Another b s sale!!!!

ONCE AGAIN RC COMES OUT WITH A SO CALLED SALE OF WOW 30% OFF AND UP TO $200.00 OBC!!! CHECKED WITH THE TRAVEL AGENT SHE STATED YOU WOULD HAVE TO RE BOOK AT TODAYS PRICES GREAT IT WOULD ONLY COST ME A ADDITIONAL $700.00 TO GET A $200.00 OBC AND WHERE IS THE 30% OFF??? SORRY THIS WILL BE OUR LAST TIME CRUISING WITH ROYAL CARIBBEAN!!! MORE LIKE ROYAL SCAM!!!:eek:

Why is it not a sale just because it doesn't personally benefit you?

I find it difficult to believe that you think that every sale should mean a lower price for YOU.

You apparently booked at a lower price. Congratulations! You win!

Why can't you see that?

OK, You have a vast number of e-mail addresses. You have sent the 30% deal repeatedly. Is it not time to re-configure the offerings to attract new folks instead of rehashing what has become a very tired promo?

No problem with them re-sending it, but I would love to know (never will, it is highly confidential corporate information) what percentage they anticipate to participate out of the total number of emails sent.

No complaints, just curious.

Repriced one of my booked cruises saved $114. Ya win some ya loose some no need to yell and rant about it.

How often can you reprice before final payment? Do you ever need to book the new sale and cancel the old or do they reprice all of the time without giving you a hassle?

How often can you reprice before final payment? Do you ever need to book the new sale and cancel the old or do they reprice all of the time without giving you a hassle?

Most times they will let you reprice any time you find a deal before final........Unless it says FOR NEW BOOKINGS only(like the Going,Going,Gone sale and that one is normally after final )

ONCE AGAIN RC COMES OUT WITH A SO CALLED SALE OF WOW 30% OFF AND UP TO $200.00 OBC!!! CHECKED WITH THE TRAVEL AGENT SHE STATED YOU WOULD HAVE TO RE BOOK AT TODAYS PRICES GREAT IT WOULD ONLY COST ME A ADDITIONAL $700.00 TO GET A $200.00 OBC AND WHERE IS THE 30% OFF??? SORRY THIS WILL BE OUR LAST TIME CRUISING WITH ROYAL CARIBBEAN!!! MORE LIKE ROYAL SCAM!!!:eek:

If you go to a store and buy something on sale then a month later you receive a coupon do you go back to the store and want that money also? If you buy a car then you see someone that gets a better deal later do you go back to the dealer and ask for money back?

Hope you find what you are looking for with another cruise line.. Take care and God Bless

I have won some and lost some. The sale may have not benefited you but I am sure the booking people that are booking today sure loved the sale. If you think you are going to get anything different from any other cruise line you have another thing coming.

By the way we are booked on Harmony in November and the prices are double then what we have booked. I have looked during the sales to see if it is any cheaper and everytime I do, I always smile from ear to ear knowing that I won and I am spending less than other people are for the same cruise.

Enjoy Carnival!

We checked prices on the current sale and found our price was higher and since we get the Diamond Discount, no OBC.

However, on a previous 30% off sale we did make out very well and got a GS for a price that was much better than the BOGOHO that we originally booked it under. They aren't always a scam. And, just because my price did not drop, does not constitute a reason to never sail with them again. I would not have booked in the first place if I couldn't live with the original price I agreed to pay.

I do however have to say that I have done much better on Princess sales. Our January 2016 cruise in a S6 suite had 4 price reductions for a total price reduction of $1200 for both of us and we ended up with $200 OBC.

Why are you yelling? A sale isn't meant to benefit people who already bought something anyway. We're just lucky that the US booking rules make it so that if by chance the new sale is cheaper than what we paid, we can get a price match (of sorts); why would you think that the sale means it will automatically be cheaper than what you paid? You should be glad you paid less and feel great that you booked at a good time.

And again, WHY ARE YOU YELLING?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by ColoradoGurl

So the OP is angry because he paid less money than someone who booked during the 'sale'? I'm sure RCCL would allow him to cancel and book at the higher price if it will help him feel better :D

:)

We booked our December cruise back in, oh gosh, 2014? Well, it was originally supposed to be summer of 2015 but at some point in 2015 we realized we couldn't hack that, so it was rebooked to 12/2016. Which is funny on the big box store cruise site because it shows Alaska, in December. :)

Anyway, we booked it so long ago NO sale is going to hit our rate.

Do I WISH I could get it for cheaper? Of course!!!

Do I decide the sale isn't a sale because they can't meet that rate? No.

I agree that this is nothing to get angry about but I have been doing an experiment...I've been chekcing prices every day on the cruise I'm booked on. I've attached a picture of a word document of the the daily pricing of my cruise.

I'm not really doing it for the price drops...well I was at first but then I noticed the prices basically stay the same. I'm kind of curious now to see if it will ever change. For my reservation it always hovers around the $2800 mark. Note for offers with OBC I subtract that from the price to get a "net" price. Also, note that the "current" price at the bottom is how much I'm currently paying for it. And on August 4, the price listed was the price online but that day I noted that I filed for the best price guarantee.

498a84184a172d1a18056b73f3946dad.jpg

I used my phone to type this, excuse any typos please!

Edited by kwazi07

I agree that this is nothing to get angry about but I have been doing an experiment...I've been chekcing prices every day on the cruise I'm booked on. I've attached a picture of a word document of the the daily pricing of my cruise.

I'm not really doing it for the price drops...well I was at first but then I noticed the prices basically stay the same. I'm kind of curious now to see if it will ever change. For my reservation it always hovers around the $2800 mark. Note for offers with OBC I subtract that from the price to get a "net" price. Also, note that the "current" price at the bottom is how much I'm currently paying for it. And on August 4, the price listed was the price online but that day I noted that I filed for the best price guarantee.

498a84184a172d1a18056b73f3946dad.jpg

I used my phone to type this, excuse any typos please!

When is final payment for you? Typically after final payment is when I see the most price fluctuation

It's just another non sale.

It's marketing style.