Case of water

QTBabyNurse

When we bring the water he still eats the same food and his legs and feet don't swell, so it doesn't' seem to be that. True they cook with more salt than I do at home, but we are careful with our choices in food as well. If his legs and feet are all swollen, then it is not a good cruise for him, even with compression hose, etc. Bringing the water makes a difference for him. So we are glad we are able to bring the water, for me the ship water is fine.

Cori

I mentioned that because I think I read a post not too long ago from an experienced poster here on CC, Chengpk75 who has been/is is Chief Engineer on ships stated that sodium was not added to the ships water.

Maybe its already in the water.

We used to cart on our own 24-pack but now purchase two 12-packs. So much easier. However, on embarkation day it is a bit challenging to get it delivered due to the phone being busy. We received vouchers in our stateroom to redeem for the water. Since we couldn't get through on the phone to have it delivered, (line busy or just kept ringing with no answer) we walked to the purser's desk and they called room service number for us, room service picked up right away and we spoke to them and asked for water delivery. By the time we had returned to our cabin one hour later the water was there

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How do you suggest cleaning and sanitizing your refillable water

bottle during the cruise? In the bathroom sink, that 1000 previous

passengers have spit into?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/08/11/warning-over-refillable-water-bottles-is-yours-harbouring-danger/

Can I assume you would not wash your hands using that sink?

I mentioned that because I think I read a post not too long ago from an experienced poster here on CC, Chengpk75 who has been/is is Chief Engineer on ships stated that sodium was not added to the ships water.

Yes, I don't know why he has the problem with the water, but I do know that a lot of other people also have the same problem, there have been a lot of threads on CC regarding it. We are just glad that they let us bring a case of water on board , it really makes a difference for my DH.

Cori

I would agree that there isn't added sodium in the water but we find that the flavour of the ships water varies considerably during a cruise; sometimes it tastes of chemicals - usually chlorine. On our last cruise there were times when the water in the dining room was unpalatable and we had to buy bottled.

We always preorder 24 bottles of water for use in the cabin and taking on trips out and carry on cans of soda and tonic; we don't like the brands of tonic on the ship - we're quite fussy about our G&T!

Anyone know what brand of water is used when you pre-order the 12pack online?

Same as the other poste DH has a favorite and says some taste bad...he is a chef so perhaps his palette is more sensitive than mine although I do not care for one brand sold here locally...so go figure.

We had no issue in 2014 in Houston or LA in 2013.

Ships don't add sodium to the water, nor is it in the water in large quantities. Shore water (a portion of the water used onboard) will have sodium levels at whatever the municipality has (Miami's latest report was 40ppm average, NYC ranged from 9-63ppm). Some water made onboard is from evaporators, which produce distilled water with less than 1ppm sodium, and the rest is from Reverse Osmosis water makers that will dump the product to sea if the sodium is above 20ppm.

The only chemicals added to ship's water is calcium carbonate (read the Tums ingredients list) to neutralize the slight acidity of distilled water.

Chlorine has been linked to water retention because it replaces iodine in the thyroid, causing a lower metabolism, hence water retention.

As for washing out the water bottle, who cares what might be on the sink surface, though it is cleaned daily, since I can wash something in any sink without touching the surfaces. Soap and hot water, and you're good to go.

Ships don't add sodium to the water, nor is it in the water in large quantities. Shore water (a portion of the water used onboard) will have sodium levels at whatever the municipality has (Miami's latest report was 40ppm average, NYC ranged from 9-63ppm). Some water made onboard is from evaporators, which produce distilled water with less than 1ppm sodium, and the rest is from Reverse Osmosis water makers that will dump the product to sea if the sodium is above 20ppm.

The only chemicals added to ship's water is calcium carbonate (read the Tums ingredients list) to neutralize the slight acidity of distilled water.

Chlorine has been linked to water retention because it replaces iodine in the thyroid, causing a lower metabolism, hence water retention.

As for washing out the water bottle, who cares what might be on the sink surface, though it is cleaned daily, since I can wash something in any sink without touching the surfaces. Soap and hot water, and you're good to go.

It is interesting about the swelling thing.

My rings are always stuck.

My knees are always swollen. We walk alot. Probably 8-12 miles a day.

They will let you take water (and soda) but we haven't in years because we've been doing the ultimate drink package. We get large bottles for our table (they treat it like wine and brink it back to your table every evening) and for our room. But the also supply the smaller 1/2 liter when you leave at the various ports.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can I assume you would not wash your hands using that sink?

If you'd like.

You can safely assume I wouldn't eat out of it.

I once dropped a perscription tablet in a princess cabin

bathroom. It rolled far under the useless shelf.

As far as I know, it's still there, as I took a new one.

If you'd like.

You can safely assume I wouldn't eat out of it.

I once dropped a perscription tablet in a princess cabin

bathroom. It rolled far under the useless shelf.

As far as I know, it's still there, as I took a new one.

Note to add to packing list - vacuum with full attachments to pick up all gifts left by previous passengers for my grandchildren.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk