What are the odds

What are the odds of Pacific Princess,coming down-under round 2018/19.

My thoughts.

Dawn gone.

Sea must surely be soon.

Sun ????

Hence forth,Aus/Nz will need a smaller ship.

What are the new builds planned for Princess.

We know about the majestic.

We know we have got the Golden.

So whats next.????

We know we get the hand-me downs.

Ive stated before that with the p and o new build in 2018/19??,is that there is going to be intense competition down here.

Will Princess go against the grain and corner the market,and charge a slight premium for this.

Do they listen,are they aware,that a small ship would be a winner.

Are they aware that they could fill a small ship all year round with,new ports,ie; Newcastle,west aus,ADELAIDE,etc,etc.

Your sensible thoughts please.

:):):):)

Edited by mrs and mrs
additional info

I doubt it will happen.

I suspect Princess has a niche market for Pacific Princess already.

I think we'll see more of the bigger ships down here, unfortunately. Probably of a similar size to Golden, Emerald and Diamond. Princess wants to increase it's share of the market and it can only do that economically with the bigger ships.

It will be interesting to see if we get one of the other two Royal class ships that are in the pipeline after Majestic is finished.

Interestingly Sapphire Princess has booking for 2018 and onwards for Sydney, was Emerald but now changed to Sapphire, although Emerald still has a few slotted in there. So Diamond and Sapphire for Sydney and Golden for Melbourne.

I would really like one of them here full time:) Whichever we get, I think it will be a Grand class to compete with the larger Royal, Carnival and Celebrity ships.

We really need one of them for World Cruises and Pacific Circle, the Golden longer itineraries from here have sold really well, so perhaps they were trialling a larger ship to see if they could fill it.

And then in another 5-10 years all the cruise lines will start building smaller cruise ships again to offer passengers more choice of ports, more interesting itineraries, all at an inflated price, naturally. :rolleyes:

Interestingly Sapphire Princess has booking for 2018 and onwards for Sydney, was Emerald but now changed to Sapphire, although Emerald still has a few slotted in there. So Diamond and Sapphire for Sydney and Golden for Melbourne.

I would really like one of them here full time:) Whichever we get, I think it will be a Grand class to compete with the larger Royal, Carnival and Celebrity ships.

We really need one of them for World Cruises and Pacific Circle, the Golden longer itineraries from here have sold really well, so perhaps they were trialling a larger ship to see if they could fill it.

I'll put my money on the Sapphire as well. Asia will have the Majestic by then.

And then in another 5-10 years all the cruise lines will start building smaller cruise ships again to offer passengers more choice of ports, more interesting itineraries, all at an inflated price, naturally. :rolleyes:

Perhaps, if the cruise lines see that sales on the larger ships are dropping off worldwide and people moving towards the smaller ships, then they will want that action as well. Cruise prices will increase though.

Pacific Princess was originally allocated to Princess Australia when the R fleet was broken up. She was replaced by Dawn Princess to meet the huge demand for cruising in Australia.The other R ships went to other cruise lines and were revamped and moved upmarket and then Princess finally realised that they had a little treasure in their hands. They still have not spent any money upgrading the ship , being content to keep charging more for the small ship experience. She wont come back to Australia , as Australians would not pay the prices she is getting overseas. as said above I think she is up for sale and someone will take her over and revamp her into a luxury ship.

Pacific Princess was originally allocated to Princess Australia when the R fleet was broken up. She was replaced by Dawn Princess to meet the huge demand for cruising in Australia.The other R ships went to other cruise lines and were revamped and moved upmarket and then Princess finally realised that they had a little treasure in their hands. They still have not spent any money upgrading the ship , being content to keep charging more for the small ship experience. She wont come back to Australia , as Australians would not pay the prices she is getting overseas. as said above I think she is up for sale and someone will take her over and revamp her into a luxury ship.

I think you are on the money there David.

They also took her sister, as Tahitian, later Ocean, and just sold her off, so I expect they will follow suit with Pacific, our favourite ship, but she was also our first.

I'd love to see more of her size here.

I have long expected to see one of Diamond or Sapphire moved to the Australian fleet. If P & O does a good job with its new build then Princess is going to start looking dowdy with a 20 year old fleet. But I think a lot depends on the govt opening Garden Island as the OPT is at capacity.

I have long expected to see one of Diamond or Sapphire moved to the Australian fleet. If P & O does a good job with its new build then Princess is going to start looking dowdy with a 20 year old fleet. But I think a lot depends on the govt opening Garden Island as the OPT is at capacity.

That will be the next obstacle to overcome.

Great answer thanks,that is sort of what I am getting at.

Maybe my start should have been,whats the future of the Aus/Nz princess market etc,etc.

Where do people see Princess in the future,will they lag behind,will they think outside the square.

:):):)

Cruise line exec in the making. ;)

When the sun class ships go, we will no longer cruise, we dislike the

larger ships, we are also Princess tragics, not interested in P&O even

though they have the smaller ships.:D

I suppose you could always go and do some international based cruises.

When the sun class ships go, we will no longer cruise, we dislike the

larger ships, we are also Princess tragics, not interested in P&O even

though they have the smaller ships.:D

Much to my surprise I really liked Golden. She definitely has some advantages over the Sun class ships without being too big.

I loved the Wheelhouse Bar on Golden, much cosier than on the Sun class.

I also like the Sanctuary and on Golden it's above the Lotus Spa pool so great for swimming. It also has great views out to sea.

Golden never felt crowded to me. I'd be happy cruising on that class of ship for a while.