Bud Light 6 Pack: Not so Light

Mosaic

It was always my understanding whatever was on the counter was considered "as if it were a minibar". Our wateris on the counter and we get the discount with it. I see no difference ;)

that sure seems to make sense to me as well...whether the "mini bar" is in a refrigerator or sitting on a counter the discount should be the same.....otherwise it would discriminate against mariners on the ships that don't have the refrigerated minibar....

thank you

There's a business idea for you as a 4 or 5 Star - sell beers out of your minibar to others for $5 each (normal price would be about $7), while your cost should be under $4!.

Pay for my cruise this way!

LOL, this would work better on a Carnival cruise as they drink more :p.

Throwing in my two cents. We are 4 star and we get the 50% off. So that exploration cafe anything. I buy cans of Diet Coke there. 50% off. Werher you have a proper mini bar or they are on the desk anything room service puts in is 1/2 price. I have certain things sent back on the first day and ask that others be replaced. No discounts at ANY bars unless advertised. Just remember to buy your wine packages.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Throwing in my two cents. We are 4 star and we get the 50% off. So that exploration cafe anything. I buy cans of Diet Coke there. 50% off. Werher you have a proper mini bar or they are on the desk anything room service puts in is 1/2 price. I have certain things sent back on the first day and ask that others be replaced. No discounts at ANY bars unless advertised. Just remember to buy your wine packages.

Good tip about buying soda from the Explorations Cafe to get your 50% off (4 or 5 Star only). At that price hardly worth bringing your own onboard (unless your brand is not carried onboard).

Good tip about buying soda from the Explorations Cafe to get your 50% off (4 or 5 Star only). At that price hardly worth bringing your own onboard (unless your brand is not carried onboard).

I believe Explorations cafe only sells "specialty" sodas (Jones NY last I looked, but that was a while ago).

Anyway, the post was about the large increase in price for drinks....

Realize you want to get back to the reason you started this thread.. Please forgive us, but we all learn something on other's ideas..

This is the reason that cabin prices have remained the same for many years;)

Every cruise line profits on all the extra's such as Beer, Wine, Liquor, specialty coffee, photo's , tours etc..:D

Edited by serendipity1499

I was mistaken, then. But I don't think I've ever gone there for soft drinks...

You are not mistaken. You can get any can that they have in any bar. Everything you get at explorations is either 25 or 50% off if you are 3 or 4 stars. I do it everyday on board.

Sent from my iPad using Forums