Another b s sale!!!!

I checked the sale, and compared it on a previous sale, and found about a $30.00 advantage for what I paid. I feel good, but it's also about $100.00 less than what I priced previously, so it does help some people, just like any sale anywhere. Some win, and some lose.

ONCE AGAIN RC COMES OUT WITH A SO CALLED SALE OF WOW 30% OFF AND UP TO $200.00 OBC!!! CHECKED WITH THE TRAVEL AGENT SHE STATED YOU WOULD HAVE TO RE BOOK AT TODAYS PRICES GREAT IT WOULD ONLY COST ME A ADDITIONAL $700.00 TO GET A $200.00 OBC AND WHERE IS THE 30% OFF??? SORRY THIS WILL BE OUR LAST TIME CRUISING WITH ROYAL CARIBBEAN!!! MORE LIKE ROYAL SCAM!!!:eek:

Please, just stop cruising with Royal. And anyone who is with this person, the sooner the better you stop booking, the better. Cancel your good deals, already!!!

That way, the market will adjust to the lower demand and price will actually go down.

Which will benefit the rest of us. :D

I booked a cruise for next year and I saw the exact same sale this year except I'm saving over $1000 for the exact same cabin category. Did I save last year? Absolutely!

I don't invest in their sales...I do agree they are all marketing gimmicks. They never NOT have a sale. It is what it is and I already know that.

ONCE AGAIN RC COMES OUT WITH A SO CALLED SALE OF WOW 30% OFF AND UP TO $200.00 OBC!!! CHECKED WITH THE TRAVEL AGENT SHE STATED YOU WOULD HAVE TO RE BOOK AT TODAYS PRICES GREAT IT WOULD ONLY COST ME A ADDITIONAL $700.00 TO GET A $200.00 OBC AND WHERE IS THE 30% OFF??? SORRY THIS WILL BE OUR LAST TIME CRUISING WITH ROYAL CARIBBEAN!!! MORE LIKE ROYAL SCAM!!!:eek:[/quote

Wonder if other cruise lines that you are moving to have special promotions that will benefit you every time?? Obviously you booked at a price that is $700 cheaper than the present price so what is the problem?

I've actually seen some softening of Royal's pricing policies. Some cruises are being discounted close to sail dates again. The prices they have offered on some of their short cruises. Is not far from what they were selling at a couple of years ago. Those prices are responsible for an awful lot people close to the ports becoming Pinnacles and Diamond Plus's. Maybe there will still be hope for me.

If you go to a store and buy something on sale then a month later you receive a coupon do you go back to the store and want that money also? If you buy a car then you see someone that gets a better deal later do you go back to the dealer and ask for money back?

Actually this is a bad example as my answer is yes absolutely if I am still in a return period. Agree with the sentiment expressed by most people on the thread that, it is what it is deal with it, though.

Prices fluctuate for things like cruise ships, airline tickets etc as they attempt to maximize the number of filled rooms/seats and profit (obviously). You should have seen the graph I had while tracking flights for the past 2 months. Do you think other cruise lines don't adjust pricing in the year(s) leading up to a cruise?

When you booked, the rates were low enough that even the current sale price couldn't beat it. I would think you would be happy that you got such a great deal on your trip - you bought at the right time.

Instead, you are angry?

Actually this is a bad example as my answer is yes absolutely if I am still in a return period. Agree with the sentiment expressed by most people on the thread that, it is what it is deal with it, though.

A good flip side to that for this case- if you saw your product go UP in price, and then having a sale put on it where the net price is still more than you paid- would you get upset?

Or, more realistically, be happy you got a good deal?

I really don't understand why people get upset when they are locked in with a better price than any other recent deal (regardless if it's a "sale" or not).

Oddly enough, cars can be very similar- if you order a specific set of stuff in one, it can take 2 or more months. So I can order a car at different times than you but we get it delivered at the same time. If the price of that car goes up in that time, I get a better price. If it goes down, we share the better price. Either way, ordering early (up to a point) can lock in a good deal. Why be mad about that?

Seems like a waste of energy.

I didn't realize how much I was getting screwed until I read the OP's post. It makes perfect sense. If I rebook now with this sale it will cost another $1000 for the same cabin. Oh wait...:confused::rolleyes:

Well I am one that always checks my prices. I am obsessed with getting the best price, however, if the price goes up I celebrate that I got a good deal and if the price goes down I celebrate that I can get an even better deal!

This time around we paid $60 more and got $400 OBC for 2 cabins! I am very happy. :)

Thanks to all of you who responded with a positive perspective. It is a refreshing change from so many other threads that get nasty.

