Seven Seas Society Pages Quarterly

Portolan

Not yet arrived, but we are in the U.K.

Is Jason O'Keefe a relative of the great painter Georgia O'Keefe. We saw a superb exhibition of her work at the Tate Modern, London a few days ago.

Edited by eliana

Mine came early this week; I read it then tossed it without even looking to see if there was a TA listed on it.

Early this year, I logged into RSSC to ask for a brochure on Explorer. Within minutes, I had an email from a travel agent, and then I got a call from one a few days later. Other than our very first cruise on Mariner, we have been listed with the same TA all along. So it isn't as rare as you think, Jackie. I don't even know if the same one emailed and then called, or if it was two different ones; I ignored the email and told the caller that I was well established.

Mine came early this week; I read it then tossed it without even looking to see if there was a TA listed on it.

Early this year, I logged into RSSC to ask for a brochure on Explorer. Within minutes, I had an email from a travel agent, and then I got a call from one a few days later. Other than our very first cruise on Mariner, we have been listed with the same TA all along. So it isn't as rare as you think, Jackie. I don't even know if the same one emailed and then called, or if it was two different ones; I ignored the email and told the caller that I was well established.

Did you find the publication of interest? Just curious.

In terms of the TA's calling (which is definitely not what most of us want), did you click on the "Order a Brochure" link or "Contact Us" link? I used the "Contact Us" link a long time ago and got a phone call. When I used the brochure link, I received a brochure. So, I guess I have received a phone call from a TA but it was because I used the wrong link.

BTW, are you booked on any of the Explorer cruises? I know that you are understandably unhappy that Regent did not follow through with "single suites" but some of their cruises are more reasonable than on the other ships. It would be great to see you onboard!

Edited by Travelcat2

Yeah! I enjoyed the SSS Pages; read it and ENJOYED it - a welcome relief from the deluge of Regent/Oceania brochures that I receive. I intend to drop Jason a line (as he invited us to do) and suggest articles on the crew and their activities that might interest me. Thanks Regent!

Received mine earlier this week, and I very much enjoyed it. I had been on most of the trips mentioned (w/Oceania), and a couple with Regent, and it was interesting to read bringing back memories.

I had not noticed the TA issue, so when I read this thread, I looked, and sure enough, there is some travel agent listed who I have never heard of. I did enjoy the personalization on the 2nd page. That was a nice touch.

I'll be on the Voyager Beijing to Bangkok this coming March with my daughter.

Did you find the publication of interest? Just curious.

In terms of the TA's calling (which is definitely not what most of us want), did you click on the "Order a Brochure" link or "Contact Us" link? I used the "Contact Us" link a long time ago and got a phone call. When I used the brochure link, I received a brochure. So, I guess I have received a phone call from a TA but it was because I used the wrong link.

BTW, are you booked on any of the Explorer cruises? I know that you are understandably unhappy that Regent did not follow through with "single suites" but some of their cruises are more reasonable than on the other ships. It would be great to see you onboard!

I thought the publication was rather interesting, yes, but it didn't take long to go through it. I never use a 'contact us' link unless I really want somebody to contact me (such as Amazon when I have a question). I simply requested a brochure.

I am making my big leap into solo travel next month, on Azamara Quest; haven't been anywhere "adventurous" since Mark's death. Since I still own and operate Mark's business, and my 96-year-old mother lives with me, I can't really make huge travel plans. I hate, hate showers, so having to climb the suite level to get a tub would be a deterrent; however, Explorer looks gorgeous. i'll just have to see what next year brings. And, it might not be on Explorer if I need to stay closer to home. This Azamara cruise is slightly scary but if I don't get far, far away soon, I'll hit that proverbial wall.

I thought the publication was rather interesting, yes, but it didn't take long to go through it. I never use a 'contact us' link unless I really want somebody to contact me (such as Amazon when I have a question). I simply requested a brochure.

I am making my big leap into solo travel next month, on Azamara Quest; haven't been anywhere "adventurous" since Mark's death. Since I still own and operate Mark's business, and my 96-year-old mother lives with me, I can't really make huge travel plans. I hate, hate showers, so having to climb the suite level to get a tub would be a deterrent; however, Explorer looks gorgeous. i'll just have to see what next year brings. And, it might not be on Explorer if I need to stay closer to home. This Azamara cruise is slightly scary but if I don't get far, far away soon, I'll hit that proverbial wall.

Hope that your trip on Azamara is wonderful - you definitely need some time away to just enjoy yourself. Please let us know what you think of Azamara. We have heard good things about that cruise line.

We are platinum, two different addresses, still didn't get it.

