Live From The Caribbean Princess Iceland & Norway Explorer September 5, 2016

Woobstr112G

Enjoying your live reports! Looking forward to experiencing this trip "really live" in 2017.

For TracieABD (whose writing I also always enjoy immensely) - try the Ex Officio Rain Logic Trench. Best I've ever found.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for that! That jacket is cute cute!

I have just found a down puffy coat (yep, another puffy coat) that self-stores into a travel pillow ! And it is water repellant! And it is machine washable!

I just love a great travel find!

Thoroughly enjoying your "live" thread. Just as I was wishing we could run in to you sometime on a cruise, I noticed you are on the Pacific Panama cruise next May. We just booked that, so we will indeed get to meet you!!! Have a fabulous time!!!

Hi again,

Thanks for the listing of the ships officers, I know the food and beverage and Cruise Director, but that is it. What I am really interested in is the cruise staff that runs the trivias and games and all of the social doings. They usually introduce them at the welcome aboard party. If you see any of them, I would appreciate their names.

Thanks again,

Joyce

My husband always says I'm happiest when I have a cruise booked as I research the thing to death.

That's so funny' date=' we booked another cruise while aboard the Island in April. When I asked why DH was so insistent on doing it NOW, he gave exactly the same reason! It was too cute! We are both lucky ladies! :D[/font']

Thanks for that! That jacket is cute cute!

I have just found a down puffy coat (yep, another puffy coat) that self-stores into a travel pillow ! And it is water repellant! And it is machine washable!

I just love a great travel find!

Hi TracieLyn!

I googled that jacket too as soon as I read about it, but I need something a bit warmer for our Cape Horn cruise in January, your puffy wonder that becomes a travel pillow sounds like a winner, care to share the brand?? Here in Southern Calif I don't even wear socks, let alone own a warm jacket! :p

Thanks!

Following along and enjoying your Live from. Looking forward to hearing about the ports, especially, Iceland as we're on a TA next Sept from Southampton to New York with 3 Iceland ports.

Also curious about the 'non-EU' passport holder lecture, as although UK resident still traveling on US passport and haven't run into anything like this before.

Beth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All non-EU pax were required to go to Club Fusion with their passports and sea cards so that the Netherlands authorities could check and stamp the passports. After stamping the passports ship personnel scanned our sea cards and gave us a white card that showed we had our passports checked. We were required to show the card when we left the ship. We have also been required to take our passports with us when we exited the ship in Normandy and Rotterdam although no one asked to see them on shore. From what others have said this is a new requirement most likely due to what has happened in France and Belgium in the last 6 or so months.

The ship had times posted to do this depending on what deck you were on. The ship arrived in Rotterdam at noon and the passport check started at 8:30 AM and continued up until we docked.

29481589046_5e06c19f49.jpg

Good morning from the Caribbean Princes. It is 0930 local time as we are at sea headed to Bergen Norway. Today we have our Meet & Greet at 1100. I am really looking forward to finally putting faces to the CC names of fellow cruisers I've gotten to know on line over the past 18 months. I'm sure it will be a great time.

We unfortunately did not go to the CG last night for dinner. A little later, I am going to contact the head waiter that runs Sabatini's breakfast, who also is the HW for the CG, to see if it is possible to go tonight or tomorrow.

After the Meet and Greet, I am going to try on my tux to see if it fits. Tonight is our first of three formal nights. I am hoping that it fits:). DW has a hair appointment later to get all dolled up for the festivities tonight. We are still traditionalists and love getting dressed up for formal nights.

Earlier this morning, I enjoyed the suite perk of Sabatini's breakfast. The service was great and the mimosas and eggs benedict were both very tasty. An added bonus was that two of the waiters from last year's cruise are once again working in Sabatini's for breakfast.

Not much more to report. After the Meet and Greet is over and I try on my tux, I will probably spend some time starting to catalog and touch up my pictures for eventual uploading to my flickr site when we get home. I also hope to find an hour or so to hit the gym.

