Looking for a Seafood Restaurant

emtntn

• 2 weeks later...
We will be in New Orleans in October and my friends want to eat seafood. Looking for good advice on where to go. Thanks in advance.

What area of town? What type? Fried, grilled, mixture? Not very hard to find good seafood in NOLA :):)

Drago's is excellent near the river. As others mentioned, GW Fins, Galatoire's. Also Mr. B's, Casamento's, Peche, Mr. Ed's.

All depends on what part of the city you are interested in.

We were just there in August and we loved Deanie's Seafood and Drago's in the Hilton Riverwalk they have the BEST charbroiled oysters. :D

We will be in New Orleans in October and my friends want to eat seafood. Looking for good advice on where to go. Thanks in advance.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Expensive ( but worth it) , French Quarter, and men must wear as jacket as noted above. Years ago I went to N O regularly on business and often entertained clients. I usually let them pick the Restaurant. On one occasion one suggested Galatoires. Well at that time unbeknownst to me they only took cash and I barely had enough to cover the bill and avoid a major embarrassment. (This was pre ATM days for those wondering). Now every time DH and I go visit friends in NO we try to dine there. It has withstood the test of time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Felix's in the Quarter is our fave for oysters-they serve them several different ways.

We ate at the French Market Cafe the last time we were there for lunch and the boiled shrimp were excellent, gumbo great, and I had a crab/shrimp salad served in an avocado that was to die for!

Never had any bad seafood in the city, though!