Bud Light 6 Pack: Not so Light

Mosaic

So reading a post in the Naughty room thread, it is mentioned that there is a liquor price increase. I see that pre-buy indulgent price for a six pack of Bud Light Beer (hear puking sound) is $ 40.00! Not $ 4.00, rather $ 40.00

Anybody know what price beer used to be??? Or others for that matter...

So reading a post in the Naughty room thread, it is mentioned that there is a liquor price increase. I see that pre-buy indulgent price for a six pack of Bud Light Beer (hear puking sound) is $ 40.00! Not $ 4.00, rather $ 40.00

Anybody know what price beer used to be??? Or others for that matter...

You might be better off buying a bucket deal while onboard and storing some in your small frig. If you are 4 or 5 Star you get a 50% discount (25% for 3 Star) on mini-bar purchases, which would be far less than your price.

You might be better off buying a bucket deal while onboard and storing some in your small frig. If you are 4 or 5 Star you get a 50% discount (25% for 3 Star) on mini-bar purchases, which would be far less than your price.

Do you get a 50% discount on the bucket of beer deals if you are four star?

If your room doesn't have a minibar can you still order beer to your room and get the 50% off as four star?

thanks

Agree on ordering the bucket of beer. Normally the bucket of beer (6 beers of your choosing) is priced at the cost of 5 beers. At least, it has been on the cruises we have been on. The Lido bar servers were always suggesting it to save money ;)

Do you get a 50% discount on the bucket of beer deals if you are four star?

If your room doesn't have a minibar can you still order beer to your room and get the 50% off as four star?

thanks

I saw the mini-bar price list (soemone posted on this board) and figured out that the cost of a mini-bar domestic beer would be just under $3 if you got the 50% discount. Plus a service charge I am sure.

OK I am seeing differing info here: can someone please clarify - do you or don't you get 4* discount on a bucket of beer? Thanks.

I have always paid full price for beer pre ordered for our cabin. There has never been a rebate showing on our onboard account for star status. Now whether I should have asked for it and would have received it is another matter. I am interested in knowing too.

We have only ever ordered the "bucket of beer" at the Sea View or Lido Bar areas, I think it is 5 beers right? We have pre-ordered a 6 pack of Heineken for our cabin (before we knew about the mini bar discount). We have received no Mariner discount on either of these. That is not a Mariner perk I don't think.

We HAVE received a discount on cans of Heineken from our mini-bar and have left a note or actually spoken to the staff member who stocked our fridge what brands we wanted and they took care of us. If you are in a Neptune, your concierge will pass on the message for you as well if you aren't there to talk to the beverage staff member. We only have the 25% discount but it is still worth it and nice to have a good cold beverage on your own balcony after a hot day on excursion.

Edited by fatcat04

OK I am seeing differing info here: can someone please clarify - do you or don't you get 4* discount on a bucket of beer? Thanks.

No 4* discount on bucket of beer (but buying a bucket is cheaper than buying them one at a time).

I was referring to the 50% discount on MINI-BAR purchases.

I have always paid full price for beer pre ordered for our cabin. There has never been a rebate showing on our onboard account for star status. Now whether I should have asked for it and would have received it is another matter. I am interested in knowing too.

o A 50% discount on specialty restaurant surcharges and specialty coffees in all dining venues, wine packages, beverages in the Explorations Café and all mini-bar purchases

So you can get 1/2 off your MDR cappuccino/espresso, but no beer/wine/alcohol other than from the mini-bar or wine packages.

Edited by jtl513

No discount on the bucket of beer for mariners. Only discounts in the mini bars as far as the Mariner discounts go.

Edited to say - Oops, apologies. The other posts didn't show for some reason. Didn't mean to echo others.

Edited by kazu

But IF your cabin doesn't have a minibar is there any way to get the promised 50% discount four star on minibar purchases?

If there is no mini bar, they normally place the stuff on the counter, I believe.

Or you can order a fridge/mini bar for something like $2 a day I believe. There are few cabins now that don't have it. I think the OV's and insides on the S & R ships? But my memory is short ;)

There's a business idea for you as a 4 or 5 Star - sell beers out of your minibar to others for $5 each (normal price would be about $7), while your cost should be under $4!.

Pay for my cruise this way!

LOL - HAL might get a tad suspicious as you ordered your 200th or 2,000th beer ;)

If there is no mini bar, they normally place the stuff on the counter, I believe.

Or you can order a fridge/mini bar for something like $2 a day I believe. There are few cabins now that don't have it. I think the OV's and insides on the S & R ships? But my memory is short ;)

...i do recall on zaandam in ocean view rooms there are no minibars but if i remember they place a few cokes and things on the counter that are charged it you drink....so the question is do they consider that a MINI BAR that i could have the steward stock with beer and then drink and get the 50% discount? i have no prob renting a refrigerator if that is what is required to count as a "mini bar"...

surely someone must know for sure?

...i do recall on zaandam in ocean view rooms there are no minibars but if i remember they place a few cokes and things on the counter that are charged it you drink....so the question is do they consider that a MINI BAR that i could have the steward stock with beer and then drink and get the 50% discount? i have no prob renting a refrigerator if that is what is required to count as a "mini bar"...

surely someone must know for sure?

It was always my understanding whatever was on the counter was considered "as if it were a minibar". Our wateris on the counter and we get the discount with it. I see no difference ;)