a better acid reflux med. He sent me immmediately for a stress test and the following day I was getting a triple bypass. Great doctor for sure to recognized what was happening to me. Had to cancel our cruise out of PR, but have one scheduled in Nov.:D

Tums. Turned out to have saved my life! I take an acid-reflux med and at the time, once in awhile I needed tums to help out. We were on the NCL Majesty (2009) and went to the "Death by Chocolate Night" or whatever it was really called which started about 11pm--late for us to eat anything. Just had a small slice of cake, but paid for it with the worst heartburn ever, no tums and by that time the ship's store was closed.

Some months later getting my annual checkup, told my doctor about in hopes of getting a better acid reflux med. He sent me immmediately for a stress test and the following day I was getting a triple bypass. Great doctor for sure to recognized what was happening to me. Had to cancel our cruise out of PR, but have one scheduled in Nov.:D

Praise God. So glad you are still with us!