Majestic Princess New additions!

princessfanboy

After viewing the video I checked the Majestic's current deck plans on their website to see where those new options will be located. After checking them several times none of the new things are shown.

Comparing the Regal's deck plans to Majestic's:

Plaza (5) has unnamed spaces where Gelato's, Celebrations, Internet Cafe, Sabatini's & Piazza Bar are located on the Royal/Regal

Fiesta (6) has an unnamed bar where Club 6 is located.

Promenade (7) has The Duty Free Shops of Princess instead of Calypso Cove & the Art Gallery. The Library is now combined with the Internet Cafe and no Crooner's nor Wheelhouse Bar.

Sun (17) has an unnamed space where The Sanctuary is located.

Obviously the deck plans are not finalized but since Princess is promoting the Majestic's changes they need to update the deck plans. The current deck plans don't show the covered Hollywood Pool Club, Hollywood Conservatory, Le Bistrot, Harmony, Vista Gaming Lounge or Sing on the Sea Karaoke.

Harmony's Cantonese restaurant appears to replace Sabatini's but without updated deck plans we can only guess about where all of the other places will be located.

Based on those deck plans:

Hollywood Pool Club is replacing the windy Retreat Pool and the Hollywood Conservatory is replacing the Sanctuary which might merely be a name change.

Le Bistrot is replacing Crooner's

Vista Gaming Lounge is replacing the Vista Lounge showroom & based on the video it'll be a gaming room & not a second showroom.

Shops of Princess is replacing Celebrations and the Travel Agent Services Desk is in the previous location of the Internet Cafe which has been combined with the Library.

International Cafe seating area has replaced the Piazza Bar which was often already used as IC seating & maybe just a name change.

Song of the Seas Karaoke has replaced some spa message tables.

Harmony restaurant has replaced Sabatini's.

VIP Gaming Room has replaced Club 6 and Private Gaming has replaced Churchill's smoking area.

No Wheelhouse Bar which on the Royal & Regal was a much smaller version adjacent to the Crown Grill

I know from the Royal's first deck plans that some things were modified before completion. I checked the Cruise Decks Plans display to see if midship stairways above deck 7 will be finished for passenger usage. The CDP deck plans show no midship stairways but Princess still shows them up to deck 7.

It'll be interesting to learn more about what to expect on the Majestic & hopefully before her inaugural Med cruises. Although I'm not excited about so many venues becoming gambling locations which apparently appeal to Asian passengers but are of no interest to me. And since the changes are geared for Asian markets, they could care less about what I like. ;)

Thanks! :)

It's sad that an independent website has an accurate deck plan but not the Princess website. :(

The Princess website info for the Majestic doesn't have the new video either & only an old video that appears to have been recorded on the Royal or Regal.

Love Princess but you sometimes shake your head as to how they do things.

That said, we're booked on the Rome to Shanghai and can't wait. Like most of the features of the Royal/Regal so looking forward to any new innovations.

Very nice indeed and will suit us aussies nicely ta.

Even if she dosent get down here,its only a hop,skip and a jump to Singapore etc.:):)

Lovely.

Being so similar to the Royal and the Regal I'm betting you folks down under will love it.

will the Hollywood conservatory have a fee associated with it. Will the covered pool still be free?

I haven't read whether either will have a fee however since the Hollywood Conservatory is replacing the Sanctuary I'd think it'll still have a fee & possibly also the covered Hollywood Pool Club.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Obviously the deck plans are not finalized but since Princess is promoting the Majestic's changes they need to update the deck plans. The current deck plans don't show the covered Hollywood Pool Club, Hollywood Conservatory, Le Bistrot, Harmony, Vista Gaming Lounge or Sing on the Sea Karaoke.

Harmony's Cantonese restaurant appears to replace Sabatini's but without updated deck plans we can only guess about where all of the other places will be located.

Frank, my best bet is that the Hollywood Pool Club will replace the Retreat and it is covered!. On the deck plans the Retreat pool is shaped like the pool in the Hollywood Pool Club. The Hollywood Conservatory replaces the Sanctuary, the Vista Gaming Lounge replaces the Vista Lounge, World Fresh Marketplace replaces part or all of the Horizon Court, Harmony replaces Sabatini's, Le Bistrot probably replaces Crooners and I have no idea about Sing on the Sea Karaoke. With that new bridge that just opened, the Sea Walk will seem quite tame. I hope to be able to report back after we board her on April 16th.

