Anytime Dining

Salem615

Hi

We have cruised a couple of times but always with family. We will be sailing on Carnival next year as a couple and would rather dine alone.

With anytime dining can you get a table for two?

If not can we request early dining and ask for a table for two?

Thank you.

Hi

We have cruised a couple of times but always with family. We will be sailing on Carnival next year as a couple and would rather dine alone.

With anytime dining can you get a table for two?

If not can we request early dining and ask for a table for two?

Thank you.

With ATD you can get a table for two but you may have to wait a bit, it all depends on when a two-top opens up. With set time dining, I would go to the maitre d when you first board and ask for a two-top. You may find one available.

You don't say what Carnival ship you will be going on. We have seen a lot of Tables for two on Carnival. I know on the Sunshine they are in the middle of an isle with booths on one side and large tables on the other. There should be no problem getting a table at the traditional time.

I email the maitre'd before each cruise to get the table we want. If you let me know which ship I should be able to give you the maitre'd 's email address so you can email him with your request for a table for two!

If your goal is to have a table for just the two of you, no sharing, be sure to ask for a table that is set apart. Most of the two-tops are only a couple of inches away from other two-tops. Not exactly private!

My husband and I do this every time, and there's never a problem, and usually no wait either...although that depends on what time you show up. Earlier is less busy.

Keep in mind ... those tables for two are VERY close together.

True, but a table for two allows you to [better] control the pace of your meal. Sharing a table with other guests, which can be great fun, requires that you give up that control because you now need to 'go with the flow' to feel comfortable. My wife and I are highly social people but always request a table for two (hopefully the same one every night) so that we may keep that control.

You don't say what Carnival ship you will be going on. We have seen a lot of Tables for two on Carnival. I know on the Sunshine they are in the middle of an isle with booths on one side and large tables on the other. There should be no problem getting a table at the traditional time.

I email the maitre'd before each cruise to get the table we want. If you let me know which ship I should be able to give you the maitre'd 's email address so you can email him with your request for a table for two!

Hi - We are sailing on the Valor. It will be in April of next year.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Actually, we've ask for a table to share and were told they could seat us immediately at a table for two.

Keep in mind ... those tables for two are VERY close together.

This has been our experience unless we ask for a more private table. I've been given the hint to ask for a booth on our upcoming Sunshine cruise and will try that.

True, but a table for two allows you to [better] control the pace of your meal. Sharing a table with other guests, which can be great fun, requires that you give up that control because you now need to 'go with the flow' to feel comfortable. My wife and I are highly social people but always request a table for two (hopefully the same one every night) so that we may keep that control.

We have had on 2 different occasions on Carnival when our 2 top was extremely close to other 2 tops where the waiter treated our tables like they were one and we lost that control to pace our meal. I will always ask for a more private table from now on though. I started doing that on Carnival after these incidents.

• 3 months later...

we've always had fixed dining for our previous 7 cruises, but this time, we booked anytime.... but recently have read some negative comments about needing to call in a reservation every morning, or having to wait an hour plus to be seated ? anyone had these experiences ? we have 6 months before cruise, so , maybe we can change back

I'm sure that a table for two gives you greater meal pace control sometimes, but it for sure doesn't always. DH and I had a table for two on one cruise where the waiter basically treated our table and the table for two right next to us as a four-top. Everything was lock-stepped. If one table ordered appetizers and the other didn't, the table without appetizers was sitting there waiting for the table with appetizers. This happened at all stages, at every meal.

In reply to 'Sea Hag'. Guess we've been lucky as we haven't experienced the issue you mentioned. I would have had a polite conversation with the head waiter [after eating] if it looked intentional. I doubt the server was to blame and was most likely just complying with company policy or perhaps instructions from his or her head waiter.

As I said in my earlier post my wife and I try to eat as late possible without becoming a pest to both the kitchen and serving staff. The kitchen and servers on the smaller ships that we always try to book aren't as rushed when compared to the staffs on the larger ships. Regardless of ship size the staffs we've encountered over the years always seem to be a jolly group. But, those that have a few cruises under their belts know how tough a job they really have when trying to provide a quality meal to a huge room filled with guests that haven't eaten for almost two hours (insert smile). You didn't mention if you were aboard a large or small ship. As long as my wife and I are not rushed small delays between courses really don't matter to us. Conversation and a good wine easily fill in any extended gap between a course. Besides, the night is young so why hurry?

Edited by Magnum60