Eclipse - Concierge Class worth an extra €600?

LauraAnneC

Hi all,

Looking at booking a 14 night cruise on the Eclipse in Sept. 2017. The fare being quoted for 3 of us sharing a cabin is an extra €600 for Concierge Class. I'm wondering if this is worth it? What do you actually get in CC class apart from footrest and some daily canapes......

Thanks,

Laura

Hi all,

Looking at booking a 14 night cruise on the Eclipse in Sept. 2017. The fare being quoted for 3 of us sharing a cabin is an extra €600 for Concierge Class. I'm wondering if this is worth it? What do you actually get in CC class apart from footrest and some daily canapes......

Thanks,

Laura

Lots of opinions on this. A lot depends on one's standing with Celebrity. At the elite level we get a lot of priority this and priority that, laundry, Internet, two hour cocktail hour. Some duplication with CC class. One biggie is you get 5 points a day vs 3 in a regular balcony.

Heard the daily fruit plate is nothing to write home about. Guess the fancy shower head is nice. Cabin size is the same. Think you get foot stools on the balcony.

Basically, I don't think it's worth it except for the extra points.

I would say not enough for that kind of money.

The priority boarding and disembarkation is nice - but you can self disembark at your own time and pace what ever your cabin level.

Looking forward to the new embarkation day lunch in the MDR - no lines and scrambling for table in the buffet.

We usually have the alcohol package so don't really need the welcome sparkling wine and we like to bring our own canapés down to our balcony in the afternoon.

We book it if the price is very close - or like last week when the new promo has us in a C1 aft for less than our SV.

A lot comes down to the cabin choices available. There are some very good C2 locations, and the C1's will get you the coveted aft cabins on upper decks. Even the C3's are good, but with the free Captains Club category upgrade, you can get a C2 for C3 price. If you're comparing C class to a basic Veranda guarantee, with no idea where you will get assigned, it may well be worth the difference in cost. If you can snag maybe a 1A or 2A for that much less, than the "upgrade" is probably not worth it.

What are you comparing it with?

If it's £600 more and now includes a "free" drinks package (vs a guarantee balcony that might not) then it might be. Similarly, if those extra captains club points mean that on your next cruise you hit elite whereas in a regular balcony it will be a couple more cruises you might think it worthwhile.

Otherwise, I personally wouldn't pay £600'extra if just meant a footstool, a few canapés, and an embarkation lunch.

Having done Concierge Class once, I would not recommend it to a friend. In my opinion, the extra cost does not offer equivalent value. As suggested above, I would go with a midship balcony on a lower deck.

Hi all,

Thanks,

Laura

Simple answer, no?

Yes, the cabins are the same size, but they're not in the same location; hence the difference in price and value. Let's look at this another way: if you're talking about a difference of 600 Euros for a group of three, that's 200 each. For a fourteen day cruise, that's roughly 14 Euros a day. Is it worth that much to have what may be a more desirable cabin location? When you figure the total cost of the cruise, that's a pittance, and you will also get the 2 x 14 = 28 extra Captains Club points if that means anything. Granted, the other "perks" are not worth much, but for 14 Euros a day, I, for one, think i would "splurge."

Edited by QuakerBoy

Yes, the cabins are the same size, but they're not in the same location; hence the difference in price and value. Let's look at this another way: if you're talking about a difference of 600 Euros for a group of three, that's 200 each. For a fourteen day cruise, that's roughly 14 Euros a day. Is it worth that much to have what may be a more desirable cabin location? When you figure the total cost of the cruise, that's a pittance, and you will also get the 2 x 14 = 28 extra Captains Club points if that means anything. Granted, the other "perks" are not worth much, but for 14 Euros a day, I, for one, think i would "splurge."

That logic, IMHO, works better when the three people are all paying their own way. When that bill will be picked up by one person I think that person usually sees the the bigger number.

I think the notion for hugely preferable cabin locations is a bit of cruise industry hype. Yes, there are duff cabins that you might want to avoid but I'm not convinced paying several hundred dollars to move up a deck or two and getting an apple and use of a footstool is worth it.

The OP only shows one previous Celebrity cruise, so climbing the Capt Club point ladder may not mean much. We have had cabins on decks 8,9,& 11, and next cruise will be on 7 in a 1A. Have not found any difference tween them on a better or best choice.

Our TA mentioned a Concierge Cabin for our next cruise and I promptly told her that the addition of a shower head to a standard cabin and getting canapes that most all reviewers say they cancel.....is not worth the extra price. We are only "Select" now and will be Elite after our next cruise and then Concierge will definitely NOT be worth the price difference.

Now, if we were talking about this same price differential for AQ class there would be no question in my mind that I would snap that up. Unfortunately Celebrity is going crazy with AQ prices on a lot of cruises. In a mailing I just got, a 14 day Caribbean cruise on the Eclipse on Nov. 13th has the lowest price of an AQ cabin at $4350 pp vs $2000 pp for lowest price Verandah!!! No problem making a choice here when you can take 2 separate cruises for the price differential for these identical size cabins. Blu is nice but not THAT nice when you could easily dine in a specialty restaurant for 14 days and pay for the spa at those prices.

[i would hope that X made a typo on those prices but THOSE are what my email said for the cabin classes quoted]

Edited by OBX-Cruisers

Hi all,

Thanks,

Laura

A definite and decisive NO.

I would say "No" also. Unlike the M class, the cabins are the same size as any regular balcony cabin. You do get the special lunch in the MDR on embarkation but that along with the bottle of sparkling wine and the daily canapes is not worth 600 euros.

Depends on what is important to you.

Cabin location is paramount to me, want upperish deck, (C1), and with the addition of the 4 perks instead of two for our price difference was worth it. This one was cheaper than a SV.

Mind you, I wouldn't do AQ on a longer cruise as didn't like the look of the cabin locations, so it just depends on your own needs and wants.

Edited by CELTICGIRLCRUISER

• 2 weeks later...

Someone said the cabins are in a better location...... ours was the noisiest we've ever encountered. We were right outside a crew access door where they bring in the room service orders. Starting at before 6am the access door constantly squeaked open which was the prelude to a loud banging noise when closing. Not blaming the crew - they probably had their hands full - but definitely would not do Concierge again.

Fruit and canapés were ok, but as someone else said, that's easy enough to bring down from the restaurant and then you get to make your own selections.

Footstool was my favorite (being only 5'1" tall) but I've bought an inflatable one now that I hope will do the same job.

We've now gone back to our Balcony - 1A or 1B - and are very satisfied - good value for money.:)

Depends on what is important to you.

Cabin location is paramount to me, want upperish deck, (C1), and with the addition of the 4 perks instead of two for our price difference was worth it. This one was cheaper than a SV.

Mind you, I wouldn't do AQ on a longer cruise as didn't like the look of the cabin locations, so it just depends on your own needs and wants.

I'm with you....I like the upper decks and to me the embarkation priority and lunch are worth it....our fruit basket was very nice (Infinity) but the canapes were horrid! It all depends on what makes you happy. I like a splash of luxury every now and then. :D But to be perfectly honest we were in SV on our last cruise (Eclipse) and I would be hard-pressed to say that I really noticed a difference.

Edited by Hydrokitty

Unless you are interested in acquiring more points- really no. The perks aren't really that meaningful- IMO. You can get good locations with balcony cabins as well- some with extended veranda's mid-ship, with cabins above and below. If you save your money, you can purchase a dining package and dine in speciality restaurants. I also do not think you get the "special" shower heads that you get in AQ and Suites. Enjoy your cruise.