Hotel ****one near Pantheon in Rome

Sandi07054

We stayed at the Albergo Cesari for 2 nights pre cruise and absolutely loved it. Just a few steps from the Pantheon in one direction, Trevi Fountain in the other, and an easy 10-15 walk to the Forum and Colosseum. This is a lovely little hotel with lots of Italian ambiance, plus a great roof deck for AM breakfast and evening cocktails. Plus, they made wonderful restaurant recommendations for us, places merely a block or two away but out of the tourist block. We'd definitely stay here again.

We have stayed at both the Albergo Del Senato and Albergo Cesari. The Del Senato is pricier than most but, in our opinion, well worth the extra $. Their rooftop bar is heavenly and overlooks the Pantheon. Albergo Cesari is fine for a lower cost option and is conveniently located but for our next visit we will choose the Albergo Del Senato.

Thinking of staying here 2 nights precruise

Anyone stay here before?

Thank you

We stayed there several years ago and it was quite nice but expensive--we had a huge room. We stayed a couple of years later at the Albergo Santa Chiara--also quite nice, a little closer to the Pantheon, and cheaper.

Another vote for the Albergo del Senato. We had the room with the balcony over the entry. Loved it...although we were able to hear the noise from the square. I would stay there again and they have a nice breakfast.

Another vote for the Albergo del Senato. We had the room with the balcony over the entry. Loved it...although we were able to hear the noise from the square. I would stay there again and they have a nice breakfast.

We had that room! I called it the Potentate Balcony.

Love taking my coffee outside to watch the locals going to work in the morning or going home in the evening. Lots of government and military personnel in the area, and we've found wonderful places to eat by scoping out where they eat.

The people at del Senato are great, always remember us, even when we skipped a year, although we've never stayed longer than three nights. They've never steered us wrong with restaurant recommendations. They also spoiled us with upgrades several times.

Yes, it's a bit pricey, but it's our favorite place to stay in Rome. I like the noise from the square, and if you wake up in the middle of the night, it's so quiet, all you hear is the fountain.

Thanks Keith-the hotel parts start on page 8 (post 156) with the rooftop terrace.

Room photos and video follow over the next couple of pages.

Norris

We had that room! I called it the Potentate Balcony.

We also had that room last September for five nights. Never would have gotten it if we had asked.

While we were there they use our balcony for some filming.

We stayed at Albergo Cesari for three nights in June and although not as upscale as Albergo del Senato, it was very nice at a much lower cost. We'll be staying there again for one night in October. Also highly recommended...

PNG%20Sig_zps9bcbhaj9.png

Eh4qO6xUT497aWtRdqm7YZK1PRlbkH.png

We also had that room last September for five nights. Never would have gotten it if we had asked.

We stayed at Albergo Cesari for three nights in June and although not as upscale as Albergo del Senato, it was very nice at a much lower cost. We'll be staying there again for one night in October. Also highly recommended...

For a minute there I thought that was your Toga photo.

Wish I'd thought of that!

You're correct- we've requested that room, and it was never available. Instead, they put us in rooms with the wrought iron French (?) balcony. We prefer lower for the people watching, but it's nice to be one floor down from the roof top terrace.