Live From The Caribbean Princess Iceland & Norway Explorer September 5, 2016

Woobstr112G

Have a great cruise and I will be following along too!

This itinerary is on my bucket list and my cruise buddy and friend hope to take this cruise in the near future. I love traveling in September so I will be anxious to read about how the trip goes!

Happy sails :D

Hi Bob

So glad to hear you and Holli are going on this cruise; I remember it was touch and go there for a bit.

Take care of the CB; we board in 65 days, 12 hours, 15 minutes and 34 seconds. :p:p:p

I'll be following along, as we are doing this similar itinerary next year on the Crown. (my husband is an educator, and will be retiring at the end of the school year. So, our first chance to do a transatlantic) I enjoyed your "live" last year. Enjoy the anticipation of soon being on the way.

Jan

Good afternoon all. DW & I will be leaving for London on Friday for a short two day stay in Southampton before boarding the CB on Monday for the cruise. While in Southampton, we will be staying at the Grand Harbor hotel. We did the almost identical itinerary last year and loved it so much we are doing it again. An added bonus is this is our elite qualifier and we will be in the GS.

Let the fun begin.....:):):)

Bob

Bob, do you plan any London days after your cruise? I lived there from '74 to 86 before going to work for RCCL and ended up living in the USA. My last visit was in 94 and so I am always looking for tales of modern London via CC.

Do you still have the Canon 70D? I was wondering if you are familiar with Miaminice's latest Iceland review on the Celebrity Board? He rented cars at each Iceland port and found some great scenic places to visit.

http://www.travelandcruise.net/travellove_en/Our-Trips/Eclipse-Iceland-1/eclipse-iceland-1.html

Worth a close look....

The Grand Suite on the CB should be a stunner and may erase your memories of your aft suite on the Royal...

Norris

Bob, do you plan any London days after your cruise? I lived there from '74 to 86 before going to work for RCCL and ended up living in the USA. My last visit was in 94 and so I am always looking for tales of modern London via CC.

Do you still have the Canon 70D? I was wondering if you are familiar with Miaminice's latest Iceland review on the Celebrity Board? He rented cars at each Iceland port and found some great scenic places to visit.

http://www.travelandcruise.net/travellove_en/Our-Trips/Eclipse-Iceland-1/eclipse-iceland-1.html

Worth a close look....

The Grand Suite on the CB should be a stunner and may erase your memories of your aft suite on the Royal...

Norris

Hi Norris. No days in London this time around. We stayed 4 nights there last year. This combined with wanting to save a little money helped me to decide on a two night stay in Southampton. I still have the 70 D. I will definitely check out the link.....:):):)

Bob

Well I got my packing all done. Not sure about DW's packing. I've mentioned this before that I learned long ago to not get involved with her packing chronicles.....:D:D:D

Perhaps you should wheel your luggage out to the curb and wait for the limo. Holli will join you Friday... :rolleyes:

No days in London this time around. We stayed 4 nights there last year.

We love London! It has been way too long. We're planning to stay in London next August in an Airbnb for 5-6 nights between cruises before flying to Copenhagen.

PNG%20Sig_zps9bcbhaj9.png

Perhaps you should wheel your luggage out to the curb and wait for the limo. Holli will join you Friday... :rolleyes:

We love London! It has been way too long. We're planning to stay in London next August in an Airbnb for 5-6 nights between cruises before flying to Copenhagen.

PNG%20Sig_zps9bcbhaj9.png

Lew;

I don't think that work out to well for me.....:D:D:D

Bob

Good morning all. Well kick off day is here. Today is my last day at work before kick off for vacation. I have to go in later for about four hours for a meeting then it's goodbye work:). You'd think I'd be catching up on sleep instead of being up at 0340; nope. When I get this close to a cruise I get very little sleep. After the meeting today, I've got a ton of cruise related stuff to do. Between picking up last minute dry cleaning and doing a bit of last minute cruise related shopping, it will be a very busy afternoon.

