Majesty Drink Package not valid on Coco Cay?

Can anyone confirm or deny this? RCCL website says drink packages can be used on their private islands, and I have used mine on Coco Cay when we sailed on Freedom. However, I am reading VERY RECENT reviews on this Majesty of the Seas and am hearing that the drink packages are NOT WORKING/NOT VALID on Coco Cay....

Anyone experiencing a problem who recently sailed on Majesty and got off on Coco Cay.

That can make a difference in purchasing a drink package or not.

Here is a quote from a review dated 8/18/16 "The drink card does not work on CoCo Cay and you are onshore at Nassau all day, so there is just not a lot of time to drink unless you are slamming them down at night or if you are sharing one card per family--if that is even possible."

Edited by mickeychicky
add

maybe a previous Carnival cruiser, their drink package does not work on the private islands, and they did stop at Coco Cay for a while, Royals has always worked for me

Edited by uksimonusa

Technically they are right, the card doesn't work on CoCo Cay, at least it didn't the last time I was there they had no scanners, everything was done by hand. I would suspect that they are referring to the souvenir glasses. Everything except a can of beer comes in some type of souvenir glass on the island unless you specifically ask for it not to, and those they charge for.

Is it possible that it was the 10 drink card or whatever number on a card and not the package? We have not had issues using our drink package on the private islands on non souvenir drinks.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

We sailed 8/12 - 15th, premium package worked fine on CocoCay.

I made frequent purchases at the bar between main beach and jet ski rentals. They have cash registers setup, and scans always showed 0 for beers and Captain and Coke. Didn't attempt to buy anything over $12 though.:D

There were servers walking around with souvenir glasses and frozen drinks, I didn't try those.

We paid in advance for our drink package and our seapass card had PP stamped on it when it was given to us.

I have never heard of the 10 drink card before. Is it something new?

I first saw it late last year. It's not universally available, and if it is offered, it's usually offered later in the cruise.

I first saw it late last year. It's not universally available, and if it is offered, it's usually offered later in the cruise.

Thank you for the response. We don't drink enough to warrant buying the drink package. If they offered a 10 drink card that might be something we would look into.

Thank you for the response. We don't drink enough to warrant buying the drink package. If they offered a 10 drink card that might be something we would look into.

It's very useful for us because it can be shared.

We were on Majesty of the Seas last week. We had the soda package and were able to use it without problem at the bars on CocoCay. We did take our cup that came with the package and we did have to show our card with the drink package emblem on it each time. No problems.

We were at CocoCay on Sunday and had no issues using the drink packages. The one caveat is that roaming bar servers were only carrying drinks (Coco Loco) in souvenir cups. You could still use the drink package it was just $3 for the cup with no charge for the drink. Other than that it worked great.