bringing Pepsi on board -- allowed?

teamteddybear

Hello. In December 2014 my wife and I sailed on Coral Princess out of Ft. Lauderdale and we brought on board 24 20 oz. bottles of Pepsi. (My wife's only drink -- she doesn't drink Coke products.) We carried the Pepsi in a roll-aboard bag and had no problems.

Is this still allowed or in the two years since has Princess had a change of policy such that we could no longer bring aboard our own Pepsi for cruises departing Ft. Lauderdale?

I've spoken with Princess and gotten both an "It's OK" and a "No," so I'm hoping someone out there in Cruise Critic land knows what's really happening.

Thanks.

Gil (TeamTeddyBear)

I'm not sure if they allow bottles or if you can only bring cans. Carnival changed last year to that restriction and they are owned by the same parent company.

Princess allows soda & water in either cans or bottles and both cruise lines have different rules. Apparently smuggling booze on Princess is not nearly as bad as on Carnival.

Princess allows soda & water in either cans or bottles and both cruise lines have different rules. Apparently smuggling booze on Princess is not nearly as bad as on Carnival.

Thanks again to everyone for these replies. Interesting that cans would be allowed but not bottles. Security concern with plastic bottles vs aluminum cans?

Gil

TeamTeddyBear

Thanks again to everyone for these replies. Interesting that cans would be allowed but not bottles. Security concern with plastic bottles vs aluminum cans?

Gil

TeamTeddyBear

I suggest the difference is that someone could smuggle booze in a softdrink bottle, but they cannot put it in a can and re-seal it. :) I have never done either because we do not drink spirits, but I can imagine it.

Hello. In December 2014 my wife and I sailed on Coral Princess out of Ft. Lauderdale and we brought on board 24 20 oz. bottles of Pepsi. (My wife's only drink -- she doesn't drink Coke products.) We carried the Pepsi in a roll-aboard bag and had no problems.

Is this still allowed or in the two years since has Princess had a change of policy such that we could no longer bring aboard our own Pepsi for cruises departing Ft. Lauderdale?

I've spoken with Princess and gotten both an "It's OK" and a "No," so I'm hoping someone out there in Cruise Critic land knows what's really happening.

Thanks.

Gil (TeamTeddyBear)

Bring on as much as you want.

Yes, you are allowed.

Put your 12 packs or 18 packs in a suitcase, slap a luggage tag on it and let the porters do the heavy lifting for you. It will be delivered to your cabin with the rest of your luggage.

On last spring's TA my friends used an old "Omaha Steaks" styrofoam cooler for their soft drinks. They taped it up, used a luggage tag, checked it and in the room they kept it full of ice. When the cruise was over it was discarded.

Another hard core Pepsiholic here😃! A couple, or so, months ago there was an active thread touting Princess' contract with CokaCola ending and that they (Princess) was going with Pepsi. Has anything further come out about that, or perhaps it was another case of phishing🤔.

Put your 12 packs or 18 packs in a suitcase, slap a luggage tag on it and let the porters do the heavy lifting for you. It will be delivered to your cabin with the rest of your luggage.

No not a great idea. We did that and it leaked, it was also all over all the other peoples luggage:(

I can't believe I did that! Much better to keep it in a carry on or buy some more in port!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by CMM

• 2 weeks later...

I confirmed with a friend at Cunard (parent company) that it is OK to bring your own Pepsi onto Princess ships.

Was told the following information needs to be labeled on the soda: Name, booking number, and cabin. Each individual bottle/can does not need to be labeled. If the soda comes in cases/packs just one label on each case/pack will suffice.

Depending on size of the cases or how it's packaged security will decide if the soda can fit through the hand-carry screener or if it will need to be put through luggage screening equipment, hence the labeling.

Hope that helps others.

I confirmed with a friend at Cunard (parent company) that it is OK to bring your own Pepsi onto Princess ships.

Was told the following information needs to be labeled on the soda: Name, booking number, and cabin. Each individual bottle/can does not need to be labeled. If the soda comes in cases/packs just one label on each case/pack will suffice.

Depending on size of the cases or how it's packaged security will decide if the soda can fit through the hand-carry screener or if it will need to be put through luggage screening equipment, hence the labeling.

Hope that helps others.

Cunard is a company under the Carnival Corporation umbrella, it is not a parent company of Princess.