Tomorrow, I'll be taking be taking our beloved Golden Retriever Misha to his vacation spot while we are gone. It will be a solo trip as it's too hard for Holli to part from her boy for three weeks. She does go with me however to pick him up as she can't wait to be with him upon returning. It's truly amazing to see the interaction between them after being separated. Even though Misha is closing in on 13, he still acts like a puppy when he see's his mom after time apart.

I really get a kick out of the last several days before flyaway. So much going on and so much to get excited about.

Take Care All.....:):):)

Bob

i love this! i can feel your excitement. i too can't sleep beforehand when the anticipation is in high gear. thank you for sharing with us!

We are on the CB right now and will be in Invergordon in 3 hours. The CB is looking great and the entertainment as well as lectures on the next port have been great as well. Our weather so far has been above normal with no rain and mostly clear sky. I hope our weather holds out for Invergordon, Edinburgh and Normandy. See you all in Southampton. We are taking the ship tour of Stonehenge during the turnaround so will be back on the CB about 3 PM or so on Monday.

Bob, we understand about the Golden as we have one as well who is now at home with our house/dog sitter. She does get excited when she sees the wife.

An early good morning all from Palmdale Ca. Tomorrow is the big day. Around 35 hours till wheels up for Londan. I'm getting ready to take our Misha to his vacation spot for the next three weeks. After I get back to the Hi Desert, I'll be running some last minute errands.....

Have a Great Day.....:):):)

Bob

We are on the CB right now and will be in Invergordon in 3 hours. The CB is looking great and the entertainment as well as lectures on the next port have been great as well. Our weather so far has been above normal with no rain and mostly clear sky. I hope our weather holds out for Invergordon, Edinburgh and Normandy. See you all in Southampton. We are taking the ship tour of Stonehenge during the turnaround so will be back on the CB about 3 PM or so on Monday.

Bob, we understand about the Golden as we have one as well who is now at home with our house/dog sitter. She does get excited when she sees the wife.

Make sure there's enough vermouth left for the T/A......:):):)

Bob

Good afternoon all. Down to about 25 hours till wheels up for London. My bags are all packed and waiting by the front door. Errands are all done, so now it's all about relaxing. I probably won't get much sleep tonight as the night before we jet off I usually don't. I'm starting to get real ancy about now and even the clock seems to be moving much slower forward than it did yesterday. Limo ride to LAX picks us up tomorrow morning at 10:30am.....:):):)

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

Good evening all. Well I thought I was done packing. That is until Holli told me she ran out of room and I would have to rearrange some of my items to make room for the items she could not fit into her cases. One good thing of flying first class is we get 70lb's for each bag. I'm glad because, my bags sure will be close to it.....:D:D:D

Bob

In a little over 3 hours the CB will be at South Queensferry (Edinburgh) for our last port visit in Scotland. The cruise has been uneventful so far with calm seas and great entertainment. We have two comedians on board that performed last night. There have been port lectures every night for the port the next day by people who lived in those ports and have proved very interesting. These are not the usual port shopping lectures as that subject was not addressed. I hope that for the upcoming TA the lectures will continue before we make a port call as they have been educational. I hope everyone has a safe and uneventful trip over the pond in the next few days.

Bob we are saving 1 bottle of vermouth for you so use it wisely. :D:D

A very early good morning all from Palmdale Ca. As expected I only got a little more than three hours of sleep before I got up. I'm so keyed up right now. Everything is packed and I'm sitting here watching Fox with a fresh pot of coffee and my Macbook Pro. Limo picks us up in about 7 hours for our ride to LAX.

Life is good.....:):):)

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

What a wonderful trip you have! Bon voyage! We have friends who are on this cruise who just posted photos of their London pre cruise stay on Facebook!

I look forward to following along!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We've been looking forward to it since we booked it way back on March 27th of last year.....:):):)

Bob