Drinks package NO water included

Suzez

We had it on the Divina in May, each time we went past the bar we got a bottle. We had the lower priced all inclusive drinks the prosecco one.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thank you, I recall reading somewhere a while ago that it was not provided free at dinner and that you had to buy it by the bottle.

That is correct if you are from Europe!

We have booked our first cruise with MSC for next year and I am researching everything at the moment.

I had heard from friends who cruised with them about 4 years ago that water was not included at dinner. In my research I found a reference from August 2015 water was provided free to guests from America and Canada but Europeans had to pay. I can't post a link as it was not directly from the MSC site but if you Google the question "is water provided at dinner on MSC ".

Apparently , from a thread in 2014 , when Americans and Canadians check in they get a voucher booklet for bottled water to present at dinner to their waiter.

I haven't managed to find out yet exactly how much a bottle of water is at dinner.

More research ,lol :) It is all very confusing and contradictory. We do not want a drinks package either.

Edited by heatherb1958

That is correct if you are from Europe!

We have booked our first cruise with MSC for next year and I am researching everything at the moment.

I had heard from friends who cruised with them about 4 years ago that water was not included at dinner. In my research I found a reference from August 2015 water was provided free to guests from America and Canada but Europeans had to pay. I can't post a link as it was not directly from the MSC site but if you Google the question "is water provided at dinner on MSC ".

Apparently , from a thread in 2014 , when Americans and Canadians check in they get a voucher booklet for bottled water to present at dinner to their waiter.

I haven't managed to find out yet exactly how much a bottle of water is at dinner.

More research ,lol :) It is all very confusing and contradictory. We do not want a drinks package either.

Forgot to say I am researching for a cruise out of Barcelona

Hi Heather and Suze - with the Allegrissimo drinks package, which is £20 per person per day and is the 'all inclusive' package, bottled water is included in your package, either small or large bottles, still and sparkling.

If you don't have allegrisimo or cheers drinks package, then you would have to pay for water with lunch or dinner (at breakfast waiters have glasses on trays, together with glasses of juice and tea / coffee)

I believe the current drinks packages do not include water. Does this mean we have to buy bottled water at the dinner table or do they provide tap water as one would expect?

Thanks

Water is included , except the water in your cabin.

In Europe water at meal times is served by the bottle, still or sparkling

It also available at all the bars.

here is the current info

ALLEGRISSIMO ADULT - ALL INCLUSIVE UNLIMITED DRINKS

*Starting from summer 2017, the Allegrissimo package will be renamed All-Inclusive Restaurant & Bar Drink Package

Drink when you want, where you want, in total freedom!

Unlimited consumption of alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, including a wide range of drinks and cocktails from the bar list, a dedicated selection of wines by the glass, draught beer, an extensive selection of sodas, fruit juices and classic hot beverages (coffee espresso, cappuccino…) as well as takeaway ice cream in a cone or cup.

The following items are not included in this offer: cigars, cigarettes, champagne, premium brands, mini bar, water in your cabin, room service, souvenir glasses and all food on payment. Some of the drinks from our bar and wine lists are excluded from Allegrissimo package; those items are indicated with an asterisk.

The drinks included in the package can be consumed in all bars and restaurants, including the speciality restaurants and themed venues.

*Book before you depart to get the best possible deal. The package is valid for every day of the cruise and cannot be purchases on a daily basis. It must be booked by all guests occupying the same cabin, or just travelling together and wishing to eat at the same table, including minors - between 3 and 17 years of age (i.e. who have not yet reached their 18th birthday) or, between 3 and 20 years of age (i.e. who have not yet reached their 21st birthday) for the Caribbean departures), who must book the Child version of the package. The package is not obligatory for Infants under 3 years old (i.e. who have not yet reached their 3rd birthday). The price of the package applies to each day of the cruise except the day of disembarkation. The package is for personal use only and valid for one order at a time. The ID card is non-transferrable. Abusing the terms of the all-inclusive package may cause the service to be withdrawn and the remaining days not to be refunded.

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Do I understand this thread right, water is for sale during the meals even in a glass? Now I understand why NCL Epic cost almost $4000 more than MSC Meraviglia!

Bottles of water, are for sale, during meals, to those who have not bought a drinks package or vouchers which include water as an option.

They do not sell water by the glass.

Pete

Do I understand this thread right, water is for sale during the meals even in a glass? Now I understand why NCL Epic cost almost $4000 more than MSC Meraviglia!

Oh, I don't know, I'm thinking $4000 would buy one heck of a lot of water... our cruise in a Fantastica balcony during the holidays, is costing around that much... including add-ons such as flights.

Not sure what you'd get for that on NCL.. just for a little perspective, a suite we had booked on the Dawn (same holiday) was $3800 pp

However, to each his own, as I've said in the past, vive la différence.

$4000 more to go on Epic? Keep it. Horrible ship with bad service, bizarre cabins and badly cooked food. Worst holiday I ever booked.

I dont agree with you. We have been on the Epic twice and really loved it. No bad fond, service or cabin!!!

Edited by sverigecruiser

Quite frankly, if you consider $4000 to be worth going on NCL Epic as opposed to MSC Divina then why even look at MSC? MSC is different and offers different things which excites us but, if you don't like the idea of having a different experience, so be it.

It's really all about what you enjoy, no one is twisting your arm to cruise on MSC.

Enjoy your cruise,

Quite frankly, if you consider $4000 to be worth going on NCL Epic as opposed to MSC Divina then why even look at MSC? MSC is different and offers different things which excites us but, if you don't like the idea of having a different experience, so be it.

It's really all about what you enjoy, no one is twisting your arm to cruise on MSC.

Enjoy your cruise,

We have decided that it's not worth $4000 extra for the Epic and that's why we have booked a Yacht Club suite on Meraviglia instead of a Haven suite on the Epic.

We like the idea of having a different experience so that's another reason to skip NCL.

We have decided that it's not worth $4000 extra for the Epic and that's why we have booked a Yacht Club suite on Meraviglia instead of a Haven suite on the Epic.

We like the idea of having a different experience so that's another reason to skip NCL.

That's great, hope you enjoy cruise on Meraviglia.

Sorry if I misunderstood what you meant about the money thing. I've cruised on NCL ships a number of times including the Epic and while it's an OK experience, IMO, change is good.

Enjoy,

• 1 month later...

Thanks for all of your replies.

Our sailing is from Southampton next September. I have tried researching this more. Still mixed responses on the water served in a glass at the dinner able. I have a freind that has just returned and will ask them. Next years package is different so whats happening now, may be different next year. I guess we will have to wait until next year. We plan to pre book our packages.