Is vermouth a wine?

ronheg

first, cherries do not go in martinis. vermouth, sherry, marsala, and port are wines. distilled products are liquor. I have brought a small bottle of white vermouth on each of my 35 cruises on 8 different lines and never had a problem.

first, cherries do not go in martinis. vermouth, sherry, marsala, and port are wines. distilled products are liquor. I have brought a small bottle of white vermouth on each of my 35 cruises on 8 different lines and never had a problem.

Good that you have never had a problem - but fortified wines contain distilled products - liquor - and are different from wine.

Good that you have never had a problem - but fortified wines contain distilled products - liquor - and are different from wine.
And fortified wines are outside the intent of HAL's wine allowance policy.

... and by adding three easy words to their policy (i.e. "except fortified wine"), they could stop people arguing about the "intent" of their policy ;)

... and by adding three easy words to their policy (i.e. "except fortified wine"), they could stop people arguing about the "intent" of their policy ;)

As HAL apparently still doesn't realize that champagne is a wine (the policy continue to say "Each guest 21 years and older may bring one bottle of wine or champagne") I hate to think how totally confused the policy wonks would become if you were to introduce the concept of fortified wine. ;)

As HAL apparently still doesn't realize that champagne is a wine (the policy continue to say "Each guest 21 years and older may bring one bottle of wine or champagne")

I think it is more of an issue with people going on a cruise not knowing whether champagne is a wine. ;) I recall seeing that asked before.