On Freedom of the seas right now - eastern Carribean turns to western Carribean due t

We are on Freedom right now! Loving the ship and had a great day at Cocoa Cay. We found out this afternoon that our next ports of St Maarten and St Thomas wouldn't be happening because of bad weather. We are instead heading to Costa Maya and Cozumel. We are waiting to hear what port options are open to us. Wondering if someone can tell me what rcl excursion (beach) are available in costa maya and what rcl charges for them. Also any recommendations for beaches in either costa maya or Cozumel greatly appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Costa Maya has a very long pier that leads to a variety of port shops, bars, and a pool area. If you would like to go to a beach, you can just go to the taxi area, and take a cab to the Mahahaul beach area. It is $3.00 down, and $2.00 back pp. Very nice beach area with a great boardwalk, shops and bars along the boardwalk, and you can get a massage right on the beach, very inexpensive. Costa Maya is a great stop.

Check out Maya chan beach,it's an all inclusive resort,excellent food and drinks,reasonable price too. Not an RCI excursion,you may be able to email them and get a reservation. Check them out on trip advisor,they get great reviews

For Cozumel If you have kids definitely check out playa Mia, paradise beach, or mr Sanchez. They are all right next to each other. We did playa Mia. It's about 30 per person to get in and then you can play on the climbing stuff out in the ocean. My kids loved it. For more you can get a buffet and or all inclusive drinks. They had a couple nice pools there too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

because I don't want to ruin your cruise but excursions are among the least of your worries.

Getting back to port is among your biggest. You need to know now, so whatever arrangements need to be made can be made before everyone else realizes it.

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/gtwo.php

But while you are in Cozumel, go see my buddy Luis at the cuisine workshop. Mexican cooking class I believe it is called.

Edited by Cruiseathoning

We are on Freedom right now! Loving the ship and had a great day at Cocoa Cay. We found out this afternoon that our next ports of St Maarten and St Thomas wouldn't be happening because of bad weather. We are instead heading to Costa Maya and Cozumel. We are waiting to hear what port options are open to us. Wondering if someone can tell me what rcl excursion (beach) are available in costa maya and what rcl charges for them. Also any recommendations for beaches in either costa maya or Cozumel greatly appreciated

I would take Cozumel over St Martin any day!:)

Hop on a cab and go to any of their beach clubs....Playa Mia, Mr. Sanchos, Nachi Cocum (this one may need prior reservation), Playa Palancar.

You could also walk up and down their main avenue (Rafael Melgar) to do some shopping and have a taste of Mexican food.

There is a Margaritaville if you are interested.

You could take the ship's tour to Tulum ruins, if they are offering one.

Blue Kay, Costa Maya

Chankanaab in Cozumel

I would take Cozumel over St Martin any day!:)

Hop on a cab and go to any of their beach clubs....Playa Mia, Mr. Sanchos, Nachi Cocum (this one may need prior reservation), Playa Palancar.

You could also walk up and down their main avenue (Rafael Melgar) to do some shopping and have a taste of Mexican food.

There is a Margaritaville if you are interested.

You could take the ship's tour to Tulum ruins, if they are offering one.

Thanks! Do i need a reservation or can i show up at a beach club?

Thanks! Do i need a reservation or can i show up at a beach club?

I believe you can show up at Mr. Sanchos. Nachi has a limit of 100 guests, so you may or may not be able to show up. You can check online if they have space.

Check out Maya chan beach,it's an all inclusive resort,excellent food and drinks,reasonable price too. Not an RCI excursion,you may be able to email them and get a reservation. Check them out on trip advisor,they get great reviews

Since I don't think there was a scheduled ship in Costa Maya, Maya Chan may not be open. I have heard of instances where they can't/don't open in time for an "unscheduled" stop. Worth an e-mail though.

+1 for Nachi in Cozumel.

mac_tlc

I believe you can show up at Mr. Sanchos. Nachi has a limit of 100 guests, so you may or may not be able to show up. You can check online if they have space.

That!

Last August we were surprised that Nachi had space when our eastern became western on the Oasis. We checked the night before Cozumel and got a reservation.

It's that time of the year.

Nice beaches on both.

That!

Last August we were surprised that Nachi had space when our eastern became western on the Oasis. We checked the night before Cozumel and got a reservation.

Can you share the contact info please?

Thanks so much! Do you remember what the cost was?

All-Inclusive Price

$55 - 16 & over

$39 - 12yrs - 15yrs

$19 - 4yrs - 11yrs

You will have to pay for a cab, also. No transportation provided.

Edited by ramja96

Chankanaab in Cozumel

I second this. We were there 3 weeks ago and it was awesome!

shoreexcursioneer.com has an exclusive all-inclusive pass for around $35. It includes, entrance, a buffet lunch, snorkeling gear and full access to the park and beach except for the dolphin show.

We had a great time. Taxi for 8 people (van) was $22 total each way.

We have done Paradise Beach several times.

Depends if you want all inclusive (if you get your moneys worth drinking) Or want to pay as you go.

Paradise beach has a gorgeous pool and great beach. But it is just a couple bucks to get in. No reservations needed. And then you pay as you go for drinks or food. We usually get one or two drinks and maybe an appetizer to share. Maybe spend $30 total. But we aren't big drinkers.