More later.....:):):)

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

Hi Woobstr112G,

I am boarding the Caribbean Princess on September 22nd so I will just miss you. I wonder if you can give me the names of the Cruise Staff if you are able.....I like to bring little gifts to them especially if I have sailed with them a few times before. Enjoy your cruise and keep up the great Live from.

Thanks,

Joyce

Hello Joyce. Check post #128. I listed all of the ship's officers and staff. Let me know if there are others who you'd like me to get the names of.....:):):)

Bob

Hi again,

Thanks for the listing of the ships officers, I know the food and beverage and Cruise Director, but that is it. What I am really interested in is the cruise staff that runs the trivias and games and all of the social doings. They usually introduce them at the welcome aboard party. If you see any of them, I would appreciate their names.

Thanks again,

Joyce

Hello again Joyce. I posted before I saw your first post. I will try and do my best to get some names for you. Not sure how successful I'll be, but I will give it a shot.....:):):)

Bob

Thoroughly enjoying your "live" thread. Just as I was wishing we could run in to you sometime on a cruise, I noticed you are on the Pacific Panama cruise next May. We just booked that, so we will indeed get to meet you!!! Have a fabulous time!!!

It is looking like DW and I will be cancelling that cruise. I originally booked it as a backstop for this cruise which we almost had to cancel:( I will make a final decision after we get home.....

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

Hi socaljo! It's a Tumi....or at least Tumi makes a cute one. Thanks for the heads up, TracieABD....looks like it might work for me on this itinerary in 2017!

Reading every post and committing all the pointers and details to memory as waiting until next year is so hard!

Hi TracieLyn!

I googled that jacket too as soon as I read about it, but I need something a bit warmer for our Cape Horn cruise in January, your puffy wonder that becomes a travel pillow sounds like a winner, care to share the brand?? Here in Southern Calif I don't even wear socks, let alone own a warm jacket! :p

Thanks!

It is by Tumi.

Here is a link:

http://www.tumi.com/p/women%27s---clairmont-packable-travel-puffer-jacket-015817BBYXL

Good luck!

Hi socaljo! It's a Tumi....or at least Tumi makes a cute one. Thanks for the heads up, TracieABD....looks like it might work for me on this itinerary in 2017!

Reading every post and committing all the pointers and details to memory as waiting until next year is so hard!

Jinx!

All non-EU pax were required to go to Club Fusion with their passports and sea cards so that the Netherlands authorities could check and stamp the passports. After stamping the passports ship personnel scanned our sea cards and gave us a white card that showed we had our passports checked. We were required to show the card when we left the ship. We have also been required to take our passports with us when we exited the ship in Normandy and Rotterdam although no one asked to see them on shore. From what others have said this is a new requirement most likely due to what has happened in France and Belgium in the last 6 or so months.

The ship had times posted to do this depending on what deck you were on. The ship arrived in Rotterdam at noon and the passport check started at 8:30 AM and continued up until we docked.

Thanks for the info. Looking forward to this new experience on our pando cruise to Amsterdam next month, then.

It is looking like DW and I will be cancelling that cruise. I originally booked it as a backstop for this cruise which we almost had to cancel:( I will make a final decision after we get home.....

Bob

Oh, sorry to hear that. It's a backup cruise for us too. We had to cancel our Sydney-Vancouver cruise for health reasons...doc's won't let me fly that far or be gone that long anymore. Hope you might change your mind tho :) Happy cruising!!

Joyce, if you see this, Hi! We were with you on the Royal this June....you joined the ship a week after us. We met at the MTP parties.

Edited by Murphey

Thanks for the info. Looking forward to this new experience on our pando cruise to Amsterdam next month, then.

I found out from several Dutch yesterday this is not new but routine due to the fact that the UK and Ireland were never part of the Schglan accord and although were and still are part of the EU they never had "open boarders" with the rest of the EU countries. I was sitting on the train to Amsterdam with a lady that lives in Dublin but is Dutch and works for the EU. Mike

Hi! Hope everyone on board is having a great time. My friends are cruising with you so I'm loving this thread. Their names are Gene & Nadine from Long Island and Harriet from Boston. If you happen to meet them, please tell them Eleanor sends her love.

Wishing you all smooth sailing & sunny skies 😎