However, since this thread started, we have received at least two brochures, and in once instance more, at each of all four of "our addresses used by Regent"

Don't think any of our friends or neighbors received it either or someone would have mentioned it at the pool since the hot topic of discussion is travel.

gnomie :)

Obviously this mailing list is not the same as the one that sends out advertisements. I am confident that all Seven Seas Society members will receive this great newsletter (Jason and I spoke about it briefly on the christening cruise and we were delighted with the new publication). Not sure when/if people outside of North America will receive it and am aware that they receive a publication that those of us in the U.S. and Canada do not receive. If they are going out internationally, I suspect that it will take longer than mailings being sent here.

Edited by Travelcat2

Obviously this mailing list is not the same as the one that sends out advertisements. I am confident that all Seven Seas Society members will receive this great newsletter (Jason and I spoke about it briefly on the christening cruise and we were delighted with the new publication). Not sure when/if people outside of North America will receive it and am aware that they receive a publication that those of us in the U.S. and Canada do not receive. If they are going out internationally, I suspect that it will take longer than mailings being sent here.

Jackie, are you now on Regent staff? I guess I am not surprised. :(

Marc

and that we were one of a "small number of guests" who had an incorrectly listed TA. Apparently all of you who've received it so far (based on this thread) are also part of the small number.

Nice touch that they followed up. But, really, mailing lists aren't rocket science. You do a test run and spot check the output. I doubt, however, that anyone took them up on the new TA. ;)

and that we were one of a "small number of guests" who had an incorrectly listed TA. Apparently all of you who've received it so far (based on this thread) are also part of the small number.

Nice touch that they followed up. But, really, mailing lists aren't rocket science. You do a test run and spot check the output. I doubt, however, that anyone took them up on the new TA. ;)

Interesting, got the mailing about a week ago without any TA listed and not personalized and now today you say e-mail explanation out but, we didn't receive any e-mail. Guess that would be expected. Get the mailing early in the process and the e-mail explanation comes much later if at all. Can't blame the us postal storage for the e-mail delay!

I wonder how often the Seven Seas Society list is updated. If someone has not cruised Regent for a certain number of years, perhaps they should be deleted from the list. After all, the member may have passed away or may no longer be cruising on Regent. I am truly amazed at how many Seven Seas Society members have not sailed Regent in several years yet find reasons, based on what they are reading on CC, to criticize Regent. If I were in charge of Regent I would delete them from most lists but might send them a brochure once a year or so. Such a waste of time and money to include people that dislike Regent.

IMO, if these former customers have any interest in Regent, they would notify Regent and ask to be included in their mailing list. Better yet, delete anyone that has not sailed on Regent in 5 years.

Overall, it sounds as if the newsletter has been met with positive responses from Regent regulars.

TC2, I hope that Regent does not delete former customers from their list. Yes, there are times that I have been critical of Regent, if that means stating those things that I wish they would change or would not have changed, but I still have wonderful memories of past sailings and would not hesitate to sail the line again if the itinerary, timing and price were right.

Although I have loved reading the threads on the new ship and also seeing the photographs, it is the "old" ships that draw me back. I guess it is like being comfortable with "old" friends :).

So, Regent staff if you are reading this thread, please do not delete us "old" sailers. I, for one, appreciate the brochures and the e-mails that you send. I'm sure that other people do, too.

mariners: Not sure if you have read the complaints in recent months from former (and some current) Regent customers that have tried to get off of Regent's mailing lists. Perhaps my post was a bit harsh and Regent should simply clean up their list(s). For instance, they could contact customers that haven't sailed in "x" years advising them that they will be removed from the list unless they _______ (not sure - perhaps "opt in" or ???).

I have received advertisements/brochures/magazines from companies that advise me that I was receiving my last issue. In most cases I was thrilled to finally have the mail stop since contacting many companies did not help me in my endeavor to stop the mail. Actually, I would prefer 100% of my mail to come via email rather than snail mail (at this point I'm at about 75% email).

Regent's mailing list must be enormous as evidenced by the fact that I still haven't received the newsletter. They undoubtedly have addresses that no longer exist, etc. Everyone that wants to be on their mailing list should be but those that do not should have an easy way to stop the mail and Regent should be happy that their mailings are no longer going to people that instantly put their mailings in the trash.

Just got our copy late last week, read through it this weekend. Nice little newsletter. Two questions, though:

One, where was the TA's name listed on the newsletter? I didn't see our TA's name on there anywhere. Also didn't see a random TA, so I guess that's good.

Two, does anyone have any idea how many Seven Seas Society members there are? I'm just kind of curious how many names we're talking about, what the level of effort is to maintain that database. I know that you're pretty much Bronze if you book a week long cruise, but it would be pretty easy to filter out the one-timers after a certain amount of time without a follow-on cruise. But by the time you're Gold, it should be fairly easy to track the members there and above. I'd really like to get an idea of how many Gold, Platinum, and Titanium members there are - it amazed me to see the guy in the newsletter that had 2,000 nights on Regent....that's a heckuva investment in leisure travel!!