Oasis of the Seas Dress Code

We will be sailing on RCCL for the 1st time next fall with my son in law. He is from a small town in the Midwest and jeans and a t shirt is as dressy as he gets. Will he be turned away from any restaurants on the ship? We have cruised on Carnival with him and had no problems in the main dining room, I just wonder does RCCL enforce a stricter dress code?

Agree that dress code suggestions are not enforced. However, depending on the jeans and T-shirts he chooses to wear he may feel out of place in MDR. Suggest a collared shirt/polo shirt and "smart" jeans not ones he has used for "working in." Also, be aware that tank tops on men are not allowed in MDR, also watch any sayings on the t-shirts.

You might also want to point out that jeans can be very hot in the Caribbean. Also if he is a hunter/military camo type that camouflage clothing is not allowed on many of the islands.

We will be sailing on RCCL for the 1st time next fall with my son in law. He is from a small town in the Midwest and jeans and a t shirt is as dressy as he gets. Will he be turned away from any restaurants on the ship? We have cruised on Carnival with him and had no problems in the main dining room, I just wonder does RCCL enforce a stricter dress code?

He should be fine. But, you could buy him a polo shirt and just pack it and not tell him unless he needs it

Enforcement of the dress code is hit or miss. He might be turned away, especially on formal nights. Jeans are generally dress jeans and collared shirts are what is requested for dinner. How does he feel about following the dress code? What would he wear to a wedding or funeral? I have not sailed Carnival, but the vast majority of people on RCI do follow the dress code. Maybe his wife could pick up a few shirts for him.

Agree that dress code suggestions are not enforced. However, depending on the jeans and T-shirts he chooses to wear he may feel out of place in MDR. Suggest a collared shirt/polo shirt and "smart" jeans not ones he has used for "working in." Also, be aware that tank tops on men are not allowed in MDR, also watch any sayings on the t-shirts.

You might also want to point out that jeans can be very hot in the Caribbean. Also if he is a hunter/military camo type that camouflage clothing is not allowed on many of the islands.

Fully agree.

I never went to the MDR because I don't want to dress up on vacation (I wear a uniform everyday to work) but I do agree it is not strict on the Oasis but people really do go all out on formal nights. I felt underdressed on the Royal Promenade on these nights. I had only cruised Disney before and people definitely took formal night way more serious on the Oasis.

As above, I would pack at least one polo or collared shirt just in case!;) Be sure to go to the Oasis blog for your specific week's cruise to chat with your fellow cruisers going on the same week as you!:cool: I've posted the link for you to find your week below:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=549

Happy cruising!!:D