Anthem entertainment not open yet??

I am booked on September 8, 2016 Anthem and the entertainment still is not available on RCL cruise planner. Anyone else having this problem? I have called RCL many times since cruise is only 46 days out and have gotten all different answers and excuses. Was anyone else on this cruise to New England and Canada able to book their entertainment yet?

Yes, I am part of the September 8 Roll call. Very displeased. Can't book the North Star either.

I went ahead a few weeks ago and booked all of my dinner arrangements, I figure it is better to have a reservation that I want to change than trying to get a reservation when I don't have one. It is not a good way to anticipate a vacation.

JC

Yes, I am part of the September 8 Roll call. Very displeased. Can't book the North Star either.

I went ahead a few weeks ago and booked all of my dinner arrangements, I figure it is better to have a reservation that I want to change than trying to get a reservation when I don't have one. It is not a good way to anticipate a vacation.

JC

North Star still hasn't opened for Aug 25th

What bothers me is that I was able to book entertainment today on November 10,2016 cruise! But nothing yet for September 8?? There must be some kind of problem. Hope it is all resolved in a few days. One person told me it is an IT problem. Another told me email was sent out in May that you can no longer prebook entertainment on the Anthem, Quantum, Allure and Oasis. When I asked for a copy of the email she claimed she could not find it.

I was on the phone with then on Friday for over an hour..most of it on hold. They are so clueless - the guy came back on the line and said 'it doesn't appear entertainment is in the computer yet for your sailing. DUH -- that's what I said when I called and he put me on hold. If you call 10 times you get 10 different reasons. One person on our role call was told no entertainment until embarkation day. Another rep told me North Star is never available for pre-booking.

I called Crown & Anchor and they had no idea why entertainment on the 9 day same itinerary on September 22nd was available for booking but not ours on the 8th.

Probably their incompetent IT department.

I'm on the Sept 22 9 day sailing and my entertainment was up last week. The only thing I'm waiting for is NorthStar. I've heard from someone on the Oct 29 sailing they they told me they already booked NorthStar. This is very frustrating and I can't understand why a cruise a month later can book NorthStar and I can't.

Anthem schedules seem to change on every cruise. Shows are different times, activities are different times. I booked all my stuff as soon as it opened, and all my shows changed times and I had to rebook again, maybe about 3 weeks later. Even the C&A party and the welcome aboard show times have varied on the same cruise itinerary. So who knows what they are doing. You might as well wait because if they just give you times and then change them, it just wastes your time.

Edited by marci22

I am on this same cruise and I have just about given up on booking any shows. Guess I will do the fly by the seat of the pants and hope they have available seats! It's just frustrating that we can't even book them now.

Oh, and the cruise planner says I have anywhere between 75 to 88 dinner reservations. Go figure since there's only 2 of us! Guess I am gonna gain some serious weight! LOL

You are so right! Our reservation shows we are booked for 64 dinner reservations on the Sept 8 cruise and we are only two people too! Nutrisystem will get a lot of business from us when we get back!

Checked again today. Only 45 days out and no entertainment.

I am on this same cruise and I have just about given up on booking any shows. Guess I will do the fly by the seat of the pants and hope they have available seats! It's just frustrating that we can't even book them now.

Oh, and the cruise planner says I have anywhere between 75 to 88 dinner reservations. Go figure since there's only 2 of us! Guess I am gonna gain some serious weight! LOL

Yeah, that is funny and is happening to me as well. It is a 9 day sailing, and I have another couple booked with us at our dinners, and one day it will show 70 booked, then the next time I look it shows 85. 4 x 8 =32.... We have a reservation on shore the night we are in port til 11PM.

It is amazing how screwed up their system is and how well the cruises usually work out.:eek::rolleyes:

JC

Anthem schedules seem to change on every cruise. Shows are different times, activities are different times. I booked all my stuff as soon as it opened, and all my shows changed times and I had to rebook again, maybe about 3 weeks later. Even the C&A party and the welcome aboard show times have varied on the same cruise itinerary. So who knows what they are doing. You might as well wait because if they just give you times and then change them, it just wastes your time.

Our experience on the Anthem TA was similar. Dining opened up for booking many months out, and so we made dinner reservations. When entertainment finally opened up for booking, of course there were some conflicts in our dinner reservations, so we had to juggle the dining and entertainment and make some new reservations to get it all to work.

And then, about three weeks prior to our sailing, RCI changed the show schedules, and without any notice to me (thank goodness for our Roll Call), unilaterally rebooked our carefully planned entertainment, creating new conflicts in our dinner reservations. More juggling and rescheduling by me.

I enjoy the planning part of trips, but this was a huge annoyance and waste of time. Anthem is beautiful and we had a wonderful cruise, but as I said in my post-cruise comments, I really did not like the entire process of having to make these reservations and then needing to change them. And because Anthem was still so new, it was impossible to know whether you could just take a pass on the dinner reservations and wing it.

That is just so bizarre! We are on the September 3rd sailing, our entertainment reservations have been open since around 90 days out.

We're on the September 3rd sailing as well and already booked shows, dinner times, etc. but after reading this thread....it looks like I have to keep my eye on everything until cruise time :eek:

We are on Oct 20, 2016 sailing Booked our entertainment this past week.

Are you on our roll call? Sorry if you are but your screen name is not familiar. Come on over and say hello if you're not.

We are on the 5 day Bermuda sailing October 1. We were able to book dinners 218 days out, North Star 93 days out, the three shows 72 days out, and iFly today, 66 days out.

We're on the 9 nite Aug. 25th NE/Canada and the entertainment opened up 2 weeks ago, but no headliner show reserve. Also, Ifly was available for reserves, but not North Star--puzzling.