What a scare! New booking I hadn't booked.

Tangocherie

Oh boy, what a reaction I had this morning when I accessed my account. A brand new booking was there which I had never booked. All my personal info was there and my cabin mate was a lady from St Paul, Min. that I absolutely don't know.

The cruise was for the Sun leaving on Monday July 25. Though it might have been enjoyable having a cruise mate of the female persuasion born in 1983, I freaked out. Had I been a victim of identity theft? I immediately called Norwegian. Guess what happened?

I had to stay on the phone for over 40 minutes before an agent came on then I was transferred and had to wait another 35 minutes when another agent came on the line. This agent was VERY unhelpful despite the fact I might have been a victim of id theft. All she was willing to give me was the name and Phone# of the travel agency on record. By the way, it was not even the correct name! I appealed to her that I might be a victim of id theft. No way did she want to help me and investigate the situation, all she was going to do was give me the agengy #. I asked what if they where closed? Not her problem! I had to deal with this unknown agency. What the F..K?

Of course, this travel agency is closed over the week end. I was very anxious and worried about having been a victim of fraud. Thankfully, I have a great travel agent. Her name is Gladys. I called here and explained the situation. She put me in a conference call with Norwegian.

Thankfully, it seems that a Norwegian agent messed up and put in My latitudes number instead of the one for the other person who had booked this cruise. It appears that I have not been a victim of identity theft, thank God!

Thanks to Gladys, my travel agent, for helping me out with this VERY stressful issue. Boo to Dimetria, the Norwegian agent who gave me the cold shoulder and refused to help me out with this abnormal situation. Thanks to Judy who answered Glady's call and helped resolve this issue.

I do hope no one else has to live through such a stressful event. Hopefully Norwegian and it's agents will learn from this.

Luc

ps: can you imagine what problems the "real" guest would have had on Monday trying to board the ship?

Edited by Tangocherie

When someone books thru a travel agent, any problems has to go thru that agency, NCL can't help you. What NCL did do for you was give you the name of the travel agency...

That is the "standard" situation. Mine was one where I believed I had been the victim of fraud. The agent should not have left me hanging to the whim of a "travel agent" I do not know and could have possibly been a party to the id theft I feared.

I am grateful everything worked out well in the end, but, the original agent really should have been more helpful given these particular circumstances. :mad:

Edited by Tangocherie

Thankfully, it seems that a Norwegian agent messed up and put in My latitudes number instead of the one for the other person who had booked this cruise.

When someone books thru a travel agent, any problems has to go thru that agency, NCL can't help you.

The OP had NOT booked anything. "A Norwegian agent messed up ...". In that case NCL should have sorted it out.

The OP had NOT booked anything. "A Norwegian agent messed up ...". In that case NCL should have sorted it out.

I am so grateful to my travel agent, who was not implicated in this situation, for helping me out. Norwegian customer service really should take note of this!:(