Princess does read our comments!

caber

We are just off Regal and wanted to reply to a few of the posts I have been reading about recently.

We had lunch with the staff captain and he is up to date with all the posts. We discussed the thread about the Patters and I can tell you that we had the Patter delivered to our cabin every evening. Unfortunately we also still got all the sales leaflets too.

There were quite a lot of Asian passengers along with many from lots of other countries too. We didn`t find any problems on that count.

The dining room was quiet. You could get a table for two immediately at various times of the evening.

The staff and service were terrific. The food was good, but I think we have had better on previous cruises. We had lunch in Alfredos after embarkation which we loved.

The entertainment was not too bad. The theatre group shows were very professional but not always to my taste. Beatlemaniacs played twice, once in the theatre and once in the Piazza where everyone could dance to them. The comedian was very good and adapted his act to the many nationalities brilliantly.

The stateroom television had a great variety of films to watch at no cost.

Someone asked recently if it was worthwhile having a balcony cabin on a Baltic cruise. We had an aft one on B deck. It was a great size and sheltered. It was half covered and even when we had a rain shower we could still sit out. On our last sea day it was extremely windy on the top decks but we sat in the sun our sheltered balcony. It was very much worth having. We were lucky with the weather. It was quite warm with sunshine on a lot of the days. I didn`t think we would be in the pool in St. Petersburg. We came back from a trip and had a lovely late afternoon swim.

My one disappointment was with the passengers at the "on deck for the cure " charity walk. I was the only person who signed up to actually do the walk. Maybe others donated, I don`t know, but when I walked through the gym there were dozens of people on the treadmills. Where were they all when there was a walk for charity?

We had a lovely time on Regal. I would not hesitate to go back on her. (soon I hope) :)

We are just off Regal and wanted to reply to a few of the posts I have been reading about recently.

We had lunch with the staff captain and he is up to date with all the posts. We discussed the thread about the Patters and I can tell you that we had the Patter delivered to our cabin every evening. Unfortunately we also still got all the sales leaflets too.

There were quite a lot of Asian passengers along with many from lots of other countries too. We didn`t find any problems on that count.

The dining room was quiet. You could get a table for two immediately at various times of the evening.

The staff and service were terrific. The food was good, but I think we have had better on previous cruises. We had lunch in Alfredos after embarkation which we loved.

The entertainment was not too bad. The theatre group shows were very professional but not always to my taste. Beatlemaniacs played twice, once in the theatre and once in the Piazza where everyone could dance to them. The comedian was very good and adapted his act to the many nationalities brilliantly.

Someone asked recently if it was worthwhile having a balcony cabin on a Baltic cruise. We had an aft one on B deck. It was a great size and sheltered. It was half covered and even when we had a rain shower we could still sit out. On our last sea day it was extremely windy on the top decks but we sat in the sun our sheltered balcony. It was very much worth having. We were lucky with the weather. It was quite warm with sunshine on a lot of the days. I didn`t think we would be in the pool in St. Petersburg. We came back from a trip and had a lovely late afternoon swim.

My one disappointment was with the passengers at the "on deck for the cure " charity walk. I was the only person who signed up to actually do the walk. Maybe others donated, I don`t know, but when I walked through the gym there were dozens of people on the treadmills. Where were they all when there was a walk for charity?

We had a lovely time on Regal. I would not hesitate to go back on her. (soon I hope) :)

I don't know about Princess charity events, but I have found the charity events for Breast Cancer prevention a big turn off... expecting those participating to collect $60 minimum from each donner and needing to come up with $1200 or something like that to participate. I would think charities should be happy with any level of donation.... as a result I don't giv e or participate, even though my own sister has breast cancer, she feels the same way I do.

Thank you for the post.

Glad to know that Princess is aware of the many opinions of so many CC members.

If, having CC voices being read with Princess concerns this should help each ship by just a small improvement or at least brought to the attention of whole cruiseline staff that something needs to be looked into further.

Just saying my personal opinion.

Sorry, my DW and I both said, we wouldn't be walking for any charity on a cruise. It's a vacation. We could do this at home, not on a vacation.

I don't know about Princess charity events, but I have found the charity events for Breast Cancer prevention a big turn off... expecting those participating to collect $60 minimum from each donner and needing to come up with $1200 or something like that to participate.

Nothing like that on Princess.

A $15 donation from yourself allows you to participate. You do not try to raise money from anybody else.

I don't know about Princess charity events, but I have found the charity events for Breast Cancer prevention a big turn off... expecting those participating to collect $60 minimum from each donner and needing to come up with $1200 or something like that to participate. I would think charities should be happy with any level of donation.... as a result I don't giv e or participate, even though my own sister has breast cancer, she feels the same way I do.

I walk 5 miles a day at a minimum on a cruise, walking never cured my sister of breast cancer. I really do hate these gimmick walkathons, maybe people are catching on to the scam. I walk for myself and think about my sister who loved to cruise. It just makes me sad.:(

Edited by elliair

Hi

Princess like almost every large company monitors the media for any reference

to its self, you can pay companies to carry out this service for you and report

daily either on what they find, or more commonly produce a report that reflects

overall coverage eg positive or negative,

while in house you can have media watchers and commentators that check

cruise critic facebook etc

you will often see Princess press releases with the name Karen Candy on

them, have met Karen.

Have met a Captain not on a cruise and he knew me by my cc name, likewise

with hotel manager who chatted about comments made on our roll call,

yours Shogun

We had lunch with the staff captain and he is up to date with all the posts. We discussed the thread about the Patters and I can tell you that we had the Patter delivered to our cabin every evening

Now if they would just return the printed TV Guide and enforce the "Chair Hog" rules.

So sorry he said YES.

Tony, did he say it with an attitude or body language that said more than just Yes?

True, there's great info here and there on the CC boards. And I'm not surprised that Pam has gotten calls, since I've always found her posts to be solid information and express her good will towards cruising and Princess.

But... I wasn't surprised by the reaction of a Carnival Corp Exec whith whom I speak. I could hear his eyes rolling.

No wonder when there are times that threads continuously reappear with these themes:

• Ignore Princess Policy and Do what you want
  • Tips on how to circumvent Princess Rules and Regulations
  • Methods to steal money from Princess

"Oh what are you talking about," you ask?

Think about it.... Below I will translate. I submit to you that the three topics we always discuss can clearly be interpreted as the three items that I've posted above.

Figured it out yet?

If you've lurked or posted awhile, you know you've seen these three topics and discussions. And here they are:

-Princess does have a written policy on formal night dress that many posters state can be ignored, intimating that it's okay to do as you please despite the company's wishes.

-Princess does have exact rules and regulations concerning alcoholic beverages that can be brought on board, yet regularly there are posts explaining/bragging about ways to smuggle it on board.

-Princess generously provides OBC through their various marketing efforts and with the intention of the credits being used to buy merchandise and services on board, yet regular posts here detail procedures to convert the OBC's to cash, effectively stealing money from Princess.

So.... consider that prospective. And maybe it's easier to understand why not everyone in the cruise industry has the greatest opinion of CC and its posters.