Bummed I have to cancel today.

Yikes! I'm sure your wife feels like crap and will feel even worse if that baby doesn't show up before Sat! I cannot even imagine how you are feeling!

She told me this morning as she brought my coffee in bed, "this is the worst decision I have made in our marriage, and hopefully the worst I will ever make"

Almost felt bad for her this morning. ALMOST.

She told me this morning as she brought my coffee in bed, "this is the worst decision I have made in our marriage, and hopefully the worst I will ever make"

Milk it for all it's worth lol

[emoji36] no.

Aaaaaah, poor baby. When my contractions started, I didn't deliver for 3 weeks. Well, at least your wife admitted it was the worse decision of your marriage. I knew that didn't make you feel better. It's like pouring salt into a wound.:D

:D:D:D Awwwwwww!!!! At least she acknowledges the fact that she made a bad decision. She's a keeper!!!!:D Live and learn. Hopefully the baby comes before the ship comes back. lol Keep us posted.

I am just LOVING this post.......It's comical.

Well, for us it is. Not for the OP. I really do feel his pain.

You both are keepers. It is so sweet...this is mutual learning curve on your or anybody else's rhythms of similar heart, but somehow I thing you will both end up with "hair and combs"...remember that story. I just hope there is this magic being there for the baby in middle of the ship out to sea time....

I wish great abundance for twice the trip soon enough. Happy Wed Eve. We are all in suspense!!!

Edited by sjn911

You both are keepers. It is so sweet...this is mutual learning curve on your or anybody else's rhythms of similar heart, but somehow I thing you will both end up with "hair and combs"...remember that story. I just hope there is this magic being there for the baby in middle of the ship out to sea time....

I wish great abundance for twice the trip soon enough. Happy Wed Eve. We are all in suspense!!!

I love that story about the hair and the comb.

OP, it probably would have been really hot, rainy, and choppy weather on the cruise anyway. Maybe you were better of staying home.

Milk it for all it's worth lol

Oh yeah .....you negotiate this one the right way .....HO Ho can you say Threesome ???

OK OK ONLY KIDDING :)

Seriuosly .... Between DW and myself we have 7 siblings I cannot count off hand how many nieces and nephews from those unions and can't remember a one where the other sibling HAD to be there for the birth. Usuallya phone call saying "It's a ...." and we would all see the little bugger when we saw them

Gift of the Magi

https://www.teachervision.com/short-stories/resource/3427.html

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

So sorry you missed the cruise! We missed the birth of our last grandchild because we were on a cruise. He was 3 weeks early, but her last one was early, so she was concerned, but told us to go anyway. I was a bit hesitant, but she's a big girl, plus she had her hubby by her side. They called us on the ship to tell us, so we went and had a drink to celebrate!:D

It is obviously your and your wife's choice, but I wouldn't make the same one. Most new parents love having a few days to themselves with their newborn at the beginning. Especially since it's all feed, sleep, and change, on a 3 hour continuous cycle.

Several years ago, I missed a chance to go to Australia with my husband (he was sent for work) to be there for a friend's wedding. I seriously regret that decision.

Baby will be there and more ready for guests when you get back.

Edited by ireashmott

Live....bless your soul, Brother.

I guess it can be spun anyway folks like. To me, it's pretty black and white, though.

Your SIL should have told both of you to take the cruise. You're not delivering the baby. Unless your wife is her OBGYN, there is no good reason for her not to take the cruise.

I don't get your wife, regardless of her admission and contrition, choosing her sister over you. I'm sure you're a great guy, but being dissed like this? I dunno....even forgetting the monetary aspect, I would feel somewhat betrayed and your opinion in the matter totally dismissed.

This is going to fester for a good long while. Going to be some resentment towards the wife, the SIL and maybe towards the (as yet to be) newborn. And, that can't be good.

Live....bless your soul, Brother.

I guess it can be spun anyway folks like. To me, it's pretty black and white, though.

Your SIL should have told both of you to take the cruise. You're not delivering the baby. Unless your wife is her OBGYN, there is no good reason for her not to take the cruise.

I agree with you here.

I don't get your wife, regardless of her admission and contrition, choosing her sister over you. I'm sure you're a great guy, but being dissed like this? I dunno....even forgetting the monetary aspect, I would feel somewhat betrayed and your opinion in the matter totally dismissed.

This is going to fester for a good long while. Going to be some resentment towards the wife, the SIL and maybe towards the (as yet to be) newborn. And, that can't be good.

A little harsh on the words. I mean, yeah he is upset, but it is not like its the last cruise he will ever take. Lessons have been learned. Even a cruise-a-holic like me know its not the end of the world

ok...

Ok. Cruise was booked prior to pregnancy due date confirmation. I could not move the dates because of the other two couples involved. I could have and should have canceled 48 hours ago, but hung on to the possibilities, since contractions began Friday. (They were false contractions obviously)

I made the mistake of loving cruising so much and wanting to be on this particular sailing with my friends and brother, that I chanced it, hoping the kid would make an appearance in the 11th hour. He didn't, and that's life.

It still sucks though.

Day 2 of cruise, and still no kid.

Just review this particular post and notice you mention your brother. Yeah, I can see how you are really bummed....

Heck, some women's husbands don't even make it to the delivery. Not understanding why you cancelled. You knew the baby was due around this time so why did you plan a cruise? Babies are not predictable. Also not cool that you have to ditch your friends at short notice.

Edited by kat2009

Looks like the OP has learnt the two absolute truths about marriage.

1. Happy Wife = Happy Life.

and

2. Happy Wife = Smaller Bank Account.

:):):)

But at least he didn't have to learn an even worse truth:

3. Very unhappy wife= divorce= Even smaller bank account!