Ship Hull painting

neverbeenhere

Princess is painting the Sea Witch on the side of their ships, NCL has various paintings, and TUI has a unique paint style. Is Celebrity going to paint the Edge ships with some fancy paint job? And what would it be?

I hope not. We don't like the look of the various paint jobs on NCLs ships. Just my opinion.

Princess is painting the Sea Witch on the side of their ships, NCL has various paintings, and TUI has a unique paint style. Is Celebrity going to paint the Edge ships with some fancy paint job? And what would it be?

Hi Neverbeenhere,

My guess is, they will stick with the same white and blue paint scheme, though it would be nice if they added some new touches. IMO, thinking outside the box, is not one of Celebrity's strong points.

To me, what's more important... is having a large, lighted, three dimensional X on the smokestack, similar to what the M-Class currently offers.

To this day, I cannot imagine that someone at Celebrity thought it was OK, to leave off the X when Solstice made her debut. Sure, they had an X on the mid-ship verandas, but that didn't work well. To this day, the current X on the S-Class ships, look like an afterthought.

Wouldn't it be nice if Celebrity shared some hints of what's to come ? No teasers ? No nothing ? I realize it's a very competitive landscape - but some hints of what's to come would be most welcome, and well-received by the many Celebrity fans.

Let's hope Celebrity will get it right.

Edited by Host Andy

Could we paint this on the front of the Ships?

Hey now. You want people to sail on the Edge ships, dont you ? That might scare 'em away :)

I guess I am somewhat traditional as well. I also prefer a ship to look like a ship and not like some kind of undefined art form. I am not a fan of NCL's ship paintings. In addition, especially made clear on these boards, cruise lines are money pinching, trying to find new ways to constantly improve their balance sheets; how could they justify spending significant amount of money on art paintings on cruise ship hulls, which does not add anything to the passenger cruising experience? In short, I vote for the X described above.

Hi Neverbeenhere,

My guess is, they will stick with the same white and blue paint scheme, though it would be nice if they added some new touches. IMO, thinking outside the box, is not one of Celebrity's strong points.

To me, what's more important... is having a large, lighted, three dimensional X on the smokestack, similar to what the M-Class currently offers.

To this day, I cannot imagine that someone at Celebrity thought it was OK, to leave off the X when Solstice made her debut. Sure, they had an X on the mid-ship verandas, but that didn't work well. To this day, the current X on the S-Class ships, look like an afterthought.

Wouldn't it be nice if Celebrity shared some hints of what's to come ? No teasers ? No nothing ? I realize it's a very competitive landscape - but some hints of what's to come would be most welcome, and well-received by the many Celebrity fans.

Let's hope Celebrity will get it right.

I really do not care for the X on the smokestack

Please no... Let's not cheapen the brand any further. Way too much carnivalization already. It has been an ongoing process... Lower some standards, cheapen the brand, draw a different clientele, lower the standards further to appease the new clientele, cheapen the brand further, and so on. Enough. Let Carnival and NCL have their clientele and let X be as it was 5 years ago.

Edited by florisdekort