Teens on Reflection?

redbaron70

Hi all,

We're considering a spring break cruise on the Reflection with our 15 year old and 13 year old, and I'm wondering what to expect. Does Celebrity draw a lot of families during spring break? Are there activities for the kids? We've sailed on RCL, Norwegian, and Princess, but this would be our first Celebrity cruise. I'd appreciate your input.

Thanks!

I would say that Celebrity would probably be closer to Princess. While there aren't a ton of "activities" like on the RCCL ships there is a kids club / game room / Teen Activities

We were just on the Silhouette and through the shows were great - we were in the british isles and the shows were at 50% Celebrity 50% local performers from the various ports -

Some of this will vary based on where you are cruising.

Honestly depends on your kids! I use to sail on Cunard and windstar as a kid (along with Carnival and NCL once each). I always had a great time.

Spring break or any holidays, there will be a lot of kids/teens regardless. That's really all that matters in my opinion. They find each other and make 'cruise friends' like the rest of us :D

Hi all,

We're considering a spring break cruise on the Reflection with our 15 year old and 13 year old, and I'm wondering what to expect. Does Celebrity draw a lot of families during spring break? Are there activities for the kids? We've sailed on RCL, Norwegian, and Princess, but this would be our first Celebrity cruise. I'd appreciate your input.

Thanks!

We typically cruise on the school breaks. There are some children on board but surprisingly few. A limited selection of activities exist for young people, especially in comparison to RCL. I would opt for one of the other cruise lines if you are considering teens. There are also some cruises that have few ports. I was even bored on those cruises with only 2 real stops in a 7 day cruise.

Boring shows, to each their own...

Deck 16 basketball court. Then their private game room with Xbox by Microsoft two or three, If they have contests in there, board games etc.. games They have their own private space, they have a boys and girls bathroom over 18 considered an Adult not allowed.

there is a arcade game room, pkg deals $1.00 per game about very noisy when all twenty games (about) are sounding off you have prize games, car games, shooting games, air hockey, and puzzle prize games. Enough to keep one busy for some time.

Pool activities are volley ball, mini golf but only when the CD (cruise Director) announces and more to the Adult.

On Deck 16 mid ship are two ping pong tables the kids play on.

Down on Deck 4 the Comedy central, they sometimes bring out the Large Xbox tv games, ( on the Equinox) ( I remember) on one or two nights only.

Deck 9 is a card room old fashion plane card tables, the other ships are updated with electronic games on the table

It all depends how one keeps busy, hope from what I remember when observing when I walked around onboard back in Holiday time, Kids were onboard quite a few, and they were busy doing things if asked.

Edited by gopro63

we haven't been on Equinox for a while. Is Comedy Central something new?

I think they must have mistyped. It's Celebrity Central, but that's the venue where they have the late night comedy shows.

Really does depend on their personalities. We did our first Celebrity cruise on the Silhouette over Spring Break this year with the kids, ages 12yo and 15yo. They really enjoyed it. There were enough organized activities and they found plenty to do on their own with cruise friends. I want to say we were told there were approx 150ish kids on board. Mine are more low key and prefer the clubs not overly crowded so Celebrity was a good fit. We've done Carnival, Disney, and Royal Caribbean. They requested to do Celebrity for our next cruise if that tells you anything.

I agree it depends on the teens themselves. We took our teenage daughter on a cruise to the Baltics last summer. There weren't a huge number of teens on there but because of that most of them made an effort to meet up.

Even when she was with us if we passed any of them they always spoke and were a friendly bunch.

We are doing a cruise out of Rome this summer and she is really looking forward to it. She mixes in when she wants to but can keep a low profile if she wants as well.

As she pointed out to me if there are loads of teens on a cruise you would spending ages queuing to do any of the activities on offer!

totally depends on the kids. Our girls were just fine hanging by themselves at the pool, reading, playing cards with us or themselves, and they didn't need a group of people or organized activities. They could make their own fun. They really enjoyed the ports and when on the ship we all hung out together or they did themselves.

totally depends on the kids. Our girls were just fine hanging by themselves at the pool, reading, playing cards with us or themselves, and they didn't need a group of people or organized activities. They could make their own fun. They really enjoyed the ports and when on the ship we all hung out together or they did themselves.

Agree, our teens really enjoy X. They usually make a few friends and 'hang out' together, usually at the basketball court and teen club :). Many times on the Royal ships, they don't get an opportunity to participate in the activities because of the lines etc. We tend to do longer cruises (port intensive) where there may be fewer kids, but enough for them to make buddies. They still communicate with friends they have made, over their years of cruising, from all over the world ;).

I think it totally depends on your kids and you. Are you able to enjoy yourselves and not look for the downside?

I've done Celebrity cruises with two 11 year old boys and while there were plenty of activities through the kids club, they were quite happy to make their own way and had a terrific time. In fact, when we talked about booking another cruise on a different cruise line more "kid" oriented, that idea was rejected. This time it will be with our son who is now 13.

There were plenty of things that kids could get involved in at all ages, but kids have to be willing to engage with others. The pools were great, the arcade was fine, there is art all over the ship to explore, basketball court, shuffle board...

And I also found the the shows were wonderful. Were they Broadway or Vegas? No, 'cause guess what? We weren't on Broadway or in Vegas! The people were quite talented for the most part and we enjoyed the show.

If your kids need to be entertained to engage, then maybe a Disney Cruise or one of the others lines that offer water parks and such on board would be better.

We found Celebrity to work for us and haven't found a reason to try another one...