Majestic Princess New additions!

princessfanboy

I just read your P.S. made me smile.

My reasoning maybe flawed, but I think the pax coming on a brand new ship would not appreciate having a fee in an area where on past ships there was none. However, the charter company can do whatever they please.

Just like I am assuming you are a American Citizen who now resides in China.:)

Speaking of that, has there been any buzz about the Majestic in China, do you know anything about how the ship will be chartered?

Enjoy, L:)ri

It's a safe bet that anything with the word 'Club' in the name means there will be an extra charge.
Not necessarily. The Royal and Regal both have Club 6 which is the late night lounge and there is no charge. On the Majestic that space is occupied by the VIP Gaming Room. Using the Hollywood Pool Club as a late night lounge would appear to replace Club 6. Not a bad move for Princess because Club 6 is quite underutilized most of the day.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you think back to the Regal, Princess tried to charge access to the front pool some evening setting it up as a night club concept. Complete failure and never worked for them

I was on the Royal Princess in 2015 the adult pool-retreat bar was set up as

a night club with a DJ playing music. It was very nice and there was no charge.

Tony

I agree. It looks beautiful and there will be lots of new features, but if she is staying in Asia ...

Can we like have the Sapphire back then?

Didn't really see much NEW that was interesting ... mostly

shops we wouldn't shop in and

restaurants we wouldn't eat in

We still like the old classic Princess look and the fancy new contemporary look doesn't do much for us. For its intended market it might though...

• 2 months later...
Can we like have the Sapphire back then?

Didn't really see much NEW that was interesting ... mostly

shops we wouldn't shop in and

restaurants we wouldn't eat in

We still like the old classic Princess look and the fancy new contemporary look doesn't do much for us. For its intended market it might though...

We have been on the Regal and Royal and we very much liked the Vista Lounge. Now that they are not going to have the Vista Lounge for entertainment but for gaming and Princess Live replaced The Explore Lounge I am really worried about the entertainment options. Regal and Royal Princess theaters were always packed so I guess Princess wants people to gamble more?? Will find out on the Med cruise I guess??

Edited by PrincessLuver

We have been on the Regal and Royal and we very much liked the Vista Lounge. Now that they are not going to have the Vista Lounge for entertainment but for gaming and Princess Live replaced The Explore Lounge I am really worried about the entertainment options. Regal and Royal Princess theaters were always packed so I guess Princess wants people to gamble more?? Will find out on the Med cruise I guess??
The Majestic is designed for the Chinese tastes with the Vista Lounge now the Vista Gaming Lounge, the Club One 6 now a VIP gaming room and Crooners converted to a French bistro.

The Majestic is designed for the Chinese tastes with the Vista Lounge now the Vista Gaming Lounge, the Club One 6 now a VIP gaming room and Crooners converted to a French bistro.

Looking forward to reading your objective Majestic experiences.

I have friends on the leg ending in Singapore who have sailed on the Regal with us & asked if we'd like to join them. Unfortunately there are too many negative changes for us & don't want to pay a high price to go to ports we mostly don't care about.

But as you posted, I'm not the demographic they're seeking for the Majestic & hopefully it will be successful in China. Maybe Princess will eventually run out of areas to deploy their new ships & send the Royal or Regal to our west coast. ;)

Looking forward to reading your objective Majestic experiences.

I have friends on the leg ending in Singapore who have sailed on the Regal with us & asked if we'd like to join them. Unfortunately there are too many negative changes for us & don't want to pay a high price to go to ports we mostly don't care about.

But as you posted, I'm not the demographic they're seeking for the Majestic & hopefully it will be successful in China. Maybe Princess will eventually run out of areas to deploy their new ships & send the Royal or Regal to our west coast. ;)

We canceled our Majestic cruises. We were on the Pacific in the Med in November and international travel has become such a pain. Will probably do west coast cruises for a while.

We canceled our Majestic cruises. We were on the Pacific in the Med in November and international travel has become such a pain. Will probably do west coast cruises for a while.

Thanks for the update & we're also planning more west coast cruises so might see you on one of them.

Now that they are not going to have the Vista Lounge for entertainment but for gaming and Princess Live replaced The Explore Lounge I am really worried about the entertainment options.

No, the Vista Gaming Lounge will still be used for entertainment according to the new look Majestic Princess section on the website:

Seating over 300 people, the Vista Gaming Lounge at the aft of the ship offers ample comfortable seating for quality time with family and friends over tea, plus 16 mahjong tables (some tables featuring advanced technology with 4-way tile distribution and automatic tile shuffling and organization)! Here, you’ll also enjoy comedians, illusionists, and musicians performing on the large stage, as well as instructor-led classes and line dances.

They have more information on the Noodle Bar and Lobster and Dim Sum Bar too (if we get those for the Med season)

Edited by dides

No, the Vista Gaming Lounge will still be used for entertainment according to the new look Majestic Princess section on the website:

Seating over 300 people, the Vista Gaming Lounge at the aft of the ship offers ample comfortable seating for quality time with family and friends over tea, plus 16 mahjong tables (some tables featuring advanced technology with 4-way tile distribution and automatic tile shuffling and organization)! Here, you’ll also enjoy comedians, illusionists, and musicians performing on the large stage, as well as instructor-led classes and line dances.

That mahjong will be interesting!

• 3 weeks later...