What to do after checking in?

BoeBoe

Just so you're clear, checking in and boarding are two different things. Some ports have "staggered check in" and they will not let you into the terminal before your check in time. Others do not and you can go into the terminal at any time. There will be some time between when you get into the terminal and when you board.

Once you board, pretty much everything is open and your vacation starts. If you don't have premium status or FTTF, you will need to hang onto your carry on until your cabin is ready.

There will be many choices for lunch and most of the bars will be open. As suggested, you can carry on a bathing suit and enjoy the pool. Usually not real crowded before sail away. We do this often. You will also have plenty of time to explore the ship and get your bearings.

Once you check-in, you will wait in the terminal until they call your group or "zone" to board.

Once you board, I would advise to go directly to the Lido buffet to eat. Depending on the ship, you may have a choice of Guys burgers, deli, grill items, etc. The longer you wait to go to Lido for lunch, the busier it will get. After lunch, you can use pool (if open), hot tub, or go and explore the ship. Pick up a copy of the Fun Times and look at the schedule. You will see when the muster drill is scheduled and you will hear announcements for it. Usually there is a sail away on Lido deck straight away after muster.

Enjoy!

There will be many choices for lunch and most of the bars will be open. As suggested, you can carry on a bathing suit and enjoy the pool. Usually not real crowded before sail away. We do this often. You will also have plenty of time to explore the ship and get your bearings.

After 12 years of cruising, we are doing this for the first time! Can't wait!

We have been lucky enough to get FTTF for all our cruises so we go to our cabin and drop off carry on's first. Then we go directly to the Spa to get me a pass for the week. We like to go to Guys on Lido or get Indian Food which is in the back if it's on your ship. After that get a feel for the ship and go to all the different decks and check out the venues. Love looking at everything before it gets too crowded. Have fun!!!!

If you go to the pool, be aware that muster begins before sailing. When they announce to be at your muster station, you may not have time to go change and be there in time for muster. If you miss muster, you will have to take time out of your "play" time to attend the drill with those who missed it.

We have been lucky enough to get FTTF for all our cruises so we go to our cabin and drop off carry on's first. Then we go directly to the Spa to get me a pass for the week. We like to go to Guys on Lido or get Indian Food which is in the back if it's on your ship. After that get a feel for the ship and go to all the different decks and check out the venues. Love looking at everything before it gets too crowded. Have fun!!!!

Sadly, Liberty does not have Tandoor. :( That is my favorite food venue on Dream, Magic, Breeze, and Splendor.

Ooh, I wonder if Vista has Tandoor. I hope so.

• 1 month later...

Once on board I take my stuff to my room (have FTTF) and then hit the Lido deck for some food. Either grab a seat there or head back to my balcony and people watch while I enjoy my first moments of vacation. Then do a quick ship tour before it gets too busy and snap some pics. Send a quick text back home to let everyone know we arrived safely and are on board.

With a noon check in time on the Liberty the OP should arrive when boarding is already in full swing. We sailed the Liberty 9/19 and they boarded the weddings at 11:30, Diamond, Platinum, Suites and FTTF at 1:40. Hopefully the boarding card number will not be too high and there won't be a long wait in the terminal.

I would hit the Mongolian Wok, it always gets too busy during the cruise and the first day it is not that long of a wait.

This, this, a thousand times this. It's my second stop after boarding any ship that has it (first stop is at Shore Ex to reserve cabana/villa locations at HMC).

Although the Wok is worth even a long line to me, it's a lot more convenient when the line is short.

Sadly, Conquest doesn't have Mongolian Wok :( , so I'll head right for the new free BBQ place instead.

What does the SPA pass include ? COST?