Possibly stupid question about Galveston Parking

I am looking at the map of the terminal and there appears to be a parking garage with walkway to the terminal. Does anyone know what this place is called, and is it available for parking during the duration of your cruise or is it for terminal employees?

Any other recommendations? I would like to park somewhere where the car would be protected in case of a storm.

I am looking at the map of the terminal and there appears to be a parking garage with walkway to the terminal. Does anyone know what this place is called, and is it available for parking during the duration of your cruise or is it for terminal employees?

Any other recommendations? I would like to park somewhere where the car would be protected in case of a storm.

All the terminals have temporary and long term parking next to them!

http://www.ifly.com/george-bush-intercontinental-airport/terminal-map

Edited by ssb

The walk over is not available to cruise passengers.

But consider using valet parking!

Cruise Terminal Locations

If you are using a GPS or map program, input the following information to find the correct locations:

• Cruise terminals - 22nd Street and Harborside Drive

See these two sites for parking alternatives:

http://portofgalveston.com/91/Cruise-Parking

http://www.galveston.com/cruiseparking/

View a map of the cruise terminals.

Edited by ssb

There are 2 parking companies across the street from Terminal One which have indoor parking. They are Park N Cruise and Galveston VIP Cruise Parking. We have used both of them and they are both great.

It is nice just to walk across the street when you get off the ship and take off.

That walk over isn't used by cruisers. I didn't even see that garage available for cruise parking.

We used Park N Cruise indoor parking in March. After pulling into the parking space they directed us to, a man pulled up behind our car in a golf cart, collected our luggage and us and drove us to the corner across from the terminal. We then got out and crossed the street. There was a crossing guard there to stop traffic so we could cross. We then walked up to the terminal, a very short walk. Not much further than having a handicapped parking space at Walmart. After arriving back from the cruise we did it all in reverse.

The parking lot that I see on google in front of Terminal 2, is that the lot for cruisers. I am trying to decide on which lot would be the best for us. My concern is for my husband and wheeling the one suitcase and the Galveston Park n Cruise from the corner appears to be a long walk into the Terminal. Could be the map makes it appear far.

The parking lot that I see on google in front of Terminal 2, is that the lot for cruisers. I am trying to decide on which lot would be the best for us. My concern is for my husband and wheeling the one suitcase and the Galveston Park n Cruise from the corner appears to be a long walk into the Terminal. Could be the map makes it appear far.

Enter on 22nd off Harborside at Fishermans Wharf Restaurant,

Drive thru and go to far end of terminal #2, where entry is. Go around the herd on right in left lane . There are three vehicular lanes and drop him off at terminal with bags and then back out to Harbordide and Parking lot. He can wait for you right inside door . You then walk over.

Edited by ssb

Enter on 22nd off Harborside at Fishermans Wharf Restaurant,

Drive thru and go to far end of terminal #2, where entry is. Go around the herd on right in left lane . There are three vehicular lanes and drop him off at terminal with bags and then back out to Harbordide and Parking lot. He can wait for you right inside door . You then walk over.

Actually when arriving donot come on Harborside , on map see Broadway to 22nd straight into terminal area . Avoid Harborside cross Harborside on 22nd. Turning red light is problem with traffic off Harborside.

Edited by ssb

Based upon your directions ssb, since we are coming from the LQ Inn West, and looking at Google, would we be better off turning unto 25th off Seawall BLVD, Right turn on Broadway then Left on Kempner up to Harborside & across. I saw how close it is from the Parking Lot Galveston Cruise n Park as well.

Gay

Based upon your directions ssb, since we are coming from the LQ Inn West, and looking at Google, would we be better off turning unto 25th off Seawall BLVD, Right turn on Broadway then Left on Kempner up to Harborside & across. I saw how close it is from the Parking Lot Galveston Cruise n Park as well.

Gay

Yes good approach .

Great will work on that one.:) I know of another couple driving to Galveston so will let them know. I am not sure where they plan to park yet. We will be leaving to go back to IAH for a 2:15 flight so will do Self disembarking and bringing only carry on luggage, no checked.

Gay

Great will work on that one.:) I know of another couple driving to Galveston so will let them know. I am not sure where they plan to park yet. We will be leaving to go back to IAH for a 2:15 flight so will do Self disembarking and bringing only carry on luggage, no checked.

Gay

Coming into Galveston straight on to Broadway to 22nd left and cross over Harborside to Terminal entrance .

DO NOT TAKE HARBORSIDE EXIT OR CRUISE SHIP EXIT ON I 45

AFTER CROSSING BRIDGE(CAUSEWAY) OVER BAY.

STAY STRAIGHT ALL WAY TO 22ND!

We will be going straight to the LQ Inn West from the NASA Space Center, July 1st, directions off I-45 S right on 61 st/TX 342 Spur, Right on Stewart following that around then Left on 75th down to Seawall and a Right. LQ Inn West down the street. We are flying into IAH June 30th, and go as far as the Space Center overnight. Tour the Center July 1st then to the Hotel.

Gay

Edited by Desert Cruizers

The walk to the RCCL terminal is a bit tiring if you have mobility issues. I did it several years ago. Last April I used my electric wheelchair and it was so much better.

It would probably be better if you dropped your husband off and then park if that is possible for you. You can see how far it is and see if you think he will be able to walk back to where you park when you get off the ship.

Hoping everything works out great for you. Have a great cruise!

Hi Carol and thank you I will ask him. We will either park in the Cruise lot or across the street at Galveston Park n Cruise. My husband can walk but he has had some pain in his one knee if he walks a lot and generally uses the elevators on the ship. If I am out by myself and only 2 or 3 decks I will use the stairs. Friends we met back in 2008 on our Hawaii cruise will be celebrating an early 50th and asked friends & family to share this cruise with them.:)

Gay

Lighthouse is a little farther away but they have covered parking and I believe it's the only lot around that's actually above sea level. Their shuttles are very fast and they'll handle your luggage most of the way. They drop you off in the parking lot to the terminal, not all the way to the porters. If you are worried about a storm surge I'd definitely consider them!

Personally I try and book with Galveston Park N Cruise because I don't like waiting for shuttles but it seems to always be sold out when I get around to booking.

Lighthouse is a little farther away but they have covered parking and I believe it's the only lot around that's actually above sea level. Their shuttles are very fast and they'll handle your luggage most of the way. They drop you off in the parking lot to the terminal, not all the way to the porters. If you are worried about a storm surge I'd definitely consider them!

Personally I try and book with Galveston Park N Cruise because I don't like waiting for shuttles but it seems to always be sold out when I get around to booking.

Parking with Tremont, Harbor House and Galvez hotel parking is at least 17 ft above sea level and up to three parking garage levels higher. It is the parking garage at Galvez .

Edited by ssb