Seven Seas Society Pages Quarterly

Portolan

The TA name appeared below our address.

Scott - thanks. A big, ole blank on ours. And we've used the same TA for almost a decade now. They just transferred our two onboard bookings to him, too, so I know they know who he is. Odd...

A few years ago at a Seven Seas Society meeting they mentioned that there were over 100,000 Seven Seas Society members. IMO, that is quite a list to maintain and costly if they are sending them to people that have moved or haven't sailed Regent in years.

1. Ours came the same day as Scott's (Portolan) - not surprising since same geographical area

2. A TA was listed (name and phone number) who is NOT our TA

3. We did NOT get an apology email.

4. We liked the newsletter - pretty much read it through. And that is unlike how we handle all the glossy brochures of upcoming cruises - those go directly into the trash (even though we travel on Regent regularly).

A few years ago at a Seven Seas Society meeting they mentioned that there were over 100,000 Seven Seas Society members. IMO, that is quite a list to maintain and costly if they are sending them to people that have moved or haven't sailed Regent in years.

Well, you can assume that a large percentage of those would be Bronze level since you get Bronze your first sailing, or even Silver if you book a long enough cruise...frankly, I don't think it would be a huge undertaking to clean up and monitor that database and maybe - just maybe - merge that database with their other marketing database to better manage their mailings. I think it would pay off in the long run...

I wonder how often the Seven Seas Society list is updated. If someone has not cruised Regent for a certain number of years, perhaps they should be deleted from the list. After all, the member may have passed away or may no longer be cruising on Regent. I am truly amazed at how many Seven Seas Society members have not sailed Regent in several years yet find reasons, based on what they are reading on CC, to criticize Regent. If I were in charge of Regent I would delete them from most lists but might send them a brochure once a year or so. Such a waste of time and money to include people that dislike Regent.

IMO, if these former customers have any interest in Regent, they would notify Regent and ask to be included in their mailing list. Better yet, delete anyone that has not sailed on Regent in 5 years.

Overall, it sounds as if the newsletter has been met with positive responses from Regent regulars.

That is pretty harsh, Jackie. We had just made it to Gold when Mark lost his battle with cancer; there have been extenuating circumstances that have prevented me from sailing on anybody in the last six years, but I am still interested. And yes, I think I sailed enough nights on Regent that my opinion should still count toward something. At least as much as it counted when we were sailing on a regular basis, which is obvious it counted very little indeed. And that I should still be counted as a person and a member of SSS.

That is pretty harsh, Jackie. We had just made it to Gold when Mark lost his battle with cancer; there have been extenuating circumstances that have prevented me from sailing on anybody in the last six years, but I am still interested. And yes, I think I sailed enough nights on Regent that my opinion should still count toward something. At least as much as it counted when we were sailing on a regular basis, which is obvious it counted very little indeed. And that I should still be counted as a person and a member of SSS.

Pam, as I also posted above, I believe that everyone that wants to be on the mailing list should be. However, IMO, their lists need to be cleaned up so that only people that want to receive mail from Regent receives it.

BTW, I do have a copy of the newsletter and enjoyed reading it. I have received very few emails or brochures from Regent in the past few years but have kept up with everything that goes on by reading their website and Cruise Critic. Still, I have taken steps to insure that I will receive future mailings.

P.S. There is a fairly frequent poster on the Regent board that hasn't sailed Regent in years (now sails Crystal) that has posted more than once that he receives too much mail from Regent and can't get it to stop. This is a common complaint which is why I brought up the subject of cleaning up their mailing lists.

I contacted Jason O'Keefe, the Seven Seas Society Manager. As one can imagine, he has received hundreds of emails since the newsletter came out. I have no doubt that he is responding as quickly as possible. IMO, you will receive a response much faster by writing to Jason instead of anyone else at Regent. His email address is: jokeefe@rssc.com

P.S. We are also loyal, long-time customers and did not receive the newsletter. Somehow there was something in the system that indicated that I did not want to receive mail or email from Regent. This is not something that I requested and it is now fixed.

Edited by Travelcat2

update.....when I opened my email this morning, there was a response from Jason OKeefe, and a copy of the newsletter.

Apparently our problem was the same as yours Jackie, for some reason we had been opted out for mailings......although we get some mailings, but then not others. It is being fixed.:)