See What's Changed! Carnival Cruise from 1994, Capers and TV ads too!

Manatee Mom

Do you remember roughly how much it was for a cruise?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

My first cruise was in November 1992 and it was $1400 including airfare from NJ to San Juan.

I was a single traveling with 3 couples and my fare at the time was Sail and Share (or something like that). You may or may not have to share a cabin but wouldn't know until you boarded.

I was lucky and got my own tiny inside cabin....no sharing!

Two weeks before the cruise I got laid off from work but it was already paid for so I went.

Won $500 at the horse races by the pool.....I was hooked on cruises and the horse races (lol)

Thanks for the post . My first was July 1984 on the Carnivale with the sink in the room and the toilet and the shower were right next to each other in a small small room. No shows on the ship had to take a night excursion in Freeport to see a show. Yard of ale contest, pillow fights and golf driving off the aft

• 4 weeks later...

Great video !

I have a friend who I am cruising with in January who told me about her first cruise. She was a girl scout and her troop took a cruise for thier yearly 8th grade trip. They were on a Dolphin ship and it crashed into the dock at Cozumel ;) That was their first port and they had to all be flown home due to the damage. She tells me that the ship was fixed up and they saw it in Cozumel the next year when they sailed a different line. She could see the patch job. She says that not long afterwards, that ship was sold and wound up sinking on its way to the new owners :eek:

Anyway, I just thought that was a funny coincidence !

• 1 year later...

My sister was a hairdresser on the Carnavale. My husband and I went to Bermuda (1980 time frame) three times from Norfolk Virginia. I remember the midnight buffet and capers on the pizzas.

Sent from my iPad using Forums