wine by the glass in dining room

jslatt4570

We have always ordered wine by the bottle for dinner and saved the bottle for next dinner. I do not remember if you can order wine by the glass in dining room. if so, does anyone know which wines are offered. Planning for Sip and Sail.

We have always ordered wine by the bottle for dinner and saved the bottle for next dinner. I do not remember if you can order wine by the glass in dining room. if so, does anyone know which wines are offered. Planning for Sip and Sail.

Yes they do but we have found the list changes.

We always drink wine by the bottle, either from home, purchased at a port or bought in the DR. The choices by the glass in the DR are limited to wines under about $35 on the wines by the bottle list. The last time a took a photo of the wines by the glass menu was 2-1/2 years ago and I believe there was a price increase but at that time the house wines were $6.25 and others varied from $6.75 to $7.95. On that list there was a riesling, two sauvignon blancs, a pinot grigio, three chardonays and a moscato for the whites; two pinot noirs, a sangiovese, three merlots, three cabernet sauvignons, a petit sirah, a shiraz and a zinfandel for the reds and two blush/rose choices.

Edited by IECalCruiser

I've found wine by the glass in the MDR to be a very slow process, mainly because the waiters have to retrieve the wine from the wine cellar for each glass. Even with the Sip & Sail, I'd order wine by the bottle in the MDR just for convenience, if it's doable. Otherwise, getting the wine at Vines is a good idea.

Edited by Mackenzie1

The Sip and Sail promotion is not inconsistent with your prior approach. The beverage plan allows you to take a 40% discount on any bottle under $100. You will drink much, much better if you buy a $60 bottle off the wine list and pay $36 for it than if you get "free" glasses of wine from the "By The Glass" menu. And as noted above, the service for wines by the glass is glacial and the wines you are waiting on are usually not worth the wait.

While it changes frequently, you can find some representative menus here:

I've found wine by the glass in the MDR to be a very slow process, mainly because the waiters have to retrieve the wine from the wine cellar for each glass. Even with the Sip & Sail, I'd order wine by the bottle in the MDR just for convenience, if it's doable. Otherwise, getting the wine at Vines is a good idea.

In our experience......

The galley has a bar/service setup for the wait staff.

We have not had issues getting glasses of wine at a normal rate as any other drink.

I'm glad someone posted this thread today as I have the same dilemma for my Oct. TA. I usually buy a wine card but always end up bringing wine home with me. I have the AIBP for this cruise so I'm hoping to use that to just buy my wine by the glass.

In our experience......

The galley has a bar/service setup for the wait staff.

We have not had issues getting glasses of wine at a normal rate as any other drink.

That's our experience, too, in TD. We always get a bottle, keep in for a second night, then get a glass on the final night so we don't have to get a whole bottle. (So far, we have never managed to save part of a bottle for the last night, no matter how short or long the cruise. Go figure. :D) The bottles offer a much better selection.

Unfortunately, no. From the Princess website, it's only available on the following ships: Caribbean, Crown, Emerald, Golden, Grand, Regal, Royal, Ruby, Sapphire, and Star Princess.
As partybarbie posted, Vines is only on the Grand (except Diamond) and Royal class ships. I don't know if this is still the case, but a couple of years ago on the Island there were some wine flights and more interesting wines by the glass at the Patisserie Bar on Plaza deck.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by IECalCruiser

As partybarbie posted, Vines is only on the Grand (except Diamond) and Royal class ships. I don't know if this is still the case, but a couple of years ago on the Island there were some wine flights and more interesting wines by the glass at the Patisserie Bar on Plaza deck.

On Island ... Patisserie Bar does have a nice selection of wine by the glass! :)

• 1 month later...

If I have the AIBP can I order a specific wine by the glass from vines in the dining room? I know I can bring one in with me to start with but what if I want to change from a white to red...or a second glass? My question is; will the dining room staff only serve dining room wines?

Just curious.

If I have the AIBP can I order a specific wine by the glass from vines in the dining room? I know I can bring one in with me to start with but what if I want to change from a white to red...or a second glass? My question is; will the dining room staff only serve dining room wines?

Just curious.

The DR has it's own wine by the glass list. Can you imagine the inefficiency if waitstaff had to run back and forth to Vines? You can certainly bring a glass of wine from Vines to the DR but probably not in their better glassware.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The DR has it's own wine by the glass list. Can you imagine the inefficiency if waitstaff had to run back and forth to Vines? You can certainly bring a glass of wine from Vines to the DR but probably not in their better glassware.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm new to Princess and have no idea how far Vines is in relation to the MDR, so that's why I asked the question. Here's another one...is the wines by the glass selection any better in the specialty restaurants? I assume I could get "parings" there with AIBP but maybe I'm wrong about that too?

Just looking for info from experienced Princess cruisers...not trying to make the already hard working crew's job any harder.

I'm new to Princess and have no idea how far Vines is in relation to the MDR, so that's why I asked the question. Here's another one...is the wines by the glass selection any better in the specialty restaurants? I assume I could get "parings" there with AIBP but maybe I'm wrong about that too?

Just looking for info from experienced Princess cruisers...not trying to make the already hard working crew's job any harder.

Vines is on Plaza deck on one end of the Atrium. The full time ATD DR is on the other end of the Atrium and the TD/ATD DR is one deck up. The full time TD DR is half a ship away all of the way aft. On the Royal and Regal Sabatini's should have some Super Tuscans added to the list but they might be more than $10 and not included with the AIBP. SHARE definitely has a different wine by the glass list but once again I believe most are more than $10 a glass. I have not seen a different wine by the glass menu in any of the steakhouses such as Crown Grill, Sterling Steakhouse or Bayou Cafe and Steakhouse. Your best bet for a better wine with the AIBP might be buying a bottle at a 40% discount [emoji848]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by IECalCruiser