Wonderland???

It is a very interesting restaurant and number of their dishes, primarily the appetizers, rely on molecular gastronomy techniques. Liquid lobster, as well as the liquid olive, is a technique where they take the essential flavor of the item and encapsulate it (usually) so that it is a self contained liquid sphere you an drink off of a soup spoon. It is all about the flavor and not the texture. I found it to be pleasant. Some of the other appetizers are less advanced but use more visual trickery and ingredient magic to create the dish. For example there is a dish which appears to be tiny veggies growing out of soil, the soil is made from pumpernickel crumbs or something like that (I forget). There is a dish where a cooked egg is covered in a dome which releases an aromatic smoke upon opening, and it flavors the dish as well creating a dramatic presentation. The main courses we had (beef, pork shank, halibut) were more "normal", beautifully prepared and very delicious but lacking the artistry and imagination of the appetizers. The mains were HUGE. Did I say HUGE? The waiter offers to choose all your dishes for you so as to take the stress off you to figure it out yourself. I recommend this otherwise you'll be lost as the menu doesn't indicate what's a main and what's an appetizer. I hope this helps. It's best to go in an enjoy the surprise of it all. If you have a bite here or there you don't enjoy, just leave it aside, there will be more food than you need. Desserts are pretty straightforward in flavor but artfully presented. Dining room decor is wild as are all the details.

Can someone please give a more detailed description of the food in Wonderland?? Like for instance, what exactly is liquid lobster?? The menu seems quite funky to me and I think I might be a little afraid lol!!

Don't be afraid! Be adventurous! :D

I find it tough to describe the food in Wonderland. All in all, it is nothing like you'd likely find anywhere else. It's all very innovative, with unexpected combinations that in the end turn out to be surprisingly good.

I went there on the Anthem and it was by far the best gastronomic experience of my entire life. But you do need to go open-minded and willing to try all sorts of different things. The liquid lobster for instance is a small piece of lobster served on a spoon into bone marrow and topped with caviar, but to be sincere it was quite mundane near the other stuff we tried. :p

Also, when we went there, instead of us selecting the dishes we wanted to eat, the waiter just asked whether we had any allergies or anything we really didn't like, and then assembled an entire dinner for us. I think we must've eaten almost everything from the menu on a single sitting. Everything on the menu is to share.

Unless you are really picky with your food, I'd highly recommend going to Wonderland. I have never seen an experience like that on land, and it is well worth the price.

The other posters did a great job of describing this highly enjoyable and unique experience. It truly is an adventure and a big "yes" to letting your server select your food. My wife and I just loved it.

Concur; great fun. Three courses of petite appetizers that are unique, followed by huge main course options, and excellent deserts. Worth it for atmosphere alone, and we'll go back 🍴🍢🍡🍽

It is well worth doing. The is a feature on it on my; still very much work in progress; blog including photos and a video.

Don't miss it though as you will regret it...liquid lobster I can't really describe apart from brown stuff on spoon with caviar on top......but it is nice :)

If you are a open eater then go for it. If you are willing to trust and try then go for it.

I am a huge picky eater no sauces or dressings plain, plain, plain. I have adventurous eater children so we went on Quantum.

I knew that it was more about the experience than the meal. If I was hungry afterwards I could always find something to eat and I didn't want to hold my kids back.

They loved it, absolutely loved every minute of it.

I found things I liked but ended up with a tummy ache afterwards. Don't eat the Olive. I still have nightmares about the olive. :cool: Lobster was great the olives was ....shudder

I don't plan on returning on Anthem but I don't regret doing it(I regret the olive :D). Its one of those things that I would never do at home and isn't that what vacation is about.

Don't read everything and know everything about each dish part of Wonderland is the joy of not knowing and seeing how the chief has envisioned your food. Your waiter will basically bring you everything and explain it to you.

I had the olive at another similar restaurant and am still horrified when I think about it. The rest of my family loved it. Nasty! I will definitely skip it when I'm there in a couple months.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums