Our First Cruise on RCCL

we are going on the Independence of the seas Dec 26th for 5 nights.

This is our first cruise with RCCl and have a few questions does it cost anything to ice skate or do the flow rider?

we will do one specialty restaurant and was wonder which one people like?

and if there is any thing else we should know?

thank you in advance

we are very excited to try a new line.

Ice Skaking and the Flowrider are free of charge.

Open ice skating times will be listed in the Cruise Compass (daily schedule). Skates, helmets, knee and elbow pads are supplied without charge. You will need to wear long pants to skate.

With regard to specialty restaurants, we like Giovanni's Table best.

Edited by clarea

Bob said it all! But I just want to emphasize again that you need long pants to ice skate. On one cruise, all I had was dress pants, and I was afraid of falling and getting a hole in them, so I didn't skate. I know it's a pain to bring jeans on a cruise, but it's probably best to squeeze a pair in your suitcase, if you want to skate. Or maybe a thin pair of sweat pants or leggings? :)

This is our first cruise with RCCl and have a few questions does it cost anything to ice skate or do the flow rider?

thank you in advance

Attached your "thread" below to talk to your fellow cruisers going on this cruise!! Enjoy!!:D

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2192974&page=3

Bob said it all! But I just want to emphasize again that you need long pants to ice skate. On one cruise, all I had was dress pants, and I was afraid of falling and getting a hole in them, so I didn't skate. I know it's a pain to bring jeans on a cruise, but it's probably best to squeeze a pair in your suitcase, if you want to skate. Or maybe a thin pair of sweat pants or leggings? :)

Just to add to this comment. You also need socks to ice skate (required). Socks have to be proper socks; not the low cut no show kind that people often wear with sneakers.

Ice Skaking and the Flowrider are free of charge.

Open ice skating times will be listed in the Cruise Compass (daily schedule). Skates, helmets, knee and elbow pads are supplied without charge. You will need to wear long pants to skate.

With regard to specialty restaurants, we like Giovanni's Table best.

Bob, when dining at Giovanni's (Oasis), do you prefer Inside or in Central Park. I kind of like the idea of being outside, but does foot traffic by non-dining passengers become a distraction/nuisance? Thanks:)

Bob, when dining at Giovanni's (Oasis), do you prefer Inside or in Central Park. I kind of like the idea of being outside, but does foot traffic by non-dining passengers become a distraction/nuisance? Thanks:)

I don't think the foot traffic would be much of an issue. However, for me, the humidity and heat would be uncomfortable. I'd be inside.

• 3 months later...
does rccl have an app like ncl that you can use your cell phone to text back and forth? I have been trying to find something and cant.

thank you

Not on Independence. It is only available right now on Harmony and the Quantum class ships. Hopefully it will be fleet wide some day.

thank you in advance

What you really need to know is that Independence is an awesome ship and you should enjoy the anticipation of your upcoming time aboard her!:)