Do all passegers in our reservation have to board together?

We will ring RCI on Monday but I thought the good people on Cruise Critic may know the answer.

Our ship departs at 9.30pm and I would like to do a tour before embarking but the rest of the family don't want to join me on the tour. The tour finishes at 4pm and check out of our hotel is midday. My question is can my husband and children board the ship on embarkation day without me? We are all on the same reservation.

We will ring RCI on Monday but I thought the good people on Cruise Critic may know the answer.

Our ship departs at 9.30pm and I would like to do a tour before embarking but the rest of the family don't want to join me on the tour. The tour finishes at 4pm and check out of our hotel is midday. My question is can my husband and children board the ship on embarkation day without me? We are all on the same reservation.

Yes they can...just print out a separate SetSail Pass for yourself...this is done often.

You could also check in with them and then leave the ship.

No...it's like a hotel...you can board totally separately. Give whoever is going to board 1st the credit card, so they can get the account set up. Failing that, everyone can say they're doing a "cash" account...no money down is needed...and when the CC holder boards, they can set up the accounts.

The following appeared on our SetSail Pass for September:

"Congratulations on completing your SetSail Pass! You have eliminated the hassle of paperwork at the pier.

When you get to the pier, you'll need to present:

Your SetSail Pass

Appropriate proof of citizenship with photo ID documents for each guest.

The credit card that you registered online for your onboard purchases .

Any discrepancies may result in delayed or denied boarding. Please make sure that the name on all your paperwork is identical to the name on your reservation. All guests listed on the SetSail Pass must be present to board."

One can only wait and see if RCI enforces this.

Check your documents to ascertain the boarding hours. Just because the ship doesn't leave until 9:30pm, it doesn't mean you have until 8:30pm to board. The people who work at the counters only work until 5pm or so, and you have to be there before they leave.

It's always good to read the documents to see what is suggested.

Hope that helps. But true, the whole party doesn't have to register together. But everyone needs their Set Sail Pass. :D

As others have said, there is no Need to board together if each of you have their own set sail passes.

You Need to be Aware though that there is a cut off time for check-in. Make sure your plans meet that time, as well as the all aboard time. Even with a sailaway that late, These times could be way earlier and These are the times you Need to meet or you will wave the ship good bye from shore.