ONCE AGAIN RC COMES OUT WITH A SO CALLED SALE OF WOW 30% OFF AND UP TO $200.00 OBC!!! CHECKED WITH THE TRAVEL AGENT SHE STATED YOU WOULD HAVE TO RE BOOK AT TODAYS PRICES GREAT IT WOULD ONLY COST ME A ADDITIONAL $700.00 TO GET A $200.00 OBC AND WHERE IS THE 30% OFF??? SORRY THIS WILL BE OUR LAST TIME CRUISING WITH ROYAL CARIBBEAN!!! MORE LIKE ROYAL SCAM!!!:eek:

If you fuss and complain about the same thing multiple times, no one will care what you think.

Remember, people can look up your post history...

Get over it.:p

I'm obsessed too. I have time, so I look at prices. I didn't book early enough to take advantage of original low prices. Saved another $100 due to OBC. Thanks RCCL. Coming from Disney, at least they have "sales" before final payment.

So no one here thinks a lot of their "sales@ are bs too? I'm not gonna quit doing rci cruises but these bogus advertised sales are tiring and make it much more complicated for rci reps and us the customer when booking or changing a booking. That is what annoys me. It can take the reps forever to figure this stuff out and if you use a TA many of them don't understand it well either.

Marketing like this is like the perpetual sales on board at the ships. It is just bs marketing and we all know it if we are regular customers. The op does have a valid point regardless of how how he communicated it. Of course we all know this is designed to get newbies onboard. Will some poee already booked do better after sales are announced? Sure, some will but they may have anyway due to changes in supply and demand.

Oh nothing to be sorry about. I hope you will live up to your promise and we won´t be subjected to your shouting in the future.

Personally I am shocked that hurricane season is so booked up, but it is. We made a value judgment to not cruise right now because the pricing seemed out of whack to weather and demand, especially on Carnival, who right now is sitting on some stock with the Dream I feel they are overpricing.

But that is their problem because I can find good deals on the Allure or Breeze, or other lines if I wanted to chance a storm, which I don't.

You can get mad but it is a waste of blood pressure. The pricing never really changes based on a sale. It just depends on how aggressive they are about filling the ship. On the whole if they find themselves stuck with rooms it is not unusual to find a $400pp cabin at the last minute, but you can't count on it.

We have a budget, and usually, the best value wins. That brings up all-inclusives, who all in are starting to compete, or beat, cruise pricing. Ever eat at an all-inclusive?

Safe to say, it will change the cruise price game if the two meet in price.

So no one here thinks a lot of their "sales@ are bs too? I'm not gonna quit doing rci cruises but these bogus advertised sales are tiring and make it much more complicated for rci reps and us the customer when booking or changing a booking. That is what annoys me. It can take the reps forever to figure this stuff out and if you use a TA many of them don't understand it well either.

Marketing like this is like the perpetual sales on board at the ships. It is just bs marketing and we all know it if we are regular customers. The op does have a valid point regardless of how how he communicated it. Of course we all know this is designed to get newbies onboard. Will some poee already booked do better after sales are announced? Sure, some will but they may have anyway due to changes in supply and demand.

Virtually all "sales" are BS. Why get more bent out of shape for one than the other? We live in a consumer society surrounded by "deals".

They key to any "sale" is that you must do the math. Do that, and you know if a "sale" is good for you or not. Over my time of sailing, the prices change over time whether there is a "sale" or not. So, regardless of what I'm being told, I have to keep doing the math.

Seems to me that us regulars are taking it hard because people are filling the ship with these higher prices, and that our cheap fares from the last 4-5 years are no longer there. Worse, these higher fares are now called "sales".

Maybe it's even worse that these "sales" marketing promotions are actually working for Royal Caribbean.

giphy.gif

so much shouting....:eek:

hahahaha....I absolutely love that show!!!!

great gif!

But on a side note, I am still waiting for any "sale" that actually saves me money on previous or current bookings I have. I kinda thought that was the premise and definition of a sale in general terms??!

Edited by monctonguy

We have benefitted from this sale, but I can't quite figure out how we did it!

When I mock-priced the booking we already have -- an Oasis Boardwalk balcony for four -- under this promo, it came to almost exactly the same, but with $50 less in OBC.

But then I priced out two adjoining Boardwalk balconies, and it came out to just $600 more, and $50 more in OBC than what we already had.

Twice as much room and twice as much balcony, for the equivalent of $550 more? Yes, please!

I have no idea why it shakes out like that, but I booked it before it could change. :D

I don't even look anymore and my cruise is in Feb. I booked at 30% 1st & 2nd and kids sail free. No way I find a cheaper price!

Yes, we booked our next cruise (March) during that promo and there is no way we'll ever do better than that!

But I also realize that promos for both bookings have only worked for us because we're traveling with the two kids; if it was just two of us, I don't think we would have gotten any benefit from it whatsoever.