Majestic Princess New additions!

princessfanboy

Since MAJESTIC PRINCESS was built for and designed specifically for the CHINESE market, and the demographic and interests of that particular market (and not those of 'Westerners'), with features (restaurants and activities) that would be attractive towards that market, what were the poor decisions Princess Cruises made?

Just curious.

:confused:

Hi Dave! Great to see you posting again. Hope all has been fine with you. We also agree that the ship was built for the Chinese market.

Thanks! :)

It's sad that an independent website has an accurate deck plan but not the Princess website. :(

The Princess website info for the Majestic doesn't have the new video either & only an old video that appears to have been recorded on the Royal or Regal.

The Princess website finally has the new deck plans online [emoji33]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Agree that it looks nice although I don't care for the hull paint. Since the covered pool is called the Hollywood Pool Club, I wonder if they plan to charge extra to use it? The inclusion of the word "club" in the name triggered my suspicions - hope that isn't the case.

My suspicions are the same.....

Bob

I'd love it if they kept both the Lobster Grill and the Noodle Bar, both sound good to me.

Where are we supposed to get pizza & burgers at? One of the things Princess has consistently done right over the years is make the best Pizza at sea. I can't imagine it's all going to come from Alfredo's.....

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

So Dave, when do we see photographic analysis of the Majestic like you've done for other ships. ;)

Hi Frank!

That aspect of my Cruise Critic "career" was officially retired when Regal entered service. Don't think I could even compete with my own threads at this point with the amount of work that went into them.

I'm not expecting to return to Princess Cruises until the 4th or 5th Royal-class, whichever one ends up in the Caribbean in 2020. Until then, my next two cruises will be on Anthem of the Seas (already booked for 2017). I still check in here every so often to see who's doing what.

:D

Hi Dave! Great to see you posting again. Hope all has been fine with you. We also agree that the ship was built for the Chinese market.

Not sure what research Princess Cruises did prior to dedicating this ship to the Chinese market, but I'm sure it was enough to make the kind of decisions made to get rid of some of the more popular venues on the two earlier Royal-class.

;)

Not sure what research Princess Cruises did prior to dedicating this ship to the Chinese market, but I'm sure it was enough to make the kind of decisions made to get rid of some of the more popular venues on the two earlier Royal-class.

;)

Dave, Nice to see you posting on the Princess boards. They have had the Sapphire sailing in China for some time now and should have some "real life" experience and feedback.

Dave, Nice to see you posting on the Princess boards. They have had the Sapphire sailing in China for some time now and should have some "real life" experience and feedback.

Hi Brian!

I'm not completely up to speed on Sapphire Princess and the refit she had prior to being deployed in Japan, but would there be similar interests between that market and the Chinese market to garner so many changes, i.e. more gambling-focused venues and less Americanized burger/pizza joints? I remember being in Japan back in my Navy days and remember seeing entire halls of Pachinko machines!

Didn't the Dawn or the Sun go over there first a couple of years ago?

Because Generoso went there when they first started.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Hi Frank!

That aspect of my Cruise Critic "career" was officially retired when Regal entered service. Don't think I could even compete with my own threads at this point with the amount of work that went into them.

I'm not expecting to return to Princess Cruises until the 4th or 5th Royal-class, whichever one ends up in the Caribbean in 2020. Until then, my next two cruises will be on Anthem of the Seas (already booked for 2017). I still check in here every so often to see who's doing what.

;)

Hi Dave. Nice to see you posting on the Princess boards. Hope all is well.....:):):)

Bob

Hi Dave. Nice to see you posting on the Princess boards. Hope all is well.....:):):)

Bob

Things are going well, Bob! I love the look of the Majestic Princess and wouldn't hesitate booking her if I had the money and time. I do wish Princess Cruises would ditch Princess Live! on the next two Royal-class and put in a real lounge. It would be nice if they weren't all carbon copies of each other. The covered "enclosed" adult-pool idea is one they definitely need to repeat.

Can't wait to get back on a cruise ship, it's been too many years! Unfortunately my tolerance for airports has bottomed out and any future cruise for the next few years will be out of NYC, which I can drive to no problem.

Congratulations on your Elite Qualifier cruise next month! A remarkable accomplishment to be proud of!!!

Things are going well, Bob! I love the look of the Majestic Princess and wouldn't hesitate booking her if I had the money and time. I do wish Princess Cruises would ditch Princess Live! on the next two Royal-class and put in a real lounge. It would be nice if they weren't all carbon copies of each other. The covered "enclosed" adult-pool idea is one they definitely need to repeat.

Can't wait to get back on a cruise ship, it's been too many years! Unfortunately my tolerance for airports has bottomed out and any future cruise for the next few years will be out of NYC, which I can drive to no problem.

Congratulations on your Elite Qualifier cruise next month! A remarkable accomplishment to be proud of!!!

I agree. Really dislike it. :(

Hi Frank!

Your hard work & analysis benefited everyone on CC but I understand that it was very time consuming & we're still benefiting from your informative posts.

Enjoy the Anthem OTS and the main complaint I've read about that class of ship is that a week isn't enough time to experience everything. ;)

The westward deployment of Royal-class ships skipped over the West Coast to Asia & we still hope to get one here so we only have to drive to the Port of LA.

Since MAJESTIC PRINCESS was built for and designed specifically for the CHINESE market, and the demographic and interests of that particular market (and not those of 'Westerners'), with features (restaurants and activities) that would be attractive towards that market, what were the poor decisions Princess Cruises made?

Just curious.

:confused:

You're right; I was looking at it from the wrong perspective, as an American. Hopefully Princess did make the right decisions for China!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The video is intriguing and I can't wait to see her! We're booked on the Rome to Singapore segment next May. One thing I noticed from the video is that the artist's rendering of Deck 7 of the Atrium showed a solid bank of elevators, not a stairway as a lot of people had been hoping for.

The video is intriguing and I can't wait to see her! We're booked on the Rome to Singapore segment next May. One thing I noticed from the video is that the artist's rendering of Deck 7 of the Atrium showed a solid bank of elevators, not a stairway as a lot of people had been hoping for.
The stairs would not be visible from the Atrium because they are behind the elevators.

If the deck plans on the website are accurate, the rumored midship stairs being finished for passenger use above deck 7 is false. A captain was one source quoted in a post so either the captain or the deck plans are wrong.

Edited by Astro Flyer

She is very pretty, Great Video!! No Oceanview rooms... ? Interesting indeed
What would typically have been obstructed oceanview cabins behind the lifeboats on Emerald deck have been converted to obstructed balcony cabins and the area where Plaza deck oceanviews used to be is occupied be the Spa on the Royal class ships.