Update: Having looked at the new deck plans it looks like I got it right [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by IECalCruiser

I haven't read whether either will have a fee however since the Hollywood Conservatory is replacing the Sanctuary I'd think it'll still have a fee & possibly also the covered Hollywood Pool Club.

That would be disappointing i.e pool. However lets see :)

Frank, my best bet is that the Hollywood Pool Club will replace the Retreat and it is covered!. On the deck plans the Retreat pool is shaped like the pool in the Hollywood Pool Club. The Hollywood Conservatory replaces the Sanctuary, the Vista Gaming Lounge replaces the Vista Lounge, World Fresh Marketplace replaces part or all of the Horizon Court, Harmony replaces Sabatini's, Le Bistrot probably replaces Crooners and I have no idea about Sing on the Sea Karaoke. With that new bridge that just opened, the Sea Walk will seem quite tame. I hope to be able to report back after we board her on April 16th.

Update: Having looked at the new deck plans it looks like I got it right [emoji6]

Brian, we're both seeing the same thing because your research matches my previous analysis of the deck plans. ;)

Sing on the Seas Karaoke is shown where spa massage tables are located on the Royal & Regal; gaming areas have replaced Club 6 and Churchill's; Shops of Princess replaced Gelato's.

Looking forward to reading about your Majestic cruise...it's exciting to try something new.

Edited by Astro Flyer

We're thinking of booking the 16 April cruise now having seen the video. Don't want to miss out on the new ship before it goes to China :(

Edited by Geoffa30

Just noticed that the Trident Grill and Prego Pizza have been replaced by the Lobster Grill and the Noodle Bar. At least there is an Alfredo's Pizzeria [emoji4] but no pizza by the slice [emoji33]

They can be converted if brought back to North America.

Video looks awesome.

I am booked on the April 9th cruise I was lucky it coincided with my daughters school break she doesn't even have to miss 1 day:D

Although I am a little nervous in hindsight.

I booked a new ship, hope delivered onetime and kinks worked out.

And I just realized this will be my 13th cruise. And day after I booked my airfare to Rome there was an earthquake.:o

Kerri

A couple of other changes. The Princess Live! Cafe Bar is replaced by the Leaves Tea Bar, the Internet Cafe is being squeezed into the Library and the Ocean Terrace Seafood Bar is now called the Ocean Terrace Juice Bar.

It is unfortunate that the only two entertainment venues are now the Princess Theater and Princess Live! The Vista Lounge and Club 6 are gone. I guess the Chinese will be gambling the night away [emoji848]

DH has zero interest in the Majestic after watching the video and learning of the changes. I'm mixed; I like the new French restaurant but am not at all happy about losing Trident Grill and Prego. The indoor pool is nice, but I like having an outdoor adults only pool, too. I think Princess made both some improvements and some poor decisions. We were considering the repo cruise next summer, but it doesn't look like that will be happening now!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

DH has zero interest in the Majestic after watching the video and learning of the changes. I'm mixed; I like the new French restaurant but am not at all happy about losing Trident Grill and Prego. The indoor pool is nice, but I like having an outdoor adults only pool, too. I think Princess made both some improvements and some poor decisions. We were considering the repo cruise next summer, but it doesn't look like that will be happening now!

Since MAJESTIC PRINCESS was built for and designed specifically for the CHINESE market, and the demographic and interests of that particular market (and not those of 'Westerners'), with features (restaurants and activities) that would be attractive towards that market, what were the poor decisions Princess Cruises made?

Just curious.

:confused:

Since MAJESTIC PRINCESS was built for and designed specifically for the CHINESE market, and the demographic and interests of that particular market (and not those of 'Westerners'), with features (restaurants and activities) that would be attractive towards that market, what were the poor decisions Princess Cruises made?

Just curious.

:confused:

Exactly! The video piqued my interest in sailing the Majestic next summer in the Med but after researching the changes decided that overall the Majestic wasn't a good option for me. I think there are some good changes from other Royal-class ships such as a covered pool. Although being the Hollywood Pool Club the name seems to be an indication that there'll be a fee like for the adjacent Hollywood Conservatory that's replacing The Sanctuary.

Not being from China I'm not the demographic the ship was designed to attract & for me there are too many spaces dedicated to gaming. With the Princess Theater & Princess Live being the only remaining entertainment venues that's a deal breaker for me.

So Dave, when do we see photographic analysis of the Majestic like you've done for other ships. ;)

Edited by Astro Flyer