Harmony of the Seas Video Review

Hi All. Long term reader and very occasional poster here. On my recent trip on Harmony 12 year old daughter being impressed that the was a Youtube blogger called Marcus Butler on board. I have in perhaps in a semi-early midlife crisis decided to start my own blog after telling her "if he can do it so can I".

The blog will be launched later this week but I have completed a copy of a highlights video for the Harmony of the Seas.

Having been lucky enough to go on Allure at Christmas the Harmony is of course very similar but better. The video highlights some of the best of the new bits i.e. Bionic Bar and Wonderland.

The only bit of the ship we did not rate as much was the Boardwalk which was taken over by the Ultimate Abyss and did not seem to be as well finished as the Allure.

[YOUTUBE]Ai8aTvKeuPU[/YOUTUBE]

I have noticed the iffy captions caused by Youtube stabilisation effects. Stables the picture but make my captions wobble.

I am reversing it so people will wobble but captions will be stable. Its a learning game.

Edited by crosby99

Taking our adult kids on the Harmony next year to celebrate our anniversary, so thanks for the wonderful short video!:cool: Will stay tuned for more!;)

Edited by SilkySal
change date

The ship is fantastic many enhancements from the previous Oasis Class Ships. The biggest gain though is the slight increase in cabin size especially bathrooms are much better(shower is no longer a tube).

New dining room menus are a vast improvement and Wonderland should not be missed.

Sailing from Barcelona is always an experience though.

Thank you for posting your video. We'll be sailing on Harmony in October and can't wait.

The one thing I noticed is how noisy Wonderland is. Not at all what I expected.

It must be the microphone it wasn't really that noisy but was quite crowded that evening. The really is a lot of show. The food was amazing and better than any of the other specialities I have tried on previous ships. Some of it was quite unusual and the buffalo eggs were stunning as they came out.

The Wonderland bar which is on the floor above must be the quietest spot on the ship. For 1 hour the only customers were the 2 of us.

Great video, thanks. We ate at Wonderland in July on the Anthem. Best meal ever. However, the desserts featured in your video were totally different than ours. Ours were great, but The melting chocolate ball looked very intriguing!!

Can't wait to try that!

Great video, thanks. We ate at Wonderland in July on the Anthem. Best meal ever. However, the desserts featured in your video were totally different than ours. Ours were great, but The melting chocolate ball looked very intriguing!!

Can't wait to try that!

The various waiters did things in different ways. Once painting the menu our waiter asked us our likes and dislikes and then he proceeded with a tasting menu of around 5 starters, the 3 mains brought out together & 3 desserts. Other tables were picking off the menu but not sure if anyone really new what they were actually going to get.

The chocolate ball was great but the apple which looks the best was probably my least favourite out of all dishes we had.

Can't wait to try that!

Few pictures of those desserts from Wonderland

591246268_AllPhotos-6of16.jpg.dd87f038ff48c5a629951365dcb80884.jpg

2055909395_AllPhotos-7of16.jpg.7458cbc0444e9e683ba3811cbe1c52a7.jpg

It must be the microphone it wasn't really that noisy but was quite crowded that evening. The really is a lot of show. The food was amazing and better than any of the other specialities I have tried on previous ships. Some of it was quite unusual and the buffalo eggs were stunning as they came out.

The Wonderland bar which is on the floor above must be the quietest spot on the ship. For 1 hour the only customers were the 2 of us.

Can you just go to the bar or do you have to have a dinner reservation to sit at the bar?

Can you just go to the bar or do you have to have a dinner reservation to sit at the bar?

The bar is open to anyone. It is a bit out of the way so I don't think people realise.

It was empty whenever we looked in and